1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Brand SPANKING new to websites (flipping) How do I pay for and receive websites?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by CannonT, Mar 9, 2010.

Hey im brand new to the website business, and my main objective is to make some cash. I would like to buy a website for cheap around $20 in which i could improve and promote etc. However how do I pay, I have paypal. but once i pay what happens then? how do I get the website and any of the money it is / will be making? also how does assigning a domain work. Thanks, i really need to get this going need to make some money ;)

CannonT, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  2. LiamHammett

LiamHammett Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm new to website flipping aswell, but before you do try flipping websites, have experience with one or two paid hosts, get webmaster experience, etcetera. If you have good webmaster experience you'll have no trouble valuing and selling websites.

LiamHammett, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  3. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you need to do a TON of research before you become the next Bill Gates of site flipping mate. :cool:

manofwar, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  4. BrianM

BrianM Peon

Best Answers:
    Many of the domains on auction at Sedo include content. Be sure to read the description well and understand exactly what you are buying.

BrianM, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  5. malcarada

malcarada Active Member

Best Answers:
    I humbly agree with that.

malcarada, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  6. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're brand-spanking-new, I wouldn't advise starting out by flipping. You can't know if a site is a good buy if you can't make a profitable site on your own -- and you won't know how to properly improve it until you've built profitable sites in the past.

Flipping is a great shortcut for someone who knows what they're doing, is already making money starting sites from scratch, and wants to make the process faster. But spending money on a pair of running shoes won't help if you can't crawl yet, if you get what I'm saying. :) I'd start out by making some profitable sites first, until you really know how it works, THEN consider flipping. :)

Sloth, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  7. CannonT

CannonT Peon

Best Answers:
    Sloth, i have been deciding whether to flip or to make one first, and what you said just made so much sence :)! Thanks I will continue to make my own website right away

CannonT, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since you have limited knowledge.
    I would suggest you buy an existing website the flip it to resell it later.

You can make money by putting adsense ads at the website.

mentos, Mar 12, 2010 IP