1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Failing is not a bad thing...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ab420, May 27, 2010.

Remember:

Fail, Fast, Forward.

Something I have to constantly remind myself, is that failure is not necessarily a bad thing. The key is knowing how and when to fail.

If a new venture is not going as planned, you have to reassess the situation and see if it's feasible to continue, and what changes need to be made to get to your goal.

However, it's not always feasible to continue, and sometimes you need to cut your losses and walk away.

The key is to figure out as soon as possible if something isn't going to work, and stop investing time and money into it and move on to the next project.

That's it... fail, fast, forward. If you're going to fail, do it quickly, then move on.

But... DO NOT be discouraged! Business is not always easy, and most fail - ever heard the old expression, "Don't keep all your eggs in one basket?"

This is true as ever in business... if 9 out of 10 online businesses fail... start 10!

What's the meaning of all of this?

DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED BY A LITTLE FAILURE!

We are all going to have ventures and projects that do not go as planned, some will keep moving ahead with the original plan, and will never get anywhere. Others will adapt or move on, and stand a much better chance of finding true success.

ab420, May 27, 2010 IP
  2. fletd09

fletd09 Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally believe that you only start to really succeeding once you fail enough. This is extremely true when it come to Internet Marketing. Tracking what you do and constantly keep improving will help and you will succeed. The sad thing is a lot of people quit just as they are about to see results.

fletd09, May 27, 2010 IP
  3. jdhflip

jdhflip Peon

Best Answers:
    I always think of Tom Edison when he said, I didn't fail at making a light bulb, I just found 1500 ways not to build a light bulb!

jdhflip, May 28, 2010 IP
  4. ab420

ab420 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that is an EXCELLENT quote, I hadn't heard that before!

ab420, May 28, 2010 IP
  5. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah but few people are able to embrace this fact and this is the reason why everybody is not a millionaire or billionaire.

teckinik, May 28, 2010 IP
  6. Superstring

Superstring Peon

Best Answers:
    "If you're going to fail, do it quickly, then move on."
    I have never thought about it that way... but it makes so much sense. If failure is practically inevitable, why waste away your time trying to save the effort? This is definitely something everyone should take to heart.

Superstring, May 28, 2010 IP
  7. Duncan101

Duncan101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Failure is the key to becoming successful. In life we learn from failure, you must find out what was the elements to your failure, and not repeat those elements. Assess what you do from the time you started to the finish. Journal what you do every day of a project. Write down each step you took. Each peace explaining what you have learned. Any changes you have made in your project and why.

Once you discover where you made your mistake you can correct it....

Duncan101, May 28, 2010 IP
  8. Joe128139

Joe128139 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post and I really wish that newer marketers and people in general would listen to this. I mean, think about it. In life how many times do you get something right the first time? Almost never. But you learn from the failure, analyze, and correct. This mindset didn't suddenly go away because you have stepped into IM. If anything, it is more relevant than the real world.

Joe128139, May 28, 2010 IP
  9. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I really don't want to know WHEN or HOW I'm going to fail... in fact it's impossible to predict such things.

What I do know is how to succeed :)

It's always better to stick to priorities, think positive and never get discouraged.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, May 28, 2010 IP
  10. steelhead

steelhead Peon

Best Answers:
    The only trouble with "Experience" is that many times you end up learning stuff you didn't necessarily want to know.
    -Steve

steelhead, May 29, 2010 IP
  11. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fail hundred times and keep going, fail 1000 times and keep going...WHEN you make it nobody can stop you. Never give up.

pandorasbox, May 29, 2010 IP
  12. WebSeolink

WebSeolink Peon

Best Answers:
    Every time I got fail in achieving my task I learn from it and never mistake it again. This gives me a good and hard character for my perception and then I will get madly involved in it to accomplish my task.

WebSeolink, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  13. boyblogger

boyblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    Failure in carrying-out your task even its is well-planned will put you in a more stronger foot. Many of us failed simply because of external factors such as economic condition , political changes and climate condition. Bosses always says Do it right the first time.... but there is always room for improvement.

You plan, you take action, you fail, and you reasses of what you are doing. You will succeed...

boyblogger, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  14. tsppack

tsppack Member

Best Answers:
    Yes well - lots of points of view and I think most of them are valid.
    Sometimes failures make you stronger-pushups is an example, if you keep trying and failing at pushups eventually you will succeed. - not such a good approach with parachuting though :)

tsppack, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  15. Curtisswn

Curtisswn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't put all your hopes into one site, niche, or scheme; because if it fails you're going to be decimated. It's best if you take the approach of daily posting something, putting something up, and getting your feedback from monitoring your results. It's a less intense strategy, more for the long term.

Curtisswn, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  16. MikeShanghai

MikeShanghai Peon

Best Answers:
    Failing is ok, it's failing to learn from your failures that is a true failure :). If that makes any sense.

I agree, in the business world you need to test multiple ideas and strategies. Learn what works and what doesn't. Think of this as school. There will be a bit of an investment (from failures), but it will be worthwhile in the end.

MikeShanghai, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  17. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    You only learn by making mistakes, but they can be very costly.

joshvelco, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  18. Maylin

Maylin Peon

Best Answers:
    Just as long as you're willing to try in the first place. If you never make an attempt, then you fail by default.

Maylin, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  19. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    you will miss 100% of the shots you don't take!

Le Dangles, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  20. michael12

michael12 Peon

Best Answers:
    failure is just a one step to be successful

michael12, Jun 6, 2010 IP