1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying something you didn't bargain for

Discussion in 'General Business' started by thecubehost, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi,

I bought a website not long ago. It ranked top 25 for the search keywords. Furthermore, it was making $300/month with CPALeads. After I bought the site, the ranking dropped. Furthermore, CPALeads rejected that application saying that that they don't even allow that site to use there service. So basically I can't even make back the money I put into it.

I contacted the buyer politely and asked him to refund the money. He refused and started blaming me saying I refused the domain transfer when I really didn't Furthermore, he gave me a bad rating blaming everything on me after I gave him a bad rating for the way he acted over the sale.

As soon as the CPALead application was rejected I signed up with another like company. However, there wasn't really any point since the Google Rankings and website traffic dropped dramatically.

I am suspecting that the buyer sold the site and possibly knew this was going to happen or did something prior to selling the site to allow this to happen for some strange and unfair reason.

Right now, I am left high and dry with a website I paid for that makes no money. I can't even sell it because who would want to buy the site now? It makes no money and has no Google Rankings and those were the ONLY reasons why I bought the site.

I am just wondering, what should I do about this type of situation. What can be done to ensure that people get what they pay for and what can be done to ensure this doesn't happen again?

thecubehost, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  2. YugoSlavac

YugoSlavac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Well, I guess you've left out a whole lot of things in our trade. First of all, I was going to sell the website to Xactor but you sent me a PM after I had made the post that said "site sold". In that PM, you said "How can you just close the thread, i'll outbid him". And, I proceeded to sell the website to you.

You did not contact me politely and I gave you the negative iTrader because you sent me the neg- rep first and I'm not going to sit around and let someone attempt in ruining my DP reputation for no reason. You had a CPALead widget on the website for a good day or two and I guess someone told you in the ticket that you submitted that you were not allowed to use the website. So, I offered to buy a MyVoucherGeek script for you so you could at least make some money back, but you did not bother. Then, I recommended that you use AdscendMedia and I guess that's what you're doing right now.

The reason why I refused to refund you your money was because the transaction has been completed and I had already transferred the domain and you already received the files. I would have to wait up to 60 days just for the domain and again I'd have to take the risk in believing that you did not easily just copy the files and re-upload them to a different domain or sell it to someone else.

As for the domain transfer, you refused to give me your GoDaddy ID after I repeatedly told you that you needed to accept the domain. You willingly refused to give me your GoDaddy until you finally budged. I do not know anything about the site losing its rank but I do not that you could easily just do some SEO work on the website or promote in some other way, but I'm guessing that the site was down or it lost its ranking because you refused to give me your GoDaddy ID.

I honestly do not even see a point in this thread because we've spoken to moderators and administrators about this. You were the one that sent me the negative reputation and you were the one who kept wanting to change your mind after the transaction was completed. You did not accept the domain thus resulting in the domain losing its ranking in time.

And the domain did not lose its ranking RIGHT after, you had the CPALead widget on your website a couple of days.

YugoSlavac, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  3. thecubehost

thecubehost Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really wasn't here to argue with you, but since you lied... I have to tell the truth.

Firstly, I contacted you last week asking for a refund. You said "Sorry it doesn't go like that, you paid for it already." I then opened a paypal dispute but unfortunately they don't cover electronically transfer materials. Now today after about 3-4 days of asking you for a refund, I gave you a negative rating because you became bitter.

Secondly, the domain wasn't even in my posession as yet at that point. I offered to pay for the domain to keep you happy but all that I really wanted was the majority of my money back.

Thirdly, I can't even believe you brought this up. Like you have to be joking. Like I accepted the domain after about five minutes of trying to get a refund from you. Also, even if I didn't the site was not down and a domain transfer has nothing to do with a websites google ratings.

Fourthly, I did nothing wrong. And I didn't "Change My Mind." I simply got something I did not bargain for and I have a feeling you knew these things would happen to the site shortly after you sold it.

Fifthly. Who wants to buy a site with bad Google Rankings. The site is nothing now. The value sank to basically nothing over a period of THREE DAYS! He doesn't want to buy it and I wouldn't even try to sell it right now because I couldn't make back a fraction of the money. It will probably be a few weeks or months for the site to get rankings.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  4. YugoSlavac

Best Answers:
    The first time you asked for a refund was after the files were sent and the domain transfer was going to be initiated. there was no way that i could have refunded you that deep into the trade. you can't just change your mind when you have the files and the domain transfer was just needed to be accepted.

You contacted me asking for a refund after I had sent the files which were in your possession. I initiated the domain transfer shortly after and you did not give me your GoDaddy ID. And, you're misquoting the message I had sent. You did not offer to pay for the domain, you kept changing your mind as I was transferring the domain. And, the domain did have an affect on the Google ratings because I had changed the nameservers back to my domain because I could not access my cPanel as the domain was my main access point for my cPanel account.

You asked me for a refund after I transferred the domain and you had the files in your possession. There is no way that I can give you a refund after you have the domain and the files in your possession.

You kept changing your mind after the transaction was complete so I told you " sorry, but it does not work like that" because there is no way that you can prove that you did not just copy the files somewhere and there would be no way for me to get the domain back within 60 days since It's been transferred.

If a guy sold a car, the buyer is assumed to take full possession and control of that car and the seller has no responsibility for that car anymore. This example is literally the same thing for our transaction.

And, the website had the page 2 rank when you had BOUGHT the website so I assumed you were going to do everything in your will to maintain that SERP ranking but I guess you did not. And, even if I did refund your money, I would have to wait 60 days to get my domain name back. Plus, I would have no idea if you had actually transferred the files and copied them to a folder and resold them later or just copied them yourself.

\

5. thecubehost

thecubehost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yugo, I could copy the files from a browser anyways and the files would be of no use unless I had the domain name and at that point in was still in your possession... I don't really know why you were refusing to refund because of such a small reason.

Furthermore, how does a website lose a so much google rankings overnight unless you did something before you sold it?

But anyways, if you want to argue, lets talk about this off of the public post... I didn't create this post to have a public argument... Infact, I didn't even mention you name when I created the thread.

6. YugoSlavac

Best Answers:
    Well, you clearly made this thread towards me so I had to post because there are always two sides to a story. And, I've spoken to moderators and an administrator about this. And, we were already talking through PM before you made this thread.

You did create this thread accusing me of scamming you. You might have not said it in the exact words, but it's obvious.

And, the domain transfer was not INSTANT and it did take a while. That's why I kept bugging you to ACCEPT the domain because I had to switch the nameservers back to your host. I had to change the nameservers in order to access my cPanel like I already stated in my above post.

There's no need to make a post in the General Business section falsely accusing someone of scamming them when everything I did was right and there was no scamming involved.

As a matter of fact, in the PayPal dispute you commented saying "The site was not delivered" even though I had sent you the files and started to initiate the domain transfer.

I do not wish to keep arguing but if you're going to keep blaming me than I'm going to have to keep posting.

And there's no way I can refund you after I've transferred everything including the domain which would take 2 months before you could even transfer it back to me. And, there is still a chance that you could copy the files. And even if someone did copy the source code, they will not have the root files so that wouldn't work.

EDIT:

Just to let you know, you've changed the title of the website from "How to Get Free 1600 Microsoft Points - Free Microsoft Points" to "How to get Free 1600 Microsoft Points - Free Microsoft Point"

7. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I think you've both said what you needed to say.

mcfox, Aug 4, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.