1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trademarked name but someone has already registered the domain...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Nate Dawg, May 11, 2010.

Is there any legal way to get around it? I'm from Australia... they have registered the trademarked name .com.au.... Although the trademark registration was approved AFTER someone registered the domain name...

Although I reading that a domain name is not actually your property but is leased from the registry...

So I was thinking of just going straight to the registry, the site .com.au is just parked... What do you think my chances are of getting the domain name?

Nate Dawg, May 11, 2010 IP
  2. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's very low if it was registered BEFORE you trademarked. Otherwise people could use that as a way to get good domain names, just trademark and then claim the domain. If they registered before you, it's theirs and you have to get yourself another or try to buy it from who ever owns it. If they just are parking it, they most likely would take a couple of hundreds or even a thousand even for the name and be happy wth that, which probably will be more than they make from parking it.

Adraco, May 11, 2010 IP
  3. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You could try waiting till the name expires and becomes available for registration, if the domain name is not particularly attractive or valuable. Otherwise you can contact the owner and buy it.

lightless, May 11, 2010 IP
  4. nab

nab Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you please explain the method to do this?

Won't the person have auto renew enabled?

nab, May 13, 2010 IP