1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Proper Way of Sending Bulk Email

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Blahzay, Apr 15, 2010.

Hello, I have a site in which my members agreed to a monthly newsletter once a month. Its been over a year since I sent them anything but I want to go about it the right way. Ive read and read and read about how to do this but everything always says do this, well wait do this, etc...so I get confused. This is what I have gathered thus far.

I need to purchase a VLS server mainly off shore like Malaysa or something.
    I need to install an email client on the server
    I load my list and start sending

the part that confuses me is I see multiple people taking about "rotate your I.P., send only X amount per hour, use proxies, etc" so Im confused.

Im looking for something simple, direct and gets me close to 100% fill rate

If possible and if you have experience with this, can you link me to servers, client, etc that you currently use. Thanks.

Blahzay, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  2. Andrus

Andrus Active Member

Best Answers:
    not sure but can't you upload your own list to aweber.com?

Andrus, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  3. micheallatour

micheallatour Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^^ Just upload your list to Aweber, like Andrus said above.

micheallatour, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  4. Blahzay

Blahzay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yah, but my list contains over 350,000 emails. Aweber charges an arm and a leg to get this done so I figured if I purchased my own server and did everything myself that I would be able to save some money but still get the same results.

Blahzay, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  5. stephenc

stephenc Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really have 350,000 on a list, it would be worth it to switch to something like aweber.
    Of course they charge, but a list that big should be making a ton of money and would
    certainly need to be protected like aweber could do.

Having your own server would give you more headaches. Like what happens if/when it gets
    reported in the wrong ways for spamming?

Stephen C

stephenc, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  6. micheallatour

micheallatour Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless it's spam email. Either way he would get reported.
    that many emails, you should be doing a least $250k year...and that's if you didn't know what you were doing.

7. Blahzay

Best Answers:
    Again, im new to the bulk email thing and yes, I do have a list with 350,000+ emails. Not saying that all are valid because about a year ago I stopped the option of having my members have to verify an email before they could use our site so with that being said Ill estimate and say AT LEAST 300,000 of them are valid emails. I dont know how you guys are saying I should generate at least 250,000k a year. Thats a whole different ballgame that Im willing to listen too. Basically here's my reasoning for needing to mail out this list.

I recently had one site (where all these emails came from) but last week we started a new site that is 6x better then the one we originally created. Basically all I want to do is email old users who may not have visited the site in several months to come back and check out our new site. I do run ads on my site and if thats how you say we can generate that much is from revenue then cool. If thats not what you meant then please fill me in. Again, all my users agreed to a monthly newsletter but its been about a year since I have ever emailed them ( and that was through my server using my servers SMTP/POP3 info so im sure maybe 1/8 probably reach my users)

If someone is willing to share some knowledge then Im willing to pay for a bit of your time.

My main goal was just to inform old members about our new site..lol

Blahzay, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  8. micheallatour

micheallatour Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, I see. You should be able to get someone here who has the knowledge to walk you through.
    Those figures I threw was just a random figure, but anyhow, contact some of the web hosting companies.
    I would suggest Hostgator (they have excellent customer service)

Hope this helps,
    Micheal

9. staringbug

staringbug Peon

Best Answers:
    you can use aweber, many people use it! including me....

staringbug, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  10. Blahzay

Best Answers:
    Does anyone have any knowledge about sending emails via a VPS server with a email client installed on it like interspire?

Blahzay, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  11. desiattitude

desiattitude Peon

Best Answers:
    Get an static ip and setup a machine as your MX server. install some mail server and have fun

desiattitude, Apr 17, 2010 IP