1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

question about article writing ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mt33, Mar 4, 2010.

hi all

I have a question

as you know many of writers get amount for writing per article or per word !

which one is better ?

if will hire someone for article writing , which one do you prefer for corporation !

thanks

mt33, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  2. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mt3 I've hired article writers in the past. My preference has always been to pay per article, I don't like the idea of counting words and I'd prefer the writer to say something in the best way possible, rather than using the most words possible.

Fergal, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  3. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Silly question- obviously industry standard is per word. It is silly to say $xx per article without stating number of words. Then whether you write 200 or 20000 words article, client pays you same amount which is impractical. Programs like Word have Word Count function which count words for you. And usually when people say 500 words article, they don't mean exactly 500 ..they mean about 500 so 530 or 480 is still consider about 500 words so that issue of not writing in best way possible because of word limit is nonsense.

tradester, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  4. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, as most have said the industry standard is per word. The reason is fairly clear... it takes much longer to write a 1000 word article in comparison to a 300 word article. :)

I have some clients who do not want to put limitations on me, but they still usually ahve some requirements like "between 400-600 words". I still charge them by the word. If I write 456 words, they pay $4.56 for that article.

PHPGator, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  5. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    industry standard is per word as has been said, but do your homework on good article writers as ive found many just use long winded words to get more money.

powerlifer, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  6. mt33

mt33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i know someone that says $2/100 words what does it mean ?

mt33, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  7. webmasterphi

webmasterphi Peon

Best Answers:
    i usually charge on per article basis to make it more affordable to the client...

webmasterphi, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  8. allisonays

allisonays Guest

Best Answers:
    It is better to ask your client to pay you per article and not per word, so it is easier for you to track the number of articles done and its easy for you to compute your salary when payday is near. Counting words is time consuming.

allisonays, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  9. softgen

softgen Peon

Best Answers:
    hi mt33,

Are you want to hire article writer in cheap rate? So follow this link "forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102"

softgen, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  10. wiggs71

wiggs71 Member

Best Answers:
    This is a good question. I normally charge per word, but I am pretty flexible. I can charge per article. Content writing is becoming competitive for decent writers because there are those that just want a quick fix and will hire someone that will write for pennies.

wiggs71, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  11. nosblog

nosblog Peon

Best Answers:
    I hire article writer and pay per article. In this case it's easy for me to manage the article content. I suggest you shop around. Try Tiffany Dow. She is a very good writer. I am new here in the forum and not sure if I can post her link here.

nosblog, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  12. mt33

mt33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    please pm me about this writer

Thanks

mt33, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  13. mt33

mt33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i follow this link certainly
    thanks for helping me

mt33, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  14. mt33

mt33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my idea per word is more expensive than per articles ! for example i calculated 6 article = 24$ but if it was calculated with per word = 38$ ofcourse one of writer has told in this forum this price for ordering that i canceled

mt33, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  15. nosblog

nosblog Peon

Best Answers:
    Try this

http://shop.plrminimart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92&Itemid=74

nosblog, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  16. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They get per word as industry standard.
    They usually charge $5/100 word for high quality writer.

mentos, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  17. nosblog

nosblog Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you that various article writers charge different price options. I prefer to pay per an article as it allows me greater flexibility in terms of managing the article contents, my budget, time and quality of my article. Your budget per an article can escalate if you're having your article written per word count.

If you were a not-so-good writer and looking for a proffessional article writer to rewrite your draft article yes, I will go for price per word count option. The decision is your. There is no one better option

nosblog, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  18. seotoys

seotoys Member

Best Answers:
    Essentially, in either ways word count is under consideration. Writers getting per article work also reveal the number of words they are accountable for, which is as per industry standard.

seotoys, Mar 13, 2010 IP