1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hiring a writer , how much and what is the range ??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ready, Jul 4, 2010.

Hey all , i'm looking to hire a writer for my news section on my website

http://sytabletest.com/iammma/mock3.html

I need one for my featured story and the latest news.

I found some already but I have no clue how much it cost so i'm looking to have some tips on the subject so that I can make the best possible deal and save money.

what are the price range most of the time ???

Thanks !

ready, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  2. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Possibly $1/100 words for a professionally written article

jezzz, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  3. ready

ready Peon

Best Answers:
    oh ok , thanks alot , that is not much , I thought it would have been higher ! thanks!

ready, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  4. WorksForWeb

WorksForWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $0.02 - 0.03 / word range.. Cheaper - people who are not native english speakers and often the article are garbage , plagiarized.

WorksForWeb, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  5. Rui

Rui Peon

Best Answers:
    You honestly pay for what you get when it comes to good quality content. If you're lucky, you can possibly get some good writers for $1/100 words.

Rui, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  6. nicolebeckett

nicolebeckett Peon

Best Answers:
    Like some others have said - you get what you pay for. When you hire a writer, you're paying them for their skill and their time. It takes time to do good research for your content. It takes skill to create compelling SEO content.

Think about this - no one on the internet knows you from adam. The content you publish (either on your site or off) represents you and your business. It's your chance to make a good impression with internet searchers who have thousands (or even millions) of other choices. Do you want to take a chance on having bad content, just so you can save a few bucks? I'm not saying you have to spend a fortune on a writer, but, personally, I wouldn't put my reputation in the hands of a $1 article. I've had clients pay me to edit/proofread that garbage, and most of it is so bad that it's actually humorous!

nicolebeckett, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  7. RadioBounce

RadioBounce Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree, just try and do it yourself. Maybe later on get some really trusted people to help you, people that you know in real life or something like that.

RadioBounce, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  8. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed.

There are a ton of good writers around, but you have to search for them. The cheapest is not always the best.

Barefootsies, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  9. DanaS

DanaS Member

Best Answers:
    I've had great success hiring college students and work at home moms who have strong writing skills. Not terribly expensive for the awesome quality.

DanaS, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  10. adultseo

adultseo Peon

Best Answers:
    You can hire a fulltime writer for as low as $300 per month... This would cost you around $10 per day, and as an output you can easily get 10 articles every day... So that would mean $1 for each article. PM and I will send you other details.

adultseo, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  11. naciketas

naciketas Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the writers charge per word. I am not sure about the charge. Roughly it is say 1 cent per word. IF they charge anything less than that you are lucky.

naciketas, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  12. TheDouglas

TheDouglas Peon

Best Answers:
    I try to hire $10 per page. Seems to work.

TheDouglas, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  13. nicolebeckett

nicolebeckett Peon

Best Answers:
    The only issue with that is, they may be talented writers, but do they understand how to create SEO content? There are many different kinds of writing, and each area has its own nuances and guidelines. Just because they can crank out an awesome term paper doesn't mean they understand how to optimize your web content.

nicolebeckett, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  14. imbusinessman

imbusinessman Peon

Best Answers:
    imbusinessman, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  15. EMO_Ralez

EMO_Ralez Peon

Best Answers:
    that why I try to instruct the writer with guidelines too, not just, write about these subjects.I do the keyword research myself too

EMO_Ralez, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  16. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    I apologize if I'm offending anyone here, but,

"Possibly $1/100 words for a professionally written article "
    "$0.02 - 0.03 / word range.. Cheaper - people who are not native english speakers and often the article are garbage , plagiarized."
    "If you're lucky, you can possibly get some good writers for $1/100 words. "
    "You can hire a fulltime writer for as low as $300 per month."
    "you can find a writer for $5 at www.fiverr.com"

you fine folks should really refrain from answering topics you clearly are out of depth with.

This is a guy who's asking for advice - and advice that could affect his business, mind you.

Ask yourself this question:
    1.5-2hrs per article@ $5 each, working twelve hours a day, earns this hypothetical fella $30-40 daily. with an income such as that, what kind of quality could you expect? would the OP business interest be best served under that scenario? and please don't start with comments like "in india that's a fortune", because even down there, the truly proficient will charge higher than that.

and let's not talk about professional writer please. the professional writers i know earns in excess of $500 per article.

when you pay $1-$10 per article, you will get exactly what you paid for, and it certainly wont be from a writer.

atreides, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  17. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, SEO writer here in business for 4 years.

Here is my take on the matter:

$ 1/100 You will get a run of the mill piece, most likely a rewrite as this is the starting rate for most writers. What you would be hiring is not a writer, but a word re-arranger, who spins an existing article.

$ 2/100 You will get a starting writer, which can go both ways, you could be lucky and get one that can actually write or you could end up with a mediocre piece of content

$ 3/100 you will find decent writers, writing decent content, no SEO research, but well written.

True SEO content is researched and once written guarantees page 1 spots in the top 10 on Google. Any "SEO writer" who cannot make this guarantee is not a real one, simple as that.

However, writers like that do not come cheap and prices vary between $50 and $250 for a 500 words piece.

Like was stated here previously, you definitely get what you pay for.

Kraven2, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  18. Stockport3

Stockport3 Peon

Best Answers:
    You usually get what you pay for, but spend only as much as your budget allows.

Stockport3, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  19. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can get a native writer for as low as $0.005/word, however most will want at least $0.01/word.

furca, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  20. travelguides

travelguides Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for quality content, you would definitely need to look for writers who charge a lot more than just $1/100 words. Otherwise, as others here have mentioned, you're more than likely to get content that has already been published elsewhere and has been recycled. Good quality content comes at a price. $100-200 per article will get you good content.

travelguides, Jul 23, 2010 IP