1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you guys promote your facebook fan page?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by JoeBauer, Jul 20, 2010.

i know content is always the king but what if the client doesnt have enough content. what would you guys do?

JoeBauer, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  2. GameOver

GameOver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I make a facebook page that is not promoting the company etc, but focused on something in the same niche of the company that is engaging (either funny, satirical etc) so that people will naturally want to join.

GameOver, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  3. angelmira

angelmira Peon

Best Answers:
    i put a badge on my site so people can just click "like" if they like my site and theyre part of my fb fan page

angelmira, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  4. Nagfx

Nagfx Peon

Best Answers:
    usually alike what "Angelmira" said.
    We just put the button like us on FB.
    Or we purchase traffic towards our facebook page.

Nagfx, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  5. victoryreds

victoryreds Peon

Best Answers:
    comment on other popular fan pages... dont spam just promote yours.

victoryreds, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  6. pulsecontent

pulsecontent Peon

Best Answers:
    It's pretty easy...

- Make 10 Profiles with a girl's name and a picture of some lesser known model/actress (avoid using original junk)
    - Join as many groups as possible related to girly themes
    - BAM! You get flooded with friend requests...
    - Accept all of them
    - Now Like your Fan Page and Suggest it to your friends list!

Remember don't login onto these IDs with the same IP and keep your main ID away!

pulsecontent, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  7. seodash

seodash Member

Best Answers:
    that's a nice idea. I am sure many people will like a funny and not boring fan page. For me, I would update some facts or news related to the niche of my website I am promoting so that they become interested to like my page and share it to their friends.

seodash, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  8. JoeBauer

JoeBauer Peon

Best Answers:
    haha..this is probably one of the best ideas i've ever heard. thanks

JoeBauer, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  9. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    How would you promote a site that has no content. The readers or visitors should see something on the page which is interesting.

Hersheys, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  10. IbnRyan

IbnRyan Peon

Best Answers:
    creative! hahhaa

IbnRyan, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  11. CIKMarketing

CIKMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't do the multiple profiles, that's spamming, creative, but spamming.

Definitely make sure your website has a visible link to your Facebook fan page on every page. Add your FB address to your business cards and other info as well. One of the best methods we've found is running events or contests specifically through Facebook. Many of your customers will "Like" your fan page if they know it gives them a chance to win a prize or discount.

Creating quality content, products, or services is the best method. People will naturally find your page if you're offering something of worth. Purchasing visitors or fans and such is a waste and compromises the legitimacy of your business.

CIKMarketing, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  12. man0l

man0l Peon

Best Answers:
    I am making it in several ways:
    1. I am placing a badge in the main site
    2. I am placing the link in the newsletter of the main site, the twitter account or any other social account
    3. I am inviting my FB friends ( I have 850 lol )
    4. I am using my own social accounts to promote the fan page
    5. If the fan page is important, I am making a campaign with Facebook ads

man0l, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  13. ElitePrime

ElitePrime Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're referring to promoting on the fan page or marketing; I don't consider a page as a site instead I think of it as a list where by I try to create a trust with my users that they would be encouraged to listen to what I have to say.

If you're referring to promoting facebook page there are various ways to do it such as facebook ad. If you haven't used facebook ad you can try the trial voucher but honestly it's quite costly in my sense when you can get facebook fans for pennies if you know how to.

There are also other free methods such as using facebook accounts. I can't go into detail about it but many of it isn't say ethical and involves spamming or ewhoring.

Other ethical methods include ensuring to keep active with your fan page so that members remember your page and those who like it might respond back to it and share your page but don't spam them no one likes spam. Post something constructive.

Then there is also getting your friends to invite their friends. There is actually multiple ethical and effective possibilities to promoting yuor facebook fan page. I personally use a unique method which effectively gotten me and several clients 50 000 Facebook fans.

You can also purchase your fans but personally I wouldn't it can be very costly.

ElitePrime, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  14. JoeBauer

JoeBauer Peon

Best Answers:
    of course readers or visitors would like to see something interesting. and that is the whole point of creating this post. Sometimes you meet clients that might not be as savy so they just dont understand how important the content is so i was trying to brainstorm ways to promote the page even there isnt enough content. hope it clarifies.

btw i also love the idea from GameOver which solely aims at making friends first even with other írelevant'yet engaging content. thanks for the input.

JoeBauer, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  15. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    I always update it and gather as many fan as it get. I recommend it to may friend and create dummy profile to recommend it to others.

Excel 8, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  16. SuperAffiliateJohn

SuperAffiliateJohn Peon

Best Answers:
    This is really going to depend on whether you are promoting a "company", or an affiliate offer.

If it's a company I would recommend creating a giveaway. So say, for example that you are working with a Tanning salon. You could get them to give away a session for free to build buzz. Contests like these tend to get a lot of attention, and you would get the tanning salon a LOT of future customers.

SuperAffiliateJohn, Jul 25, 2010 IP