1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

no traffic showing up on my website trough subdomain. need help

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ifuncity, Mar 10, 2010.

hey guys,

i have a website (ecommerce) and a blog (general tech news). my blog is basically a redirect page that lives on my website as a subdomain. however, the blog template i am using is different from the original website (same language, different script). my main issue with this is that the traffic i get on my blog isn't counted towards my website traffic. Google Analytics is only able to catch some clicks here and there from the redirect page. I have pasted the same Google Analytics tag on the blog, but it is still not showing up.

Can anyone help me with this?

romain

ifuncity, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  2. LaneMiller

LaneMiller Peon

Best Answers:
    have you checked your page source on all the pages you wanted to monitor traffic on? If so, can you see your tracking tag in there?

LaneMiller, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  3. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Where did you put the google code? Make sure you put it into your header.

Even better, if your running wordpress there is a plugin which allows you to enter in your google analyctics code and it does the work for you.

FavouritesBlog, Mar 11, 2010 IP
  4. LaneMiller

LaneMiller Peon

Best Answers:
    whhhoooooaaaaaa, lets take a quick step back, Google Webmasters confirmation code goes in the headers, Analytics code goes RIGHT in front of the closing body tag
    <body>blahblahblahblahablha<google analytics tracking script></script></body>
    Code (markup):

LaneMiller, Mar 11, 2010 IP