1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Planning to start a local adnetwork, Only Ideas Needed

Discussion in 'General Business' started by davidmethew, Jun 5, 2010.

Hellow,

I am planning to start and adnetwork like adengage.com in Indonesia,
    Serious parteners, team members are required.
    There is no Local AdNetwork in Indonesia before. What do you advice.
    I am investing $1500 in that, would it be worthful?
    Please share you experiences with local adnetwork projects.
    Thanks,

davidmethew, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  2. anowar35

anowar35 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also interested :)

anowar35, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    USD1500 is not enough.
    Think about you need to setup website.
    Billing system.
    Tracking system to avoid self clicking.

mentos, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  4. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think with your budget you'de be better off making a niche information website for your area, like hotels or something, then asking local businesses (hotels in this case) if they would like a page on your website for 50-$100 a year. Of course you could do other types of business too, like a site for Builders, Plumbers and Carpernters etc. I think you'll make a lot more money that way than trying to make some kind of ad network with your budget.

Astroman, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  5. imperialDirectory

imperialDirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    I got a great and cheap solution for you. There's an open source system that is used by many called "OpenX" (Try Googling it, I don't have enough posts to put a link on DigitalPoint.com forum yet :)). You can choose either to get the script and host it on your own server. Or you can get their hosting plan. The script itself is Free. And it got lots of options available for you to run a site like "Google Adwords".

imperialDirectory, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  6. netmalls

netmalls Guest

Best Answers:
    There are many things to consider when trying to operate an ad network. One of the most important is click fraud protection.
    Unless there is click fraud protection, the service will become over priced and develop a bad reputation.

If I am spending money on an ad network and none - or very few click resulted in sales or sign ups of what ever action that I was looking for, there would be no way I would continue doing business with a company that produced poor results.

Others have made suggestions of what areas you can invest your time and money into.

What ever you choose to do, make sure you have a complete plan and have done your research (postings like you have here) and that will help you avoid some pitfalls.

netmalls, Jun 7, 2010 IP