1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

JUST MESSED UP MY BLOG!!! Need help

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by bigmike667, May 3, 2010.

Okay, I lost my wordpress blog at Cryptofgore.com

I reinstalled it, now I can't even log in. Even if I do it gets redirected to my main website, which is completely different!?? What do I do???
    I have wordpress installed on it again, but can't get access, it brings me to my other website??

bigmike667, May 3, 2010 IP
  2. LiquidWebBenny

LiquidWebBenny Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It looks like your italiatrips redirect is catching the traffic before your new install is. Did you install the new WordPress installation in a subdirectory of italiatrips?

(I'm assuming both sites are yours, since you have them both in your signature).

LiquidWebBenny, May 3, 2010 IP
  3. bigmike667

bigmike667 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, both sites are mine. And I believe it is in the root directory, Italiatrips .com/ cryptofgore something like that. and I think both had very similar databases. Right now, its on a temporary fix, I transfered the old site back. instead of it redirecting. But I do need this solved. I LOST My blog! any advice would be appreciated

4. LiquidWebBenny

LiquidWebBenny Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In Italiatrips.com/ there will be a .htaccess file. To test to see if that is the problem move it to something else, and then test cryptoforge in your browser.

benny$ mv Italiatrips.com/.htaccess Italiatrips.com/.htaccess.back
    Code (markup):
    Moving the file will break italiatrips, so make sure to put it back after you've tested.

benny$ mv Italiatrips.com/.htaccess.back Italiatrips.com/.htaccess
    Code (markup):
    Additionally, if you are a managed customer, you should be able to talk to your provider for help.

5. bigmike667

bigmike667 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Heres one of the problems though as well. Both databases are pretty much the same, dtbase 1 and database 2. Furthermore, they were both installed with the same username, but on different locations, however, its now being transfered to my main site. I can't changed the username for crypt site

I have the old database , but can't access it.
    All I wanted to do was delete the root directory of crypt of gore, and transfer the whole blog over from cryptofgore.com/articles, thats it. Now I have to deal with all this? No blog at all now.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  6. LiquidWebBenny

LiquidWebBenny Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When do you mean? If you mean that's how it was originally configured, then the removal and re-install of wordpress will have negated whatever you were using before.

Where were things before, what did you delete, and what have you done after that. Be as detailed as possible.

7. bigmike667

bigmike667 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Problem solved. Hostgator technical support worked it out for me.

Thanks anyway.

bigmike667, May 4, 2010 IP
  8. LiquidWebBenny

LiquidWebBenny Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear it!

LiquidWebBenny, May 4, 2010 IP