1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP seems to be Dying

Discussion in 'General Business' started by movidalatina, Mar 1, 2010.

1. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    The ratio of useless to useful posts seems to be skyrocketing.

So many people are just posting stuff like "Great article thanks for posting" in response to some obviously-plagiarised, twice-warmed over obsolete crap that someone else posted to get their post count up so they could sell their .sig.

Every discussion that seems vaguely interesting is soon swarmed with morons with nothing to say. I don't know where all these "people" come from but the cretin factor on DP has gone through the roof. These days I am less and less motivated to click the bookmark to see what's new. Either there needs to be some sort of reddit/slashdot-style user-moderation system to get the dumb posts hidden from view, or the moderators need to get a LOT more active.

SmallPotatoes, Mar 2, 2010 IP
    Clive likes this.
  2. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think DP is dying. The forum isn't as active as it once used to be (at least that what it feels like) and it just... seems to be dying in my eyes. Don't really know why.

Sweely, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  3. indrainc

indrainc Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with that, this forum need more 'Giver' people to share their mutual knowledge to others. Usually,as I see at other forums, lot of The Giver are come from board of moderator, correct me if I am wrong, but here, at the first sight (since I am a new member), not enough Giver come from there, not enough interesting thread started from mods, and morons (like me, maybe) come to post some useless things. I am sorry for bad english, I like this forum and I didn't want to see it die

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
    indrainc, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  4. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Totally! I remember when those kinds of threads were rare, but now there are so many. If it were up to me I'd just delete any thread that started with a lame plagiarized article because it's useless and the responses are sure to be useless.

MTbiker, Mar 3, 2010 IP
    Clive likes this.
  5. TimothyJohn

TimothyJohn Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't like it , do something to change it :D There are two types of offenders in the world, those who commit atrocities and those who stand by and let atrocities be committed! Not a direct quote and the context is wrong but you get the general idea haha

TimothyJohn, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  6. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    What would you propose that I do in order to get rid of the junk posts on here? Hack into the server and delete them?

SmallPotatoes, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  7. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I think we are far from dead. One thing that I would like to see done though is getting rid of the posts that are promotional in the General Marketing section. I would say nearly half of the posts there are like, "hey, read my blog post... informative!"... my response is... "annoying!".

PHPGator, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  8. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is not the problem DP! it just gives that how worst is the globlal market due to recession! infact DP becoming big and biggest in Webmasters World Community!

jezzz, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  9. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    What's your point, jezzz? Can you reformulate your idea?

Clive, Mar 3, 2010 IP