1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any CMS for html sites?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Asaf Biton, Jul 10, 2010.

Well I wanted to ask if theres any CMS that I can 'install' on my html site and make a blog-like site since wordpress and others are harder to design and code (for me at least)..

Free ones preferred.

Asaf Biton, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  2. hutchinsonweb

hutchinsonweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Asaf,

I'm not too sure how much coding experience you have, but Modx is a very simple (and free!) CMS to learn, it should do everything you want and is very easy to set up if you have the HTML code already. There are also a load of tutorials online to help you get started.

You could also look at interactivetools.com, they offer a very nice and simple to use solution for HTML sites. I think it's about $200, but it has to be one of the easiest CMS's to set up and add to an HTML site.

hutchinsonweb, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  3. Deacalion

Deacalion Peon

Best Answers:
    Once you have the HTML/CSS down - you can cut it up into any CMS.
    As hutchinsonweb said, ModX is very nice.
    You can assemble pages together after you have split the HTML into 'chunks' like Lego.

Deacalion, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  4. AlcVitRes

AlcVitRes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DataLife Engine formally has articles/news/static pages
    (all served from database) as *.html files in visitors eyes.

Also good solution for it's caching & quick showing at once;
    more time for writing actual text and less for coding is handy.

AlcVitRes, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  5. compusolver

compusolver Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't get it. There is nothing "hard to code" about Wordpress or Joomla. In fact, neither requires one bit of coding whatsoever and they come with easy to install template designs. It sounds like you already have more skills than what are required to setup a Wordpress or Joomla site.

- Hank Castello, CompuSolver.com

compusolver, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  6. lawsofpower48

lawsofpower48 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you will have to implement that into your html..that would be hard since html is old...you need php to work with.

lawsofpower48, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  7. compusolver

compusolver Peon

Best Answers:
    So that we don't confuse people, let's make it clear that HTML is what browsers use to display the web pages, including this one, that you view with your browser.

HTML may be created by PHP, ASP or client-side with Javascript, etc., but the final product is HTML.

To say that HTML is "old", really doesn't mean anything, because like all languages (OK, other than Latin!), it is constantly evolving.

You can take a free Web Basics course at Web-Professor.com and brush up on all this stuff. (Use the key: 135H to enroll for free)

compusolver, Jul 19, 2010 IP