1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Link Building Services Underpaid?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by freelancing10, Jun 5, 2010.

Does those who get under paid only get under paid because their services are lower quality?

Can you provide high quality back linking services and get paid about $10 an hour?

freelancing10, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  2. CIKMarketing

CIKMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    In a previous life, I worked as a link builder for $10 an hour, plus a $5 bonus per link. Those were the days before social bookmarking, forum posting, and blog commenting links became a "normal" way of link building.

CIKMarketing, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How do you define quality backlink?PR 5 and above?
    Nowday people is not based on per hour basic.
    People more willing to pay for per link basic.

mentos, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  4. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do a lot of link building work now, and I find it is relatively well paid if you deliver quality to your customers! I would say it is possible to get paid $10 per hour and provide high PR backlinks

Jon1771, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are too many "link builder" available now, and you can still get more than $10 per hour if you can do better than others
    Sad to say the most of the "link builder" are not giving a quality link

lifeplayer, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  6. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    No. Consumers are only willing to pay a certain amount, so prices can only go so high.

joshvelco, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  7. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't think there are hourly rates for link builders, unless you work for someone else or a corporation. Then they would pay you hourly, or put you on a salary.

Me, for example, i provide a service, a complete backlink building service and get paid for the service - whether it be $30, $400 or $800 - all depends on the customers budget and how big of a package they are looking for.

Lots of the time, I let the client decide how much they want to pay me. I do give them a starting point to work with and they usually meet me within that price range. Those that know about what quality and credible backlink building consists of will pay you and pay you very good. Those that don't know, want it really cheap, or free. Sometimes I offer my service free, as a way of giving back and showing you that my services work and that I'm here to help.

But, any time, most of the time, but not all of the time - if you buy cheap services, you are going to get CHEAP RESULTS.

By the way, I build backlinks by way of Article Marketing - just incase you were wondering.

GuruCreation, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  8. jacquem

jacquem Guest

Best Answers:
    Excellent reply GuruCreation. I too wonder about these kind of services, your reply really made sense.

jacquem, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  9. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Thanks Jacquem!

I know I probably made it sound very easy when it comes to Article Marketing to build backlinks, but in all reality, you just can't slap any old article together, submit it to any old directory and expect to get any type of results. You are most likely going to get that backlink, but there is far more you can get with Article Marketing than just a backlink.

Anyway, no hourly link builder here.... Sorry, don't do it.

GuruCreation, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  10. mr2monster

mr2monster Peon

Best Answers:
    In answer to the original question of are they underpaid?

No. If they're willing to accept the work, then they're paid what they deserve.

I know it sounds kind of harsh, but the market determines the value.

On the other hand, if I were making an income by providing a backlinking service. I'd make sure that I was providing a QUALITY service (i.e. NOT spamming a bunch of comment boxes on non-relevant sites) and I'd look for clients that VALUED what I had to offer and were willing to pay for it. If there weren't any out there that were willing to pay for it, then I'd find a service that others DID value enough to pay for.

mr2monster, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  11. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Very Nice! QUALITY by all means...

Authority and Credible as well.

GuruCreation, Jun 8, 2010 IP