1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Having Trouble Finding a Niche - Advice?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by m1ndless, Jul 11, 2010.

Seems like every niche I would enjoy writing about there is already a million other sites to compete with. Should this stop me from trying anyways?

I have a few ideas, but like I said the markets are saturated:

- Video Game Reviews/News
    - Healthy Cooking/Budget Cooking
    - Offroad 4x4 Trails/News
    - Arizona Travel
    - Rocky Point Travel/News

Do you think I could make it with any of these? Any advice would be awesome.

m1ndless, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  2. m1ndless

m1ndless Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, are .net domains worth using?

m1ndless, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  3. m1ndless

m1ndless Peon

Best Answers:
    Any advice?

m1ndless, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  4. EnforcementsCA

EnforcementsCA Peon

Best Answers:
    Debt buying and collections. ... thats what I do... there's money in it.

Theres some books out there but market's by no means saturated...Google Al Schweitzer.

He's been called the grandaddy of our industry, even though I hear he's basically a scam artist, theres a lot of people making an honest living doing what we do.

EnforcementsCA, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  5. CurvyNation

CurvyNation Active Member

Best Answers:
    And, how do you do it EnforementsCA?

CurvyNation, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  6. Jaloxin

Jaloxin Member

Best Answers:
    Same Question

Jaloxin, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  7. EnforcementsCA

EnforcementsCA Peon

Best Answers:
    hah-- thought youd never ask!

Well, in theory (it's never this easy but you get it) there are literally hundreds of thousands of uncollected judgments out there (in the US anyway- aka the land of law and order, where actually, no one ever has to pay anything because the system is too nice to really make them) , where people have sued other people and won and are now owed money, but have never collected.

What I do is I go out to courthouses, and over the courts websites and go through all the judgment files (thousands) and find ones that I beleive are good and collectible. I then contact the creditor, tell them what I do and then take the judgment 'on assignment' - meaning I now own it. I either buy it for cash up front (10-15cents on the dollar) or take it on a fee split (usually 50/50).

I have clearance with sources which run bank account searches, and searches for places of employment (for wage garnishments) and once I locate banks and employment, I just seize the funds (bank) or apply for a garnishment (at job). In California, spouses assets can also be seized, which makes the recovery rate much better. (2 debtors basically instead of one)

Costs me less than $100 up front, and judgment can be $5k-10k, or more, depending.

There is a lot of paperwork involved and alot of going over files online involved, which is part of what i came here for, to get some help with that part of the business.

So that is it in a nutshell. Its alot more complicated than that when people do things like declare bankruptcy, move assets out of state, work for money under the table, transfer assets to their parents, etc, and like anything else, it requires a lot of expertise to really get good at it.

I have been in biz about 9 months, and have shown a decent profit so far, and am just now outsourcing and focussing on getting things running more efficiently to increase profits, and get my marketing to go better, etc.

So there ya go. Judgment debt collection is my business. Works for me...(there are books out there on it already if you look around youll findem)

EnforcementsCA, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  8. adultseo

adultseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Choose the niche about which you know the most.. or naturally interests you...

adultseo, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  9. naciketas

naciketas Peon

Best Answers:
    It might appear that the markets are saturated but strictly speaking they are not. There are buyers and fans for each one of the site or blogs.

naciketas, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  10. TheDouglas

TheDouglas Peon

Best Answers:
    Listen to the opposite sex. For me, I listen to women in offline conversations and see what's the next big thing. It works.

TheDouglas, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  11. tuksdrr

tuksdrr Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're doing quite a wise thing by giving a lot of consideration to your niche before you spend a lot of time and money in setting up/marketing a site for it!

Ultimately, you want to make sure there is a) lot of prospects who spend money on the core product/service, b) good affiliate commissions, residual income opportunities and CPA type offers aplenty for affiliates and c) it's not a flash in the pan type niche.

If you (or anyone) would like access to my Niche Business Empire book then the download link may be found here (no optin):

http://www.nichebusinessempire.com/nbecvb.htm

Hope this helps

tuksdrr, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  12. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I started a site 4 months ago for a VERY competitive keyword with .net domain.

Today I'm hitting 4,000 visitors plus per day with PR4.

.net .com. .superstar its all the same if you do it right!

giorgioarmani, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  13. m1ndless

m1ndless Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you referring to your luxurious.es website? Nice layout!

m1ndless, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  14. Deacalion

Deacalion Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, I like this. I do the same with my girlfriend and her friends. It does work :).

Very cliché, but you do have to think outside the box with this one. Some of the niches I've been involved with are so strange, but have still made money.
    All I do now is think of about 10 a day... launch the sites, pump some links into them and see how they do in a month or two.
    If they do ok, I'll expend more effort onto them - if not, I don't bother.

I've done the whole analysis thing to death, I made no money from it.

Deacalion, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  15. m1ndless

m1ndless Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I decided on the travel website, I know a lot about my state and a lot of the hidden areas many do not even know about.

m1ndless, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  16. imbusinessman

imbusinessman Peon

Best Answers:
    one of the ways you can find a niche is to look on google trends. see what everyone is searching for online. this will give you an idea on creating your website.

imbusinessman, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  17. Vmtech

Vmtech Peon

Best Answers:
    Choose a niche about which you know the most and also which is in less competition.

.net domain is fine.

Vmtech, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  18. jjeezy

jjeezy Peon

Best Answers:
    I think anything works, really. Just be very specific with your keywords. Search up the general terms and then find the specific ones and target those. I'm not a master of seo either though... just what I've read. ;D

jjeezy, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  19. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just a quick note - don't ever be discouraged by high competition niches...yeah, it may be more difficult to make your way through it, but it's high competition for a reason - lots of money to be made!

On the other hand, picking a local niche is also a fantastic idea. Nothing wrong with that. Good luck!

shamus, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  20. m1ndless

m1ndless Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I think I know what I am going to do now after a few days of research, I found a niche that has high compeiton for the keywords, but not necessairly for what I will be doing, since it's a different approach.

m1ndless, Jul 15, 2010 IP