1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't make a single sale off a 1800 member email list?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by diggyisking, Jul 22, 2010.

Hey,
    I have a tattoo site that is getting around 1000 daily uniques on total autopilot.

The tattoo niche hardly converts (and my site isnt the greatest) but I decided to try to get the most from the traffic by getting emails and building a list.

I'm getting between 40 and 70 optins a day by offering 60 free tattoo designs and updates.

I've created 8 follow up emails with various stories/designs/pitches about a tattoo gallery that they should join (my clickbank affiliate link) yet out of all these 1800 email subscribers, I've made like 2 sales off my list. WTF.

Obviously I must be doing something wrong? Any ideas/advice as to what I'm doing wrong?

How can I use this list to promote other products to them, just suggest for them to opt into another list to get info about XYZ?

Would appreciate any help!
    Cheers
    Diggy

diggyisking, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  2. Stockport3

Stockport3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are the people in the list a buying market? Are your follow-up e-mails done correctly, i.e. do you also offer some free info, etc.? Does your list have money in their pockets to spend?

Stockport3, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  3. diggyisking

diggyisking Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if they are in the buying market. They are definitely in the 'looking for a tattoo market' so yeah I think they should be able to be converted, at least 1% I would say.

I do indeed offer useful information and give 60 free designs that they could possible use.

diggyisking, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  4. webbmaster

webbmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what I know, people normally do not get a tattoo because they see some graphics they like.. usually they want to get a tattoo first before they do research on what tattoo they are going to get.. so I think 2 sales out of 1800 is quite normal. Also tattoo is one time deal.. they would not be part of a membership site.. if you market your product to tattoo artist.. then yes.. I think they would be interested.

webbmaster, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  5. Abdul

Abdul Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask the people in your email list of what they expect from you. Just have a small questioner of two questions, it can be like this.

This process is called as "knowing the customer taste". Once you come to know what they want, then you can modify your service accordingly.

Regards
    Abdul
    MBA Marketing

Abdul, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  6. dmorrisonprofessional

dmorrisonprofessional Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats really good traffic. But as stated before, it really does have to do with customer tastes and how it will benefit them. But you did say you have about 1000 daily uniques. If you're looking to monetize your site through the traffic alone, you really should use Adbrite or another program that supports traffic monetization. With Adbrites full page ads thats about $10 a day. Check out my blog if you're interested in learning more about it, I just posted an update on Adbrite actually, or you can always look on Google :)

dmorrisonprofessional, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  7. Valkyrie™

Valkyrie™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a pretty good traffic and you should put it into better use with another niche. Tatto is not that great.

Valkyrie™, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  8. n-james

n-james Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should trade your list with someone else (list of a similar size) doubling your list size, then do it again and again. Then suddenly you have a massive list and you can sell to others in different niche's.

Tatoo's are a one-off purchase (unless someone gets an additional tatoo but most people only get 1) so list trading would be a good way to make sales (and to get lists in different niches to target :) )

n-james, Jul 24, 2010 IP