1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can This Family Make Money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by allwinners, Mar 20, 2010.

Hi,

I have a family (clients) that came to me yesterday asking

"How can we make money quickly and steadily on the internet?"

I asked them how much money they had to get started and they told me $300US. The father has lost his job with no redundancy payment, the mom is sick and the kid is only 12 years old. They need to be able to do something to keep the bills paid and food on the table.

I thought I would post the question here to see if anyone had any bright ideas, that would help.

Thanks heaps
    Bryce

allwinners, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  2. Ghon99

Ghon99 Peon

Best Answers:
    It would help to know what skills they have. I would suggest Clickbank for them, cause all it requires is a Facebook/Twitter account.

But if they know how to build a website, then CPA is better. CPALead is one of the best CPA websites around.

Ghon99, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  3. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point, I forgot to mention the skills they have. They don't have much internet skills at all, but they do have access to people who can assist with putting a site together, etc. They are a hard working low paid family that has always done things on the outside (offline) and only now face the reality that the older we get, the less chance of work there is.

The mom is a great proof-reader and home-schools their son, but the dad has virtually no skills. He was an unskilled worker.

I will take a deeper look into CPALead, thanks for that :)

4. Ghon99

Ghon99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mom could write articles for Associated Content, but she needs to speak English fluently.

Ghon99, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  5. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    I looked into CPALead, and I have a problem with forcing people to do things like surveys before they gain access to the site. When I get this on a site I land on, I immediately shut the site down and look elsewhere, so I am not sure I could recommend this to them.

The AC info is a good idea, although don't you have to write and give material away beofre you get accepted for the jobs on Associated Content? I mean, she might end up writing 100 sample articles and not get accepted for any - is this correct?? I will take a closer look, thanks again for all your ideas. I appreciate it.

6. Ghon99

Ghon99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, so we're back to Clickbank. Selling other's eBooks. Even tho i think that CPA is the best. This way they could make a stable income.

Ghon99, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  7. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    They can't expect to get huge returns with a $300 investment and have no real online skills. Their better off starting a mom and pop story somewhere in town.

mezner, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  8. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the best practical advice. You can't just walk into getting a decent income on the web with no skills.

They would be better off trying to find a real world job that pays decent money. If they're hard working that can be used to their advantage. Have them call up their former employers and get letters of reference. They shouldn't be afraid to ask for them.

chant, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  9. VarriaStudios

VarriaStudios Member

Best Answers:
    Good question so your budget is $300

Think as a company CEO , find a website hosting company and start with a 1 year web hosting term; find a company that can provide unlimited domain name hosting.
    After that let's assume you are left with $150 in total for registering domain names.
    so test and register 5 Domain names that's about $60 for the 5 domain names , more or less.
    Sign up for affiliates programs, something like google adsense, amazon, clickbank.
    Once you've signed up and got the affiliations rolling is time to install wordpress and start building links, backlinks, write content that is relevant to what youre trying to sell.
    Don't bother to submit to search engines the spiders now a days will find your content on auto. If anything install google analytics, use google webmaster tools to submit a .xml sitemap for all of your sites.

Tips for each program:
    Google Adsense: Don't worry about finding high paying keywords, instead worry about keywords to write about.
    Clickbank: Under marketplace find affiliations with a HIGH GRAVITY %%
    Amazon: Think PROMOTION, what's on SPECIAL and you will succeed.

Tools:
    HTML Editor
    IMAGE Editor

Just for a beginner keep in mind that nothings pays off unless you enjoy doing it, if you're coming online with a budget of $300 you're basically out of luck.

The advice I am giving is for someone who is looking to do this as a hobby to start off with, always see yourself as the end-user.

Learn to type lol , you gotta learn to write as much as you can, the more you write the more success and exposure you'll have.

DO NOT pay for any OVER NIGHT success, do not submit your email to e-mail marketing sites , your email will be spam by useless information.

Social Media:

I have 4 words for social media: TWITTER, FACEBOOK,FRIENDFEED & DIGG, etc, etc....
    when getting involved with social media think of WEB SPIDERS looking for all that exist inside of each media, so is like a shortcut to your link for the spider.

good typing & luck... lol

VarriaStudios, Mar 20, 2010 IP
    allwinners likes this.
  10. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response but I didn't say anything about huge returns. I said they wanted to use this money to make some money to pay the bills. I don't know about where you live, but $300US would not pay the first weeks rent or expenses to set up a mom and pop business in town.

11. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I might look at setting them up a CB store of sorts and see how they go with the affiliate products. Thanks again!

12. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    Advice taken. As I mentioned earlier, they are looking to see if they can start something online. It is only the dad who has lost his job, mom is very sick and can't work (physically). Dad has references but he is 54 years old with no management skills. This makes it difficult for him to even get interviews.

13. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your informative post. This is the sort of information I was hoping for, and I will pass it on. You have been very helpful and I appreciate it very much.

14. VarriaStudios

VarriaStudios Member

Best Answers:
    you're welcome, I also just noted that you said you're in usa. So if that's the case try different routes much bigger. HOTEL BOOKING, FLY BOOKING. step it up a notch.

there are unlimited options for usa based publishers.

VarriaStudios, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  15. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    but that is your problem. At least where I live it will cost a family about $300 a month for an apartment and ill say $270 for food ($1 a meal, per person). A family cant live off $5 a day. they should just get a normal job.

mezner, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  16. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate to say it but if that destitute they should consider trying to sell stuff on craigs or ebay. Sometimes it is the easiest way to get started online. Starting a website with little knowledge of internet marketing is not a great idea unless someone in the family is seriously technologically savvy or is usually motivated and seems to have a Midas touch business wise.

reapr, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  17. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in New Zealand but can always get them to focus on the US markets. Thanks again :)

18. allwinners

allwinners Peon

Best Answers:
    Your $300 would not pay for one weeks rent here, and food would cost what you state, per week!! Then there are school fees, power, gas, water, transport, medical, etc etc etc. As I stated earlier - the days are gone (even where you live) where a person of 50+ can "demand" a job.

19. acur042

acur042 Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest they start off with making money with adsense before moving onto affiliate marketing

acur042, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  20. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah I guess. I was saying at an absolute MINIMUM. then again, it does depend on where you live. You do get what you pay for.

mezner, Mar 20, 2010 IP