1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for some feedback regarding an idea of mines...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by soneat, May 21, 2010.

Hey there everybody,

so I'm basically looking for some feedback from you guys, figured this would be the best section to post this in. Anyhow, so I have a lot of experience with auto-blogging and have built, sold, developed over 300 auto-blogs so far. Some I keep to myself, some I develop for friends and clients, some I sell on flippa.

Basically, I can make them appear as genuine auto-blogs. Google doesn't suspect a thing. They rank quite well and get around 100 uniques a day without any off-page SEO work. Fortunately enough, I have developed a way to automate link building right out of WP and make it appear organic (starts out slow, gains more and more links after some time, links come from different sources). I've also found a way to connect those blogs to twitter accounts and automatically build a targeted followers list. Now, this all took some time, but I have basically managed to automate almost everything.

Now I was wondering, if I were to start a service, build up a website and sell those auto-blogs as pre-packaged solutions, say $60 a pop, would that be a feasible business plan? I mean, would that kinda thing be popular at all?

The package would come with 1 uniquely designed auto-blog (logo and all that stuff included), with a preconfigured posting schedule (defined article sources, rss, video, yahoo questions, amazon, clickbank, etc.), on-page SEO and automated off-page SEO.

Then I would code something like a "package constructor" and one could simply select additional modules and options for an autoblog (twitter account, automatic SM posting, facebook fanpage), which would affect the end price.

Does this sound like a good idea to you guys and would anybody be interested at all?

Cheers

soneat, May 21, 2010 IP
  2. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's worth a shot, you could end up making more sales with a web site about your auto-blog sales. I'd recommend doing it, you will be more professional with this too

MarTh-, May 21, 2010 IP
  3. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey mate, thanks for the input! The auto-blogs I'm selling through my signature (I guess these are the ones you are referring to) are already established auto-blogs, so I won't be selling those (although, on the other hand, it's not such a bad thought to mix it up a bit).

Theoretically speaking, would $50-$60 per basic package be a reasonable price? My turnaround time for those pre-packaged blogs is around 1-3 days.
    Cheers

soneat, May 21, 2010 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes its got market for it.
    But your price is a barrier.
    You need to put lower price to attract more buyer.

mentos, May 22, 2010 IP
  5. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks for your input as well!
    The price is too high huh? Why do you think so? Care to elaborate on this?
    I figured this would be the right price, for a unique design, logo and favicon included + on-site SEO work and automatic off-site SEO work. I don't think you would be able to find a similar package for a lower price.
    Cheers

soneat, May 22, 2010 IP
  6. gowaga68

gowaga68 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello soneat,
    thats a great work done there even though i dont know much of it but sounds good ,base on the price issue $50-$60 may be high for newbie like me and may not be that high for guru's like you so put that into concideration some new be may want it and with low cost u will attract buyers and u then keep jackin the price time to time.
    when u come to a good price i'll be intrested too.

gowaga68, May 22, 2010 IP
  7. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey gowaga,
    thanks for your reply.
    First of all, I'm by no means a guru, nor am I claiming to be one either.
    From your point of view, what would be a reasonable price?
    Consider this, those pre-packaged blogs come with wp-robot (this alone costs more than I'm asking for), off-site SEO (links come from 4-5 different sources and you don't have to do a thing) and on-site SEO. Apart from that, the blogs are configured to appear as genuine blogs, which took me quite some time to figure out.

Let me actually rephrase the question. What features would you like to see in the basic blog package to make it worthwhile your investment? Or again, what would be a reasonable price for a blog with said features?

Cheers and thanks for your input

soneat, May 22, 2010 IP
  8. gowaga68

gowaga68 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hmm,
    like i said early am a newbie on this kind of online biz, but base on the price issue i was only using the strategy of low rate as a starting point to get buyers from there u increase u price gradually.
    to my a fair price for now should be 30-40 for a start then u add more and more as time goes by.as of the features to make is worthwhile is Traffic and Monetizing is the only think i care.

gowaga68, May 22, 2010 IP
  9. gangsta1

gangsta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah that sounds like a great idea - you could also offer extra add ons (upsale) the service, like more blogs in the future. good luck..

gangsta1, May 22, 2010 IP
  10. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright,
    thanks for all your input guys!

Cool, then I'll consider dropping the price, initially. I'm thinking about starting it out with something like $45. Maybe have a little "opening-discount" sale going on. Offer discounts for buyers wanting to buy in mass. That kinda thing...
    Traffic will be covered, as I said. From my experience, blogs optimized for keywords that return less than 60k results on Google, usually jump to the first page after about a month of being indexed. You can always do some more off-site SEO work yourself. Build backlinks and all that kinda stuff. After all, the more work you put into them the more successful they will get. But, as I said before, my blogs tend to do quite great right out of the box (if you choose a less than heavy competitive niche).

Regarding monetization, that too will be covered. You can combine Amazon products, ads, cpa offers and click bank offers. This all is automated. I will probably provide cpalead.com optimized blogs too but they will be different to the standard package auto-blogs.

Cheers mate!
    Yeah I thought about this too. Maybe have a membership option present? A monthly flat fee guaranteeing you a certain number of auto-blogs per month? How does that sound?

Thanks for the great discussion guys, keep the ideas coming!
    Cheers

soneat, May 22, 2010 IP
  11. taat.pringist

taat.pringist Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps the pricing is not the first issue. A more important question is to convince people that your site and services are reliable.

taat.pringist, May 23, 2010 IP
  12. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey taat,
    yeah, I wasn't too concerned with the price structure to be honest. I would probably target mass buyers anyhow... Regarding reliability, I will probably have some kind of portfolio section in place, just to show people my existing auto-blogs, their designs, functionality and rankings. What do you think? Does this sound like a good idea?
    Cheers

soneat, May 23, 2010 IP
  13. mrockz619

mrockz619 Peon

Best Answers:
    I Think its a good Idea and you should try it once..Give the customers some good freebies or attract them by starting with a lower price(as u mentioned above) and then after acquiring some some feedback nad reputation you can casually Increase the price ..This could be a good Business for you..

mrockz619, May 23, 2010 IP
  14. autotecj123

autotecj123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in the process of making my own reseller site. I will follow this trend and update.

autotecj123, May 23, 2010 IP
  15. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, again thanks for the great discussion! I'm in the process of getting my own dedicated server right now, will let you all know as soon as the site goes live. DP members will get some great discounts of course!

Hey mate thanks for the feedback. I'm personally not willing to take the freebie route, the service as it stands right now is VERY cheap considering all the stuff you will be getting. I mean good, unique WP design is already worth a lot more than $50-$60. I'll make it my priority to design each blog so that it can stand on its own. Throw in all the twists and spins you will be able to request and you have got yourself a quality product that does not require a cheap PLR guide to attract new buyers (at least thats what my thinking is right now...)

Anyhow, the price, as mentioned before, will be lowered and than gradually raised to a comfortable level.
    What do you think about a membership based subscription option? Say, 10-15 auto-blogs a month for $300 (hyper-theoretical numbers obv).

Reseller site? Will you be offering the same service? I'm pretty interested! Have you got some experience in building auto blogs (or any other related experience)? PM me if you can, we could exchange some ideas!

soneat, May 23, 2010 IP
  16. stevebay22

stevebay22 Guest

Best Answers:
    I think this would be a great idea. As a consumer, I would love to see a list of sites for ~$50 with expect monthly income. Then maybe another at $100 and so on. Futhermore, if you had documentation and help on how to improve the consumers site I would purchase there everytime.

stevebay22, May 23, 2010 IP
  17. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey mate, thanks for the reply! You just gave me a great idea! Include expected income statistics. Cool, I'll be implementing that.
    In terms of documentation, I'll probably have some kind of ongoing, 24/7 support solution installed. So no worries!

soneat, May 23, 2010 IP
  18. Joe128139

Joe128139 Peon

Best Answers:
    People looking to get into the IM world just LOVE to hear that something is automated for them, and if your product can really deliver that than you should go for it. Another idea that could probably make you a killing would be to teach others how to do what you do. I would not do this however if you want to keep using it as a main source of income. Don't introduce the competition if you aren't about to move onto something else.

Joe128139, May 23, 2010 IP
  19. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers for the reply mate!
    Well, let me just preface this by saying that this is of course no magic solution. You will still have to put some work into it (mainly link building) to make it a real success. Of course, with auto-blogs, its all about quantity. Some creativity will also go a long way. Basically I will just provide a potential client with an out-of-the-box solution, which he can then adjust to his liking without worrying about the "Google slap", a perfect auto-blogging setup or all the other issues that might come up when setting up an auto-blog.

Coaching is a good idea! I might consider doing just that in a couple of years, once, as you said, I move on and find another money making channel. As of right now, this would be a pretty stupid thing to do, since these blogs are my main source of income (and I haven't even started selling them).

Again, thanks for your input!

soneat, May 24, 2010 IP
  20. gowaga68

gowaga68 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it would be a good piece of work, i'll need it.

gowaga68, May 24, 2010 IP