1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A New Anime Site, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by GreatQuality, Mar 29, 2010.

1. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem with the videos is the fact that there already is a lot of websites offering them out there. On those sites, they have a LOT of videos, too. If you were to go that route you would be dedicating a ton of time to get up to par with your competitors content amount. Also, I just don't see a whole lot to be made in anime, but I could be wrong.

mezner, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  2. bettybakebake

bettybakebake Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I have a side comment to make about this subject. I have been an ebay seller for years and basically selling hard goods. One of the biggest and most profitable sellers are anime dolls and like action figures. They don't sell here in the states but overseas....WOW you gotta jump when they are available and you have to search for them but then the profit is easily over 150% and lots more for the ones that are in limited edition. I don't know anime but I just bought any dolls for less than 100 dollars I could find and then resold them.
    My health has interrupted my ebay career so i have moved to more cerebral activities but I always remember those crazy dolls and I Know Japanese parents are just as dedicated to being foolish over their children like Americans and their tickle me elmo and cabbage patch kids.

Whenever I had one of those dolls on my auctions my numbers would just jump. So if you can put a few hard goods on your site I know you will get the traffic. Dropshipping means all you do is take the order, the company takes care of the rest. DOBA is the company I used. They had the most dolls but you had to have your finger on the trigger to get them.

I know this is digital point meaning no hard goods but I thought you might like to know. The market really is saturated I was thinking how about selling kits for to teach cartooning anime. I bet you could find those around too. that is downloadable. anyway just some thoughts. I am collaborating, not trying to be a big know it all. I am a nobody.
    michele

bettybakebake, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  3. msk19994

msk19994 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so u think that if a person want to open a site he should open a site where people can buy anime dolls or figures

msk19994, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  4. bettybakebake

Best Answers:
    I just thought of something else. When I first came across those hot dolls and action figures and saw what they were selling for on eBay and went and visited a bunch of anime sites. To me they all looked like pokemon. But some were like young Samuri, the dolls and action figures were larger than what we would expect something GI Joe to be. Now mind I have never actually held one of these dolls only read the description.

Anyway one of the things I can definately say is that all anime sites should have a 'story up till now' button so you can know what is going on. I think it is a niche but I think parents and people buying gifts for others would appreciate knowing a little more about the characters they are buying. And I think even the young urban crowd could get confused on who was doing what to who and when.

I would find a cheap way to create vignettes of the previous episodes with some text. If you made like a phone app for viewing their episodes real quick and easy that would sell too. gotta be different. maybe everyone is already doing this, when i was looking around about two years ago no site had enough info about the storyline so far.

If you go look at those soap opera digest sites they get huge hits and all kinds of objects for them to buy. And that too is saturated but look at what appear on the surface to successful sites are doing.

Again I am just throwing ideas out there, just random thoughts, i am wasting time cause i gotta go argue with the web developer about why my site isn't up still. So good luck. And I don't know a thing about anime just what i personally found out while looking years ago.

5. bettybakebake

Best Answers:
    oh yeah one other thing. if you go to find those dolls on a dropshipper, BUY THEM yourself otherwise you will just get a backorder from doba. What I did was, mostly they sold for like 89.00 from doba, I would buy as many as I could. I would hold shipping and I would put a BIN on ebay for $229.00 plus shipping. I don't think I ever didn't sell within a few hours. And then I would have Doba send them to the customers address. I usually had to speak directly to customer service to arrange it but they always worked with me.
    michele

The whole market could be very different now.......you gotta go check it out yourself......there may be new suppliers or whatever......or the kids are onto the next big thing.......like farting iphones

6. TheInventorySoftware.com

TheInventorySoftware.com Member

Best Answers:
    here my suggestion, yes anime site can be profitable.
    But how ? The answer : INVENTION
    Method:
    Find Top 10 best anime site on the world.
    Then, find his weakness. (ie, slow loading, lot of ads, etc)
    Provide something better and easy and simple
    Guess, how facebook is better than myspace, friendster etc. It is because, facebook is simpler than other.

My 2 cents~
    TIS

7. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i've seen lots of these sites. they'd probably be successful if it turned out to be downloadable files.

etc, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  8. Digital X

Digital X Member

Best Answers:
    If you have the passion for the subject, go for it. Create it.

And honestly, its a niche market. If you're a gamer, a gaming website goes hand-in-hand with anime sites.
    Not necessarily. I've seen a few sites prospering beyond prosperity without downloadable files.

Digital X, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  9. Gray Fox

Gray Fox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also add the best things from those top 10 sites, preferably the ones that made them get into top 10. Once I master Facebook powerful javascript techniques I'll make a site like that myself. Already made a CMS that takes hundreds of thousands of (adult) visits daily, but making a site like that is one of my dreams, so profit doesn't really matter. Hope I don't fall in love till then :/

Also, stay away from manga reading/anime watching sites. OneManga, MangaFox, ZomgAnime and some few other sites made it. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. Hope you have some original ideas, like MyAnimeList had.

EDIT: Some other sites that are successful in their fields are AnimePlanet, SankakuComplex, HongFire, Fakku.

Gray Fox, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  10. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest to upload your copyrighted contents outside of your website like magaupload or some free or cheap webhost that is outside of your main website source... why? because you could get sued and lead your website to get banned from your providers for piracy.

I suggest to upload your videos to youtube and simply link it to your website. That way your site will stay outside of the problem.

For exemple:

Ikkitousen S4 - Xtreme Xecutor [Youtube]

If you want your visitors to watch an episode of a particular anime, just link it to the source.
    If you want your visitors to read intormation of a particular anime, just link it to the source.

I mean why create another YOUTUBE ??? why create another WIKIPEDIA ?

90% of anime websites out-there are just WIKIPEDIA copypastaz.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
    Cheat, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  11. dario2

dario2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately full episode streaming anime sites seem to be doing better than others.

dario2, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  12. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    If you do a search for lets say : Angelic Layer

Plot:" The primary protagonist of Angelic Layer is Misaki Suzuhara, a seventh grader who just moved to Tokyo to live with her aunt, Shouko Asami..."

Copy paste it to google and look at all the copy pasting anime website out there: http://www.google.ca/search?client=...oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=wY6-S4bKAoP-8AaD0eH4CA

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1498/screenshot20100408at102.png

Just PURE wikipedia copy pasters.

I mean if i want information of a particular anime, why not just go to wikipedia instead of some incomplete fan-base website.

Cheat, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  13. reven

reven Peon

Best Answers:
    anime niche is one of forever live niche, that's mean people always looking for this nice. so it could be make money for you.

reven, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  14. Lazybuttons

Lazybuttons Active Member

Best Answers:
    An anime site with original content that is actually original while being user friendly and having the ability to grow in content easily can likely get income. Not all anime fans are alike. Having streaming video isn't original and many anime fans frown upon such sites along with copyright issues with copyright holders and your host. There are news and opinion blogs, forums, image based sites, and more. Are you even into anime?
    Wikipedia and Anime News Network are both incomplete.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
    Lazybuttons, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  15. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, a website is never complete.

You will never make money if you copy wikipedia anyways.

Another problem, every anime website you visit, you see over used images of Naruto or whatever has the web site's design... I mean, couldn't they be more creative and create thier own anime mascot instead of putting an image of Naruto as the top banner logo???

Cheat, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  16. EasyAvrove

EasyAvrove Peon

Best Answers:
    how much onemanga.com, mangafox.com, or mangastream.com earn per month??

EasyAvrove, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  17. Gray Fox

Gray Fox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those are VERY low paying niches (at least with AdSense), 200.000 pageviews will generate you 10$ tops. I think it's best to either apply for affiliate with networks like J-List (considering that you have a relevant and interesting site) or provide users with some unique and good content so they would consider donations, or even make a pay site, though I wouldn't recommend it. There are probably better ideas out there.

Gray Fox, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  18. moodey-aimee

moodey-aimee Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello, Maybe you could ask, a Anime company, if you could make them a website instead of making one for Anime. say like Naruto for example. ask them, if they want a new website. that could get you some money.

Btw I am a big anime fan. ^__^ as you seen my fan site, which im making just for the fun of it.

moodey-aimee, Apr 13, 2010 IP