1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the Role of Yahoo Answers in Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PRGuy, Mar 2, 2010.

Hello Guys,

can anybody tell me how yahoo answers can be connected with business? I think yahoo answers can only help us to bring some extra traffic. But I heard that some guys are making it useful for their affiliate business. How is this possible? Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.
    PRGuy!

PRGuy, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  2. expertofexperts

expertofexperts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers are useful in some of the ways as you can get traffic but mainly can get link from them. Still they are very strict and do not allow you to post links in every of your answers.

expertofexperts, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  3. ppcIcon

ppcIcon Peon

Best Answers:
    Its far too timeconsuming to do, and results are not guarunteed. You would be better off spending your time on SEO, backlink building and promotion using good content and/or linkbait.

ppcIcon, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  4. PRGuy

PRGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    New members cannot post live links on yahoo news I heard. Only after a few day's participation (after entering level2) members are allowed to post links. But I think that the links from yahoo answers are nofollow. So no SERP benefit with that. But yeah, its a great traffic source.

PRGuy, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  5. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've sometimes wondered if I should be using Yahoo answers more to promote my forums. PRGuy when you say that "...its a great traffic source" are you speaking from personal experience. Are there any particular niches, for which it works well?

Fergal, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  6. PRGuy

PRGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Fergal,

yeah, I have experience with bringing traffic to my blogs (not for sales) from yahoo answers. There was times when I get more than 50 unique visits per day just from a single answer.

PRGuy, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  7. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see it all the time. People just set up a lame landing page with a big CPA offer of some sort. Then they spam Yahoo Answers in whatever topic is related. It's extremely popular in the diet section (acai berry, colon cleanse, etc. offers.)

Of course, they'll need to create new accounts all the time since they get banned. And the links for these new accounts aren't even live, just plain text. But some people on Y!A are extremely dumb and gullible and fall for their schemes, so they keep doing it.

I prefer this method:
    http://internetmarketingsucks.com/blog/2008/04/08/how-to-market-yahoo-answers-free-traffic/ ;)

MTbiker, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  8. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that PRGuy, 50 visits from a single answer is a great result, and worth the time it takes to write a quality answer. There aren't many forums where you can get 50 visits from replying to a thread.

Fergal, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  9. PRGuy

PRGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    :)

Fergal, but the main thing behind is to find the right question which is having (or may have) good interaction. I give some good information over there with links to my sites on such questions. So I always get good referral from there to my website.

PRGuy!

PRGuy, Mar 3, 2010 IP
    Fergal likes this.