1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Blogs?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by LiamHammett, Mar 9, 2010.

Hello everyone,

I'm a BST fanatic here, love the stuff that goes on there. But most people are looking to buy free blogs on sites like blogspot or wordpress. Besides the obvious of not having to have a domain, what would the advantages of having a free blog be? Surely you could just get a subdomain of your main site/network domain, and that'd look alot more professional. So, what advantages?

LiamHammett, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  2. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Liam. My opinion is that you are much better having your own domain name for your blog, like you say it looks much more professional and the domain name is more memorable, for your visitors. However, there are some very well known blogs that don't use their own domain, e.g. http://sethgodin.typepad.com/

Fergal, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  3. LiamHammett

LiamHammett Active Member

Best Answers:
    But still, surely those well known sites should invest a little and get their own domain to be even better.

4. keym4k3r

keym4k3r Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people live in sin and darkness.
    The ones, who in their despair are looking for the free blogs, do not want to buy just ANY free blog.
    They want to but an OLD one. They buy the age, and what is connected with it, some kind of authority.
    The advantages are, they are fast and easy to create, and you do not need to trouble with technical problems, including hacker attacks.
    They are pretty anonymous, and anyone can put any copyrighted content in, risking only account suspension.

But this is also the main disadvantage, the free blog can be canceled tomorrow, and you can hardly do anything about it, as it is not yours.
    Most of blogs on Typepad are paid BTW , and so is the Seth's one I assume.

keym4k3r, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  5. jackvidal

jackvidal Peon

Best Answers:
    To my personal opinion, you should always have your own domain for your blogs. Many people had blogs on Squidoo that made them a lot of money. One day squidoo decided to ban all affiliate blogs. People lost their entire income in one day! You can never know when this would happen on blogger or wordpress. Free blogs are only for the very beginning if you can't afford to buy a domain name, but once you make your first sale, go buy a domain name and hosting, and build your own blog.

Jack

jackvidal, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  6. LiamHammett

LiamHammett Active Member

Best Answers:
    And I'm one of them ^_^

But still, getting a unique domain and linking that with the Blogger account surely that'd work just the same, but be more professional - thats what I mean. No-one will get a truely amazing blog if it's totally anonymous (unless it's one like lolcats).