1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's your motivations/inspiration for your business/projects?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by LocalWriteUps, Jul 6, 2010.

As the title states, let's all share whatever it may be... possibly a book, person, website, another business, a favorite item, a quote, etc.

Thanks for your contributions!

LocalWriteUps, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  2. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the project.

Some I do,... like web hosting and membership pay sites, for long tail recurring revenue. So I know that, no matter the economy, I will have money coming in. I can also take vacations, or breaks for a week or two and not have my business take a nose dive.

With other stuff, I am looking to work in things I enjoy. Like shooting my own content, doing clip stores to pay for it, celebrity sites, among other things I work on. Some is for fun, and money making is secondary. Others are balancing out my revenue and income.

So depending on what I need, my motivations are a mix of money and personal interest.

Barefootsies, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  3. ilovefireflies

ilovefireflies Peon

Best Answers:
    ahhh see that is pretty much what i feel. I need money so webhosting is a great way to me to provide a great service, but also have a bit of income. The best thing about it is that i can provide great customer support cuz i had a great teacher in this industry. and when i saw what he was doing, i took interest and wanted to learn about it. and i love making projects for my company. they help make it look better.

ilovefireflies, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  4. djcrich85

djcrich85 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am motivated to get up and do something I love that is very interesting everyday. I can't lie and say I don't flip and build websites for money because that is the main goal but the profit side of flipping isn't what interested me about it. Its the building and bringing a site to life that inspires me. And The Money lol..

djcrich85, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  5. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One person that motivates me is the dude who created milliondollarhomepage... and other money-making gurus.

Sweely, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  6. LocalWriteUps

LocalWriteUps Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing all your personal motivations/inspirations.
    Please, keep them coming! :)

7. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As this is your thread, I'd love to hear what you have to say. What or who inspires you?

Sweely, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  8. LocalWriteUps

LocalWriteUps Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, well I could just give a philosophical statement and say that everything has some degree of motivation, however I'll make it a bit more interesting :)

One of the most inspiring pieces for myself are those stories of perseverance -- esp. those who came from nothing, with "all odds against them" situations... and those individuals triumph. As well, anything within the arts (music, literature, painting/drawings, etc.)

Another way I get motivated is to hear what people have to say; whether it be a problem they have, question they want answered, or something they would like to see be done. To me, that's pure motivation/inspiration to take action.

However, and this is particularly for when I need to get motivated for my work-projects, I love to discover and read other online-entrepreneurs' blogs/sites, esp. when the posts are about their monthly earning reports... just something that really jump-starts the new month!

9. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah. Cool. I also love those monthly earning reports.

By the way, you should totally see a movie called Lean on Me. It's from 1989, but very inspiring. One of my favorite movies.

Sweely, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  10. LocalWriteUps

LocalWriteUps Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome do you (or anyone reading) have some sites that you would like to share of people who post their monthly earnings?

BTW, Lean on Me is an awesome movie!

11. jacqueline100

jacqueline100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Money is what mainly motivates me. I also like to observe very successful individuals and try to emulate their success/behaviors etc.

jacqueline100, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  12. LocalWriteUps

LocalWriteUps Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing, can you share a specific person(s) (or better, their websites) that you model off of?

LocalWriteUps, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  13. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have any examples, but most affiliate marketing-blogs publish that kind of information.

I told ya!

Sweely, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  14. Norebbo

Norebbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Freedom. Freedom to work when I want, where I want. THAT is my motivation.

Norebbo, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  15. thenonk

thenonk Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmmm.....success, freedom, and of course money to morale :)

thenonk, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  16. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yup. Mine too. I'm in Morocco right now, and I'm doing some SEO here. I usually live in Sweden and work there. With websites - you can work anywhere you want! And I truly love that.

Sweely, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  17. LocalWriteUps

LocalWriteUps Peon

Best Answers:
    @Norebbo - Love your response; couldn't agree anymore!

@Sweely - That is just plain awesome to hear... doesn't sound like a bad gig to me, at all. ;) Congrats & good luck!

I'm currently looking for some good e-zines to get inspired by, if anyone has some links to share, I'd really love that!

LocalWriteUps, Jul 9, 2010 IP