1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you had success with Digg? I have.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Tarkan, Jun 25, 2010.

1. pri2sh

pri2sh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only some visit my site via Digg, in short no success. I 'm getting more visitors from search engines than digg.

pri2sh, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  2. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    Of interest to many of you...I recently submitted a basic information page on my site and got 6 Digg's out of it...only to see a PR of 3 show up. Not sure it will last, but it's definitely something to watch in terms of SEO benefits.

MarkAse, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  3. kaiseng

kaiseng Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i already try dig several time and they give some UV. i think this is good website, thanks to the creator..

kaiseng, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  4. jamiesbeck

jamiesbeck Peon

Best Answers:
    i never had any luck, maybe i should give it a round 2? didnt know they were re-doing the site tho

jamiesbeck, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  5. oneyearauction

oneyearauction Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have posted dozens of threads on Digg with little success. It seems all this viral Twitter/Digg/Stumbleupon/etc viral marketing is only useful for those websites. People just keep using them because everybody is telling to use them as part of your strategy. My personal experience was much better with Facebook or LinkedIn.

oneyearauction, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  6. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing about Digg.com is that it's cheat proof. You can't really cheat it and get away with it. You can't post something that the audience does not like.

There was one guy that was posting stuff that people don't really like, and he had found ways to get lots of diggs, and he was banned really badly. In fact, there is a list of banned digg users, and it's soooooooo huge. So I don't recommend trying to use it as a way to get SEO, but instead use Digg to see how people respond to your articles etc.

Digg is amazing traffic if you can submit something amazing. But if it isn't exciting, news-worthy, or entertaining, you won't get far.

I know some people use to submit stuff from very popular websites in hopes that they would get a lot of diggs etc before they submit their own site---this DOES NOT work. It just pisses off the people who want to submit it genuinely and have it become popular, so they bury it (And it goes down and disappears).

I say you can give digg a try, but you have to be a part of the community and actually submit good stuff.

Tarkan, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  7. lucasstarks

lucasstarks Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Tarkan. Digg has a different strategy unlike when you are using stumbleupon and other social bookmarking / networking sites.
    What I mean is that in every website there is a different way on how you should promote and succeed in getting visitors and have PR.

You may also want to digg some news that you like and post comments in interesting diggs. Don't just submit a digg and leave. Be one with the community. A lot of SEOs takes for granted this very important thing. It can make or break your career in the community. Some may see you as a scammer or spammer and may flag you. Make sure you communicate with fellow Digg users and contribute to the community.

lucasstarks, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  8. gbaggs2

gbaggs2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Other than Twitter if I had to tell someone to master one social media site to be successful it would be Digg. But like you said, it's a very tech / male oriented audience so some types of sites just wouldn't work there.

Oh, yes I have had success with digg and absolutely love it.

gbaggs2, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  9. cakka

cakka Member

Best Answers:
    exciting content....
    ehm... any ideas ???
    i have indonesian blog, what do you feel if i submit to this social bookmark ?
    thanks

cakka, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  10. DPConnect

DPConnect Peon

Best Answers:
    my question here is how to get friends on digg!!

DPConnect, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  11. Andy Lim

Andy Lim Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg is a popular site that can give you to get traffic to your site.
    But I was never successful with digg.=(
    But I still use Digg to help me to get traffic.

Andy Lim, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  12. IrnesJ

IrnesJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Looking down my analytics report I have had the most success with reddit and stumbleupon.
    Digg is only helpful if you can actually get a lot of digg's from people. If you don't then you won't see any traffic.

IrnesJ, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  13. VideoDetective

VideoDetective Peon

Best Answers:
    You know as much time as I have spent trying to figure Digg out I just can't. I have probably read 100 different blogs about "How to get to the Digg FP" and none of their tips ever worked. The only time I have had success is when I have had a power user sub for me. I made the FP a few times thanks to this and my numbers skyrocketed on my website. Yet when I try to sub articles myself following all of the "How to" tips, it may get 5-6 diggs at best. I have given up.

VideoDetective, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  14. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    Reddit no longer gets me any traffic. I'm wondering if they have some kind of filter for those that have posted too many times with their own sites in the past.
    Seriously- great stories, and my stats show nothing.

Is it also true that Google Adsense will ban for Stumble traffic?

Claymation, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  15. VideoDetective

VideoDetective Peon

Best Answers:
    Clay - Reddit does ban if you post too much without being involved in the community. Like you I used to get tons of traffic and then one day it went to zero. I emailed a mod who wrote me a pretty nasty email back. I asked if I could rectify it and never heard back.

Moral of the story, don't sub too much on Reddit and read and comment on other stories.

VideoDetective, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  16. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but are our submissions just not being seen by anyone but us?
    Must be some kind of secret "you are posting, but nobody else can see it but you" algorithm.

Got banned by IP with Digg over a year ago.

Claymation, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  17. shellybr84

shellybr84 Peon

Best Answers:
    What i have seen in digg, some well known diggers are using digg like anything. They digg and comment 24/7 this is why their story is getting more popular. Digg is a best platform to get traffic and backlinks, if one gets popularity in digg.. then BOOM!! who cares what lies!! People are still relying on Facebook, digg and twitter to promote their sites.. even spammers too.

shellybr84, Jul 9, 2010 IP