1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TV/Movie Site Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by !Unreal, Nov 11, 2008.

1. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    ANYONE who has TV show sites then please PM me with your URLs for link exchanges.
    Also you can add your sites at Oriteytvlinks.com.

WharfeValley Systems, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  2. DMK

DMK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it advisable to get in this biz now since there are so many of these tv/movie sites popping all over the net?

And is cpalead the best monetizing source for such sites or do you guys recommend any others?

DMK, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  3. "rl2043

"rl2043 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I need a ZML Invitation Code. Can someone please PM me one.

thanks

"rl2043, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  4. websurfpro

websurfpro Active Member

Best Answers:
    This niche is indeed getting very crowded, but its not the last profitable niche for cpalead publishers. I am certain there are many niches not yet explored that are highly profitable, in fact I'm researching them as I write this post.

websurfpro, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  5. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, CPAlead is not just limited to TV show sites.

ColorWP.com, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  6. cinema

cinema Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The exchange of quick profit with cpa lead vs keeping ppl coming back daily and earning you adsense, adbrite profits doesn't make sense. I understand you want to monetize your site but do you honestly think you users want to come back regularly when there literally thousands of sites that dont require surveys? Also some of you bear in mind that users referring other users is like 50% of what makes a movie/tv show site grow.

Here is a new link dumping ground for you movie site owners..it's brand new and under development but i've talked to the ppl who own it and they are former sidereel mods and designers. The site should be completed by mid april indexing over 43,000 movies when its completed. I've started dumping my links to megavideo and lombo there already. Not getting much traffic yet but sidereel started just like this and look what it's become.

For those interested http://www.themoviehub.info

cinema, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  7. optiweb

optiweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree 100% just how many people are turning away from sites when they see a gateway - thousands

Thanks for the link - the .info domain is a little off putting, just becuase of the indexing point of view ...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    optiweb, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  8. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are wrong here my friend. There are a lot of earnings in the CPAlead's usage for TV shows. It is clear that the shows that you will provide are available all over the net without a forced survey, but most (about %70) of the people will be glad to fill a quick 1 page survey to access something that they are searching for and is already a survey away (instead of the alternative that requires too much hassle - close the window, search for another site that has the content, seek for another if it's not working). You just have to reach this targeted audience with promotion. People are filling surveys to watch movies/TV show episodes. At least, they still are. I guess there will be some point in the future where the market will get so saturated and filled with alternatives or people will become so upset of forced surveys, that they will just prefer not to fill them. For now - we can exploit it for as long as it works.

For building returning visitors - of course it's better to not have Cpalead at all, but then again regular banner and popup advertising are the same. Various researches have shown that advertisements often tend to drive people away. There will be people that will get along with them though, just as an appreciation for your content. Cpalead is just a newer version of popups. In the past, browsers weren't able to block popups too and they were forced, just as CPAlead is right now. Only that it blocks viewing the content - that's the only real difference apart from the different (better and more creative) business model that overlaying CPA widgets are.

Regarding the site - are you sure it's not yours?

My 2 cents

ColorWP.com, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  9. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To me its a simple numbers game. I simply make far MORE money using Cpalead than I do with Adsense, and really, money is all I care about.

I'm not favoring one network over the other either. I've tried pretty much everything there is over the past few years, and with the same traffic numbers I make about 2-3 times more using Cpalead. Yes, many people will leave, but its the dedicated ones who are left that matters to me, over some random people who may or may not click on my Adsense ads (indicating they really didnt like my site to begin with and want to check out another one).

Adsense creates outgoing leaks, whereas those who do the surveys are given a free membership to my site and return again and again. I'm not knocking Adsense or other PPC networks, because I do use them on other sites, but I'm not willing to cut my income in half by using them on my entertainment network. I make more with Cpalead. Simple as that.

asmodeus, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  10. cinema

cinema Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dude I am a senior member at one of the biggest sources of traffic to movie/tv sites. I can tell you first hand that any site featuring cpa lead is being dragged thru the mud by the general public. How much do you want to bet that someone who visits your cpa site the first time is searching google for an alternative 4 minutes later? Your turn over of 30-50% of your visitors putting up with the surveys is not equal to the 70% that could like your site and bring a friend a long. CPA lead is a short term system, none of the top 1000 movie sites have them because they tried cpa and the numbers crumble. I can show you sites doing 150,000 visitors on average a day and show you better sites with cpa lead barely doing 2000 visits a day. The cpa site may be earning a few hundred bucks a day but the site with 150k visitors a day is earning much much more because they've found monetizing alternatives that don't intrude with a user experience.

I'll give you an example of what your targeted audience thinks the second they arrive at a site with cpa leads "This must be a scam". Why because if they can't preview your content they don't know if it works and if filling out the survey will lead to actual working content. Here's why, before you started a movie site i'm sure you scanned the net to scope your competition..how many times have you filled out surveys on a site only to reach a movie trailer and not the movie? I know from experience and from dealing as middle man between visitors and webmasters that cpa lead will kill your sites traffic faster than having trojans on the site.

cinema, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  11. cinema

cinema Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    How much do you earn daily from cpa lead and how many of your users are returning visitors? Why take 50 cents per survey for something intrusive when you can make 12-15 bucks for a lead without the annoying pop up survey?

cinema, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  12. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I suppose if I was only making 50 cents a survey then I might be inclined to agree with you, but since I can pick the surveys I want displayed on my gateway I choose those that pay more (as all the big earners do at cpalead). To a surfer, they dont know if a survey they fill out is paying me 50 cents or $45 (like the one I just got a few minutes ago), so I keep the higher ones on and offer full membership.

Like I said, it just earns more for me than anything else I've tried.

I do agree with one thing you said though..."how many times have you filled out surveys on a site only to reach a movie trailer and not the movie?". That's why a GOOD movie site using Cpalead will have the full, working content. Those that dont will NOT get returning visitors. Those that have working videos, like mine, get returns every day.

13. cinema

cinema Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've seen non cpa lead sites earning 15k every 15 days..perfect example is watch movie links. I mean if you are making more than $20 a day with cpa leads more power to you, if not then its a waste of time which it is for 99% of webmasters. I'll take $12 over $1 per lead anyday. Just my two cents. I also ask have you had users review your site online?

cinema, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  14. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree...I'd certainly take $12 over $1 any day as well, and I do. :)

Of course there are lots of movie sites making big money WITHOUT cpalead, but we all choose different things to use to monetize our websites. It's whatever works for the individual. I'm not defending Cpalead...I'm merely telling you what works for ME personally, and Cpalead is a good choice for webmasters who dont have high traffic numbers as well. Other things, like PPC, are generally only effective if you have lots of traffic, unless you're in a microniche (ie. not movies). If something ELSE works for you, then great, we're all happy! :)

And yes, users have said good things about my site, and it is currently on some top 10 lists, getting as high as #7. Not, #1, but I'm not expecting it to be. I'm happy as things are.

Webmasters seem to be divided into 2 camps on this: you either love Cpalead or hate it, but I see it as just another monetization method. It works well on the RIGHT kind of site, done correctly, but certainly isnt for everyone, and I respect that.

I wish everyone the best, no matter what they choose to use on their sites. As long as we all make money, right?? :)

15. cinema

cinema Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree with you at the end of the day its about the buck you make. I just speak from an outsider looking in who deals with both webmasters and visitors on a daily basis. I know some very happy cpa lead users and I know some very unhappy ones. I personally think cpa lead works when you already have a moderate amount of traffic to your site, it's not a good solution for someone establishing a site without public reputation. Congratulations on your success and being listed, would love to see your site if possible. Perhaps can offer some traffic tips as well. I just launched a movie link sites that's in need of your links.

cinema, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  16. optiweb

Best Answers:
    Is anyone having a problem with these new megavideo txt ads? They wont close on my embeds

optiweb, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  17. cinema

cinema Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe it's your browser, on the left hand lower corner the option to close the ad pops up.

cinema, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  18. optiweb

Best Answers:
    Just check it in I.E - firefox has the problem

optiweb, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  19. cinema

cinema Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you have adblock mozilla add-on installed..that could be the culprit

cinema, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  20. optiweb

Best Answers:
    No, I haven't, Not worried about it for myself - Just visitors!

optiweb, Mar 12, 2010 IP