1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Much Is My Boxing Forum Worth?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by chum112, Feb 23, 2010.

Just curious,

How much is my boxing forum worth?

Sweet Boxing

It makes next to nothing. At the moment.

But it has only been open for a year, and look at its growth, it continues to take off.

chum112, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  2. ponpulla

ponpulla Peon

Best Answers:
    in my honest thought it not worth much probably like 15 dollars, the vbulltien license cost you more then it worth. my opinion is to create sub forms and a section of like the top 25 most popular fighters for example manny pacaqaio, erik morales, julio cesear chavez, floyd mayweather, juan manuel marquez etc etc. that way it get index in google under those commonly search name and you will be bringin in alot more traffic just for those keywords in boxing and have more in depth section, right now you site seems fairly small.

ponpulla, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  3. chum112

chum112 Guest

Best Answers:
    No the current layout is appreciated by the forum users.

Thats the problem. While there is no income, its growing rapidly and if it can challenge the major forums in the niche, they make $30 K Plus per month.

chum112, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  4. ponpulla

ponpulla Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont want to rain on your parade but, its been open a year and only have 261 members out of which only 136 is active i have a forum thats only 3 months old with 7,800 members and only 4,000 of which is active. you dont have to change the layout but optimise if for people to find your site better. boxing niche is nice and money to be made but if they cant find your site in google 9 out of 10 times they will never come across you site. you guys have the best erik morales video collection i have seen so far and i would have never came across it unless i came here...

ponpulla, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  5. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have some sort of plan in place to take the site from where it is now to being a major forum making $30k per month? It's not easy.

I'm pretty sure I've seen hundreds of members here start their own webmaster forums thinking "hey, I just get a few members and it grows and then I make as much money as the DP forums." You know how many of those forums get anywhere near challenging DP? Zero.

MTbiker, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  6. tech_savvy

tech_savvy Peon

Best Answers:
    may think of increasing the traffic then considering its worth.

tech_savvy, Feb 26, 2010 IP