1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you had success with Digg? I have.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Tarkan, Jun 25, 2010.

I was just wondering how some of you feel about Digg. Digg and Reddit alike have very similar tech-oriented audiences, but also like comedy, gaming, industry news, politics, and sports-- so it's likely that you're not meant to use Digg.

I've had plenty of success using digg to promote certain cool sites that fits the digg audience and provides them with high quality content. Not sites that I own or anything, just sites that I thought were interesting.

I've also had friends tell me site statistics based on front-page etc. Getting anywhere from 15,000 unique visitors in one day, to 100,000+ unique visitors. It all depends on how exciting the content is.

Have you had success? What did you write about? Here's your chance to brag without judgment.

Tarkan, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  2. soulravager

soulravager Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well my biggest success from just submiting a story without inflating the votes was like 450 visitors or something like that still pretty good in my opinion for something that took 5 minutes of my time ;)

soulravager, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  3. DannyBly

DannyBly Peon

Best Answers:
    my sites seem to do much better on stumbleupon than digg - look forward to the rollout of the new digg described in the mashable story earlier today...

DannyBly, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  4. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had a good experince with digg. It made 1,000 visitors for me per month. Totally i like social bookmarking websites specially dofollow ones , because they do two works for me:
    1) They make traffic for my site
    2) They can make valuable backlinks for my site

haveseo, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  5. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the new Digg is going to suck big time. It's a mesh between Facebook and Twitter. The layout will look like facebook/twitter mix, and that's just downgrading. The ID Team had a discussion about how it will be.

When you submit something, it will be sent to your "followers", supposedly, more people will see it as a result. I think it will simply be more clutter everywhere and less traffic for everyone. As a result, more spam will make it to the front page, simply because people have established some massive twitter/facebook-like network. And it appears as if they remove the bury button.

It's like as if Digg wants to invite all spammers. I just don't think it will succeed.

Tarkan, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  6. harneet

harneet Peon

Best Answers:
    i have got decent traffic form reddit for my sites.. but it's very rare... most of the time they just remove my submission... don't know the logic for that.

harneet, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  7. Dhaval1983

Dhaval1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have mixed experience from digg. Though I regularly submit at digg but not getting expected traffic out of it. Also they are pretty strict accepting new story and if you submit more than 5 at a time, they ban you.

Dhaval1983, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  8. ledb2b

ledb2b Guest

Best Answers:
    I have not had success with Digg. I submit at digg but not get traffic from it. what should I do?

ledb2b, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  9. FlightCenter

FlightCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Digg is blasts of traffic, but if you constantly spread the risk and bookmark all your content across multiple sites you'll have a much more steady flow of traffic. That being said, did you buy Diggs to get the ball rolling on your content or was it something truly viral?

FlightCenter, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  10. amk

amk Peon

Best Answers:
    I have success with all of social bookmarking sites. Because all of them make a good number of targeted visitor for me.

amk, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  11. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to design your content to be extremely valuable, people won't look at your content if it doesn't offer them new information that will blow them away. Otherwise you're just another parrot in the internet. Especially news sites, or even gossip sites, that break new news to people, valuable information that no one else heard yet, that puts them on the map. Of course it's difficult.

But this is the same for most popular sites. They introduced something new, original, and valuable.

Example, drudgereport is a famous website, its layout is horrible, it's content, not so great. But they were the first to report on the Monika Lewinsky Scandal during Bill Clinton's term, and that put them on the map, now they make hundreds of thousands of dollars probably on ads per month.

Or take for example, a popular technology website, and you will see that valuable new information, with value is introduced. Inferno Dev, site in my sig, also introduces new original tech information, and as a result, it is rewarded (of course that site is much too young and new).

Tarkan, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  12. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had some success with Digg but as soon as Twitter and Facebook came up on top of the social network, I don't see digg as a good option now.

Mystique, Jun 29, 2010 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  13. georgescifo

georgescifo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also had success with Digg, but not for my own articles or blog. Whenever I submit anything interesting or compelling content, image, video etc, it have got promoted to the front page and the images and videos on the front page get more page views than articles or blogposts. Digg community also love breaking news and gets easily promoted..

georgescifo, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  14. gladiator99

gladiator99 Member

Best Answers:
    Neer had any success with twitter and Digg but Facebook did provided some help to boost up traffic for my site...
    Is there any special thing that I need to do to get traffic from Digg and twitter???

gladiator99, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  15. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Still not consider as success but receive some traffic from them

lifeplayer, Jul 3, 2010 IP
    Tarkan likes this.
  16. SupplementResearch

SupplementResearch Member

Best Answers:
    I used to have success with Digg, but that was in 2008. Digg's changed how it works since then. The old trick was to find stories on sites that were likely to be made popular--not your own.

If you could be the first to Digg a story on a site that was likely to be made popular, you could buff your digg stats so that you would have made some stories popular. Then you could easily attract mutual friends and send them your diggs.

I haven't used Digg lately though.

SupplementResearch, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  17. samdarwin

samdarwin Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never ever tried using digg to help me get traffic. After hearing about this, I certainely feel there is some potential to try my hand. Will update after I try. Thanks for notification.

samdarwin, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  18. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    I was getting great traffic to a movie streaming site, but alas they banned my account (by IP)...so I'm not able to even register another account from this computer. The traffic was actually converting on banner and text ads.
    But what really hurt the most was losing the SE traffic that it brought. A full ban gets all of your submissions removed. That hurt in a major way.

Claymation, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  19. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never had success with DIGG :( i only got 2 visitors a month approx. I guess it depends on your blog's niche.

KimiGermany, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  20. crazyblogger

crazyblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    No success with digg for me. Nearly no visit for me...... :(
    I think digg is dominated my some guys whose submission are always at the top. It is just my thought. BTW anybody else think that way?

crazyblogger, Jul 5, 2010 IP