1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fortitude - Amazing Business and Personal Opportunity

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Kaabi, Jul 19, 2010.

Hello my fellow DPers! I would like to share with you an amazing opportunity I have come across and benefited from, and really believe that you can be successful with too. I understand that's a relatively cliche opening, but I just can't stress how real this is. I am truly passionate about this opportunity, on an emotional level. In other words, I care about this moreso than just for the money. I care about the idea behind it.

What I am talking about is Fortitude, an online magazine where you can get paid between $10 and $100 for articles you submit. These articles can be about ANYTHING! In fact, you are strongly encouraged to write articles about subjects you are passionate about. Every day, members vote on articles, and the top 50% get published to the Front Page. The Front Page articles get you between $10 and $100, and this is possible because the other 50% of articles do not get paid for. In my case, I've submitted 20 articles, and 11 have made the Front Page. I've made over $200 from this website, and I like to think that's pretty significant, especially since I enjoyed writing the articles I submitted.

The passion is why I love Fortitude. People write about what they love, and they write well because of the chance to get paid something tangible, as opposed to a few cents or dollars that other sites offer (like Associated Content). And the opportunity to get paid to write about what you love is only the half of it!

To keep the quality of the members high, Fortitude charges $23.99 a year ($1.99 a month). If they didn't, there would be a flood of low-quality users submitting absolute crap, and Fortitude wouldn't be sustainable. Also, the membership fee enables you to get huge commissions for referrals. For the time being, you can get $18 per referral! As you can see, it's easy to make your membership back, as you basically only need 2 Front Page articles or 2 referrals.

Affiliate commissions are locked for 60 days in case of account reversal or cancellation, so although I've gotten a couple of referrals, I haven't cashed out any affiliate payments. However, you can cash out your article earnings immediately, and so far I've withdrawn $102 to my PayPal account, all of which came from my personal work. This money has been especially helpful to me in a time when my other websites are performing in a lackluster manner, although hopefully they will improve in the near future.

Fortitude was started by Nick Oba, who also owns Qondio. If you are a search engine optimizer like me, you know that Qondio is a high quality, PR6 article directory that provides high quality backlinks. Nick has already proven himself before with Qondio, and so far, Fortitude has shown just as much promise. I've talked to Nick several times, and his dream of an online magazine where people submit articles of what they are passionate for, as opposed to pieces created purely with SEO benefit in mind, is a noble one indeed. As I said, I care about the idea behind this website, in addition to the financial opportunity.

Whether you want to make money from writing passion-infused articles, referring other members, or both, Fortitude is an amazing opportunity for nearly any marketer. And I can't express how much I have enjoyed writing the articles for Fortitude. It doesn't feel like work, and I've actually made good money from it. I want to see Fortitude grow into something special, and that's why I made this thread.

I would like you to check out some of my articles below. All of these topics are things I am passionate about, and got paid for (it says how much I was paid next to each article). This is for real, and if you have any questions whatsoever, PLEASE ASK!

Historical Theories of the Universe
    Becoming Successful by Using Sales Techniques in Your Personal Life
    The Three Stupidest Things Republicans Have Done in the Past Year (*A Personal Favorite of Mine*)

Kaabi, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  2. webbmaster

webbmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $23.99 / yr for the submitters only or for all members?? if it costs member to read article.. it would be a tough sell.. there are so many free good quality content.. you think people will pay $24 to read articles on your website?

webbmaster, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  3. Kelso

Kelso Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a better method would be to use something like CPALEAD or similar.. you could make money that way (per view)

Kelso, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  4. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, this is not my website. Second of all, it should be blatantly obvious you don't need to pay to read the material, as I linked to my articles from this post. The fee is for the article writers, to ensure that only serious people sign up. It's not considered an important source of revenue, as they pay out more than half of the fee in affiliate commissions, as many people who join are referred. You have to be a good writer to have a chance at making money on this website, so if you're used to writing only poor-quality, 300 word articles for your website, then this might not be for you. While I certainly write many of those kinds of articles (I just finished one right now), I can also write great articles as well, and I'm sure many of you have that ability too.

You should at least check this place out. I really just want to see it grow and see the idea spread, as I believe in it. And Kelso, this is a very viable affiliate opportunity as well, but CPALEAD sounds pretty good too if it pays CPM style.

Kaabi, Jul 19, 2010 IP