1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to buy a website, but how do I approach it?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mkmuzika, Mar 15, 2010.

Want to buy a website that I know the owner almost at a personal level, he is getting up in his years, and doesn't really do anything to improve the site or fix it, its a very high traffic site, I am an administrator of the site itself, so I know the site inside out.

How would you guys suggest I go about approaching the owner to buy his site from him?

mkmuzika, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  2. Sterlin Walker

Sterlin Walker Peon

Best Answers:
    I would just ask him. Tell him you like the site and that you would be interested in purchasing it. In all honesty, your mind is you playground. That's the beautiful thing about IP, there is no limit to your ability to close the deal as long as it's a win win scenario.

Sterlin Walker, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  3. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

You would approach him and float the idea about buying it. You should have done your homework prior and know what you are looking to spend for this site. Also if he is interested in selling, you still need to do your due diligence in getting all the relevant information from him. Revenue, traffic sources, and so on.

Barefootsies, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  4. mkmuzika

mkmuzika Active Member

Best Answers:
    The thing is, I know the revenue, the traffic sources, and all of that, I handle/handled most of that, so I do got a heads up of what is going on. He doesn't have any revenue, but there is a large potential for it though. He is behind on times, and if I'm at the helm I can turn this website into a powerhouse.

mkmuzika, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  5. adamgrokov

adamgrokov Guest

Best Answers:
    In my personal experience, there needs to be some sort of sense of urgency. This way the owner will not have enough time to weight pros and cons of selling the site. My opinion may not be as valuable however if you know him at very personal level...but it might work.

adamgrokov, Mar 15, 2010 IP