1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What business is "booming?"

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ~Delta~, Apr 29, 2010.

Or not nessecarily booming, but a project I can undertake. I have a website up at the moment, well not up, I have it payed for and I'm waiting for something to use it for as my first plan fell through. Any suggestions on what to use it for? I'm pretty sure I can change the domain, at the moment the name is; Elite-HQ.

Any suggestions?

Also, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

~Delta~, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  2. kipashardisk

kipashardisk Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm sorry dude, i need some advice for my first website also...
    lets wait for the masters to give their oppinions

kipashardisk, May 8, 2010 IP
  3. Brett Sinclair

Brett Sinclair Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends what type of products you are selling. Are you wanting to sell physical products, services, affliate products, subscription website, etc? Can you be more specific about your direction.

Brett Sinclair, May 8, 2010 IP
  4. kakaboeie

kakaboeie Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think he wants to sell anything.. he just needs a good idea to start a website but no one will just give away a great, unique idea. I wish I had some >.> My mind doesn't come up with much, lol.

kakaboeie, May 8, 2010 IP
  5. GetALink

GetALink Guest

Best Answers:
    Pharmaceutical and technology related websites would do well IMO.

GetALink, May 8, 2010 IP
  6. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to think of something unique and useful at the same time, as long as you market an idea properly you should be successful!

Jon1771, May 8, 2010 IP
  7. ceaseer

ceaseer Peon

Best Answers:
    Start with a blog and grow from there. Pick a category you are knowledgeable about. Sports? Fishing? Computer repair? Engine repair? Start writing How-to and informational posts on the picked topic. Throw in some affiliate links and cpc/cpm ads.

ceaseer, May 8, 2010 IP
  8. madesukma

madesukma Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are what you are diligent and marketed quality I am sure you will succeed.

madesukma, May 9, 2010 IP
  9. justinYRS

justinYRS Peon

Best Answers:
    Jesus....you guys make it SOOOOO difficult to start and earn money, and by that I mean you are making it hard on yourselfs. Seriously it is this easy.. You have no idea how to start? Well here you go, paypal me later for this advice...

Say you wanna do Mario Party, go get hosting and a domain ($8 a year for the domain, and .99cents-$5 a month for hosting..an investment worth making). The install wordpress, pick a free theme and change some images and make it look a little more unique and customized to make it look like you actually tired. Make about 5 posts about the game, stragies, wall papers, reviews, youtube videos all in various posts. Then, promote...for free. Use twitter, youtube, facebook, nintendo forums... Get approved from adsense and trust me in 2-3 months you will at least see $.50cents a day even if you know NOTHING about internet marketing/adsense placement etc..

Seriously guys...no one is going to tell you THERE STEP BY STEP method, get out there and make some sites, read some shit and DO SOMETHING.

justinYRS, May 9, 2010 IP
  10. Tien

Tien Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think tech websites are doing good at the moment

Tien, May 9, 2010 IP
  11. justinYRS

justinYRS Peon

Best Answers:
    Always have a high EPC as well.

justinYRS, May 9, 2010 IP
  12. Brett Sinclair

Brett Sinclair Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Buddy....The OP didn't ask for a re-hash of Gsniper (or Micro Niche Finder or Commission Blueprint or 100 other similar products). He just wants to know 'what business is booming'. However, we still don't know where he want to go with this (sales, forum, subscription website?)....

Last edited: May 9, 2010
    Brett Sinclair, May 9, 2010 IP
  13. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    It does not need to be a booming business. The best performing stocks in the stock market one year, have everybody jump aboard, and the performance drops to miserable. I am at the end of a successful career, however when I did the complete opposite of others, it often was successful. You still have to develop your plan first , with a "blueprint outline" of methods of strategy, figure out your budget and then multiply that by three. If you find yourself on a sinking ship, jump off and keep swimming. A little bit more time on learning your market first is needed. You might need one website, you might need the combined power of ten. If and when you are confident, get moving. Once you are in the water, then see if someone can throw a lifesaver.

dyadvisor, May 9, 2010 IP
  14. yyz9

yyz9 Peon

Best Answers:
    social networking is the buzz right now..

yyz9, May 15, 2010 IP
  15. MaxiBoxi

MaxiBoxi Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good answer. He is totally right on the money.)

MaxiBoxi, May 17, 2010 IP
  16. bornslippy

bornslippy Member

Best Answers:
    I second this. Is hard to promote stuff you know nothing about.

bornslippy, May 17, 2010 IP
  17. prodigynius

prodigynius Peon

Best Answers:
    two options....

1. Pick something you have a passion for already as a labor of love will be sustainable for longer periods of time.
    2. do some research, find out whats GOING to be popular soon as opposed to what is popular now. Finding what is popular now only means you get to enter the race in close to last place with no experience. By starting a trend or jumping into a soon to be popular trend early, you secure great placement in said market. I know a buddy who checks out music sites to see who it appears will be the "next big thing". Then he makes fan pages for them. in a few months when they blow up, his site ranks highest in Searches for that artist's name and he brings in big bucks from CPM and CPC.

prodigynius, May 17, 2010 IP
  18. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Based on my experience,consultancy is now the booming sector.
    My financial consulting firm is getting lot of client each day,and now must have introducer only can accepted by my company.

mentos, May 18, 2010 IP
  19. candid

candid Peon

Best Answers:
    Pick up a category you are interested in and have knowledge about . Also check out its profitability and then go ahead with it.

candid, May 18, 2010 IP
  20. JHybrid

JHybrid Peon

Best Answers:
    Candid is right. You must pick something that you are interested in and have a lot of knowledge about.

JHybrid, May 19, 2010 IP