1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good ideas how to get them out on the market?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Embee, Jun 8, 2010.

Hi everybody!

I have a good idea of a new invention, how can i get it out to the market with little investment
    like find a partner company?

I have tried already InventHelp but they are asking for a lot of money something I can't afford.
    Thanks.

Embee, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  2. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on your product. If it is something digital or easy like an eBook (Which I am guessing it is not) then you can use an affiliate program. If it is actually a physical item you still may be able to use an affiliate program but you still need money to actually make the product you are going to be selling. If that is the case then you definitely need start up cash either from a bank or some sort of investment company. If you do not have the cash to start out with expect to give up a lot of your profit to the people who fund you.

QuackWare, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  3. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    You can search for business partners who will invest your company. Just google "angel investors" or something like that and you should be able to find a local company who are interested in investing in new start-up companies. It's a long process to get a company to invest in your product and you need a solid business plan with real numbers and forecasts. I'm not sure but there is probably on-line companies who are are angle investors as well.

Le Dangles, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  4. Embee

Embee Member

Best Answers:
    But I don't plan to open A company, I am just looking for A company that will take over my idea and pay me a commission.

Embee, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  5. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats not how it works. Le Dangles gave you pretty much your only option, which is really difficult. Angel investors don't have to give you money. You must provide one hell of a solid business plan (even if you're not making a business, selling a product IS a business). To be really honest with you, unless you personally know someone that knows someone that is an Angel investor, they are really hard to find. They usually work together and have business contacts that they only give their money to.

If your idea isn't a huge manufacturing cost item, then get a business loan to get a product made.

mezner, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  6. pankajgirotra

pankajgirotra Peon

Best Answers:
    try kiva.org

But still if no one has believe on your idea you'll have a tough time getting money or other support

pankajgirotra, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  7. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    What you can do is send yourself a notarized letter writing about your invention. Don't open it but then if you ever have to go to court you'll have a letter which shows that the invention in fact is yours.

hornetss, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  8. Embee

Embee Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all responses.

What I ask is, if there is A company that does the job of InventHelp.com for free and they profit from the results like example MEDLmobile.com that uses ideas of people to make iphone apps and gives them 25% of the profit.

Embee, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  9. walkingstick

walkingstick Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd be extremely careful and cautious of ANY company stating they'll take your idea, create it, sell it, and give you a reasonable profit. Most of the profit tends to go in their pocket, and you might see a small percentage since they put up all the front end cash to create/market the item. It's kind of like playing the stock market - if you have cash, you can invest it in your idea and hope for a good return - otherwise, you'll need to find someone else with the cash - they invest, and they reap most of the benefits.
    Look around - talk to local business owners and think about someone that you trust that you could share your idea with and ask about logical next steps. If you can make a few yourself you can test it locally - if there seems to be interest, then you can move forward with it. Other opinions can be valuable.

walkingstick, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  10. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    after a quick google search of inventhelp, it seems like there is a LOT of negative comments towards them. too many for me to even consider using them.

mezner, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  11. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually it very risky for that.
    They don't have 100% confident that your idea will make money.
    So,your best bet is borrow some money from bank to market your idea.

mentos, Jun 10, 2010 IP