1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get Forum Popular Without Buying Posts

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by QuackWare, Jun 9, 2010.

Does anyone know of any good ways to get more posters in a forum without actually buying posts? I get a good amount of traffic to my forums through various means but I cannot get people to actually join and post. I make sure to post interesting articles/posts when I get a chance.

Anyone have any tips?

QuackWare, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  2. xintern

xintern Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried the Eban Pegan method? The Freeline...

Try giving something away. Write a free report for your Forum topic. ..or go to one of the PLR sites and find a ebook and give that away.

The whole idea here is to give them a taste of what they want.

They will reward you with there sign up.

Hope that helps!

-Ken

xintern, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  3. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    Writing an article that gives personal advice on something, making a list (5 ways to make your Tweets more interesting), creating an interesting poll. The more interactive the subject, the better.

Brice1088, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  4. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips, I have software that I distribute for free on my main website and that along with tutorials is my main traffic driver. I just don't know how to integrate that with my forum. Any ideas?

QuackWare, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  5. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    So I started a referral contest and I am giving out cash and software so hopefully that will get some people to join and recommend their friends. I am going to try to keep posting each day to make sure there is always fresh posts.

QuackWare, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  6. tulsatech

tulsatech Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you promoted your forum on Facebook, Twitter, LinkdIn, etc? What is the overall "theme" of your forum? What's it about?

tulsatech, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  7. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    It's a technology, programming, and webmaster forum and it also doubles as a support forum for my software. I promote it via my YouTube tutorials and also a little bit of twitter. Hopefully this referral contest I am running and the promise of cash rewards for referrals will bring more people in.

8. Blogfiliate

Blogfiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I visited your forum and the first thing that went through my mind is... "What's this forum about?" Your site completely lacks any clue as to what it is all about.

I started a new forum less than a week ago and I can hardly keep up with the number of posts. Only 45 or so members in the first week, but they are full of questions.

What did I do to get things going? I put up content. I blog every single day. I have more content coming. I greet every new member. I give people tips to think about and comment on.

You are the forum leader. Start threads yourself. In time other forum leaders will emerge.

Take it for what it's worth. I have had several successful forums. My last one had seven moderators to keep up with all of the members. They don't grow themselves. You have to be the point person.

Blogfiliate, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  9. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    I feel like the general theme of the forum is pretty self explanitory. I am working on trying to create several posts per day and stimulate discussion.

10. Blogfiliate

Blogfiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You asked for input... sorry I wasted your time with a straight response.

Blogfiliate, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  11. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    I hope I did not sound condescending in my previous post. I did take your advice to heart and modified my forum a bit to make it a little less confusing and am continuing to add more content. Thanks for the help.

QuackWare, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  12. Blogfiliate

Blogfiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It wasn't condescending. You asked for input and advice and I took the time to visit your site and reply. I am a successful community builder. Most communities fail or languish (I know... I've had two failures). I know what it takes to do it right. My last community brought in 7 figures in advertising income over a 9 year period and I sold it for a very nice 6 figure check. I guarantee my new forum will do the same. It's a business formula, not magic.

Blogfiliate, Jun 11, 2010 IP