1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PLR Articles: Garbage Fillers?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by primeonlinemarketing, Apr 17, 2010.

We are currently building a PLR site and we’re just wondering what online business owners think of PLR articles? Are PLR articles nonsense fillers when a website owner can’t find time to write for his audience?

I’ve read that most website owners consider PLR articles garbage. Is this how bad PLR articles are?

We have Constant-Content.com as one of our business models, and yes comparables and what we’re working on is to achieve what the team behind this wonderful business has.

Suggestions? Any feedback? We will be glad to hear about what you think, your first-hand experience, and your advice on how we can make things better.

Thank you in advance.

primeonlinemarketing, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  2. TheLeadersFactory

TheLeadersFactory Peon

Best Answers:
    As in everything in life, there's good, bad and ugly and PLR articles are no exception. I've launched blogs with PLR articles as "place holders" for quick search engine indexing and then gradually remove/update/improve the articles.

TheLeadersFactory, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  3. joannacake

joannacake Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people take PLR articles and then use a spinner to make them unique. Personally, the spinners that I've seen where you just put the content in and let the machine do the work are pretty poor. Anyone got any recommendations for good spinners?

joannacake, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  4. micheallatour

micheallatour Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, re-write them. No program will EVER "re-write" an article perfectly.
    Most of the time the articles make no sense, and you can tell right off the bat that it was made by a bot.

micheallatour, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  5. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bad for site reputation, bad for ranking...
    Basically I don't find any use for those unless you come up with something original

lycos, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  6. primeonlinemarketing

primeonlinemarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, TheLeadersFactory.Is it safe for me to assume that those who buy PLR articles are, well, new website owners or those who are in the process of launching websites?

primeonlinemarketing, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  7. primeonlinemarketing

Best Answers:
    Constant-content.com has this per-usage or use license system, which to me appears as some sort of PLR (hope I got that one right). Will you pay for the some of these articles at Constant-Content under the per-usage basis?

8. primeonlinemarketing

Best Answers:
    You’re shopping for PLR articles. Would you prefer to buy

1. By bulk or individually sold articles
    2. PLR articles at membership sites or those who charge in a per-order basis

What are you looking for in a PLR article site? What factors would make you choose one site over another? We’re hoping that you can help us help online business owners.

Again, thanks. We’d like you to know that you are helping us make a difference.

9. Jumpness

Jumpness Member

Best Answers:
    I would probably buy a couple at a time. Maybe 5. Then I can submit them to the appropriate places 10 per day automatically. By the end of the month I have 1500 backlinks for doing little work. I haven't done this for a month though since I've been trying to save money and do articles on my own.

Jumpness, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  10. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Out of curiosity, why are you building a website and business to sell PLRs but are just now seeking out information about your target market and your products? Maybe you should pause on the site, do more extensive research and then find the areas within PLR that need filling and target those instead. Just a suggestion.

internetauthor, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  11. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    nothing wrong with having PLR articles just be aware that others might use the same so i dont mind to have PLR articles but i make them atleast more than 50% unique or as long as they pass copyscape they should be good to use.

phpwnes, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  12. primeonlinemarketing

Best Answers:
    Hi, Rebecca. We are actually building the website and the business at the same time. We can't afford to wait for the business plan before we start on the website because the truth is we came in the plr business late. We have the basics -- like demographics -- but what we would like to hear is what other online biz owners really think about plr articles.

Seeing numbers is one thing, reading first-hand experiences is another. These are actual feedbacks, buying behaviors that will tell us how potential customers look at what we are offering.

primeonlinemarketing, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  13. primeonlinemarketing

Best Answers:
    5 articles per pack. Thanks, jumpness.

primeonlinemarketing, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  14. april05

april05 Peon

Best Answers:
    I basically make use of PLR articles for article submission. I use easyarticlespinner.net for that because I want no duplicate content. Anyway I really prefer buying individual articles. Then maybe you can make a package for it.

april05, May 14, 2010 IP
  15. PLR Utopia

PLR Utopia Peon

Best Answers:
    The best article spinner I have come across so far is JetSpinner. But I think the only way to make it work well is to rewrite whole sentences 3 or 4 times each and not just change individual words. At least that way you know every sentence is going to make sense.

PLR Utopia, May 15, 2010 IP
  16. regska

regska Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on how you use PLR articles. PLR content for me is just to have a guide, an idea what to write. I make sure to rewrite those PLR contents, add my own words to make more natural to read. People does not want crap content. I have an ebook that I currently sell at $10 coming from a PLR content, I changed the majority of it, including the graphics. i use PLR as a guide only for me to know how to start, and then once I have an idea, i put my own words to it.

regska, May 16, 2010 IP
  17. etali

etali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've noticed that the quality of PLR articles varies massively. Some of them really are junk, others aren't too bad. If you were to screen the articles before putting them up, and keep the content to a decent standard, I think you might do OK.

I don't buy PLR content myself, but I have a few clients that do, and they often end up having to pay to get the articles cleaned up after they buy them, because they're that bad.

etali, May 16, 2010 IP