1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Webmaster IRC Chat

Discussion in 'General Business' started by K1llswitch, Jul 4, 2010.

Hey guys, I used to run a pretty decent sized IRC channel a few years ago, and I abandoned it and today me and a buddy are trying to get a new channel going, so if you like to chill in IRC and talk with other webmasters about anything and everything, just click here to have your irc client connect you, or the server info is below. Otherwise you can use the mibbit client I setup at Webmaster IRC Chat.

Server Info:
    irc.slashnet.org

Channel:
    #webmasters

K1llswitch, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  2. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Chatting over IRC Channel considered as most slowest feature over internet where tons of Social Networking Sites are available professionals around the world keen to spend time more time to the people they know each other by profession

jezzz, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  3. K1llswitch

K1llswitch Member

Best Answers:
    What are you rambling on about?

K1llswitch, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  4. mioot

mioot Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, most of the new commers may ask what is IRC chat ? It is out dated chat system but still I like it for its simplicity.

mioot, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  5. Silent Media

Silent Media Peon

Best Answers:
    How can it be outdated if it's being used daily by thousands of people all over the world ?

Silent Media, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  6. K1llswitch

K1llswitch Member

Best Answers:
    Because it isn't like that new fang dangled Yahoo chat!

Also I noticed many people have joined via my chat applet and don't change nicks, stay for 3 seconds and then leave... Yes the channel is small, but can't really make it bigger if people don't stay long enough for anyone to even respond or know someones there. Remember this is a webmasters chat, a lot of us are working and randomly glance at the channel, we don't stare at it 24/7 waiting for people to join and talk.

K1llswitch, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  7. K1llswitch

K1llswitch Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to Silent Media joining (again) and letting me know, yesterday anybody who tried to join and got their messages refused, my bad, I must have set a channel mode that caused that, but whatever it was it's fixed now and anybody can join and chat no problem.

K1llswitch, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  8. K1llswitch

K1llswitch Member

Best Answers:
    Come and have fun guys!

K1llswitch, Jul 7, 2010 IP