1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EBAY and ADAM GINSBERG

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jim34, Nov 8, 2009.

Hi, I've bought into Adam Ginsberg Ebay programme about 4 months ago in New Zealand and whilst pretty impressed and excited about his systems and business I'm frustrated that the support I need from him and his crew I'm finding a real challenge. Is anyone else out there joined the Adam Ginsberg EBAY business that he offers for around $4000-$5000US to be a member. Any positive feedback from this programme???

jim34, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  2. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard him speak too, but did not buy it. He sounded very impressive!
    Sorry to hear you don't get the support you expect! Hope it improves.
    How is it going otherwise? Any sales yet?

smile633, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  3. LOLCat

LOLCat Peon

Best Answers:
    :p I wouldnt think it would be worth $5000 to hear him talk

LOLCat, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  4. jim34

jim34 Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard him speck at the World Internet Summit- it was free. But to be part of the programme and get into business was the cost of about $4-5k. I was impressed too and it sounded like a great business. I still think it is, it's just the support and promises that were made and now not followed thur with is bugging me so I just want to hear if anyone else had some feedback or thoughts.

jim34, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  5. Webruler

Webruler Peon

Best Answers:
    I attended a $4000 "make money on Ebay" seminar - which in hindsight was an upsell in disguise for the better $17000 'solution' - comprising, an online store application (Template Optimizer platinum), 1 years coaching, and a so-called Instant Store Builder' (ISB).

The Coaching was a joke, the ISB is far from what was represented and is used primarily to create backlinks & clickbank product sales for Adam Ginsberg himself. Template Optimizer is supposed to support unlimited stores - but so far I can only create one (and at times it unavailable on the internet) - the support tickets questioning this go unanswered.

I tried to call to discuss a solution but this and was declined repeatedly. This is a $17k rip off. I have reported it to many of the regulators in the US so hopefully I wil get my money back

Webruler, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  6. jim34

jim34 Peon

Best Answers:
    All the best with the regulators I hope it works out for you. Anyone else had some good positive feedback and been successful using the Adam Ginsberg EBAY system??

jim34, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  7. blisspublisher

blisspublisher Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard of adam ginsberg but never see or hear him in person. But I am always weary of those high ticket seminar and coaching program. The only time I may consider paying that kind of money is 1 to 1 coaching.

stephen

blisspublisher, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  8. Webruler

Webruler Peon

Best Answers:
    The DCA have said they will keep my complaint on file because I am the only complaint. Jim, will you be prepared to send them your case if I provide you the contact information and case reference number?
    I have another person in Malaysia with a similar issue to mine - perhaps collectively we can get some action.

Webruler, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  9. mjreine

mjreine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Webruler,

Thats too bad about that conference he put on.. I went to one of his free conferences and ended up buying his $325 book and cd package... I still think this was a great buy though as it has tons of specialized ebay tips and techniques. Did you ever get your $5k back?

Matt

mjreine, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  10. Kiteboy

Kiteboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Webruler. I've had a very negative Ginsberg experience. Bought the full Template Optimizer Platinum package for nigh on $20000 NZD last July, and have had a pathetic level of 'support', especially considering the investment. Ginsberg has 'coaches' in Utah, who basically have a manual they read from and they can't help if your issue isn't in it, and a 'support' team in california which is a total joke. Neither of these sets of people talk to each other, and they will both tell you the other needs to answer your query. The support team very rarely get back to you, and if they do the answers (after weeks of chasing) are flippant and irrelevant to your issue. Now Template Optimizer Platinum / eStores (Instant Store Builder) has disappeared from view on Ginsberg's site, replaced by Speedlings, which they are now trying to push on me. I believe now that ISB was flawed and has been discontinued, but being $20K out of pocket, and having wasted a year (seriously, I been chasing answers for 6 months now to issues that stop the ISB store I built from selling product), I am very seriously disillusioned and would strongly advise nobody to touch Ginsberg and his empty promises with a very long pole. I am very interested to know who you reported him to and how you got on. I am right behind you mate!!

Kiteboy, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  11. Kiteboy

Kiteboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jim, I've had a very negative Ginsberg experience. Bought the full Template Optimizer Platinum package for nigh on $20000 NZD last July, and have had a pathetic level of 'support', especially considering the investment. Ginsberg has 'coaches' in Utah, who basically have a manual they read from and they can't help if your issue isn't in it, and a 'support' team in california which is a total joke. Neither of these sets of people talk to each other, and they will both tell you the other needs to answer your query. The support team very rarely get back to you, and if they do the answers (after weeks of chasing) are flippant and irrelevant to your issue. Now Template Optimizer Platinum / eStores (Instant Store Builder) has disappeared from view on Ginsberg's site, replaced by Speedlings, which they are now trying to push on me. I believe now that ISB was flawed and has been discontinued, but being $20K out of pocket, and having wasted a year (seriously, I been chasing answers for 6 months now to issues that stop the ISB store I built from selling product), I am very seriously disillusioned and would strongly advise nobody to touch Ginsberg and his empty promises with a very long pole.

Kiteboy, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  12. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At least not to me.

But I am glad to hear the O.P. found something that inspired and motivated him.

Barefootsies, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  13. relationshipc

relationshipc Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm part of speedlings and have been feeling as though he is in it for the money. You pay $1000 for 5 sites! or $6000 for "unlimited" sites. The support is disappointing to say the least and if I have to listen to him sniffle/snort and be arrogant to be people that paid good money and expect a return for it (but are not getting it) at another webinar I'm going to lose it! I'm sorry to hear about you though, it makes what I've been dealing with look quite small in comparison.

I would just avoid his stuff altogether because from what I can gather he's not in it for the whole, he's in it to make money for himself. And he's doing so.

relationshipc, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  14. vegaslady

vegaslady Peon

Best Answers:
    I have Template Optimizer Deluxe and Instant Store Builder Deluxe. Adam has very good ideas and is a forward thinker. Unfortunately, he sticks with something until he gets a better idea and the one before is dropped. His support has always been bad. I use Template Optimizer for all my eBay Listings. It took a while to get the hang of it. I attended about 4 workshops before I finally figured it out. I have started about 3 stores on ISB but haven't finished them. A friend of mine has had some success with ISB but it was after many hours of frustration and run around from their support. Everything Adam does is to build residual income for him. I will not get anywhere near Speedlings. I went to a 1-day information forum that was given by Adam Sternberg. Speedlings is supposed to be ISB automated. If it is so automated, it should not have taken him 9 hours to get a store up and running. I was not impressed.
    Sorry for all the rambling, it's a lot of words to say we have all fallen for Adam's charisma and salesmanship. Lots of pretty words and pretty packaging with nothing to support it.

vegaslady, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  15. marknn

marknn Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys.

Well... I can tell you, you are not on your own. ISB has caused me lots of heartaches too - I just don't know where to start.

Support....? What support. The people on the other side are ignorant, never read the questions asked and I know they know nothing a about the product. They treated me like shite and implied I was a complete novice around pc's and were very patronising. 8 months it took for them to accept the issues I was fighting the answers for - of which they wouldn't fix.

The product is riddled with annoying bugs and templates that have been designed with no care.

Previously in a webinare (I think they were three) and the further ones never materialised - reckoned they had employed someone purely dedicated to building more templates. Also these webinares were promised to be posted on the site... Still they are yet to appear.

It's been almost 18 months since we purchased ISB and it took 8 months to be accepted by e-bay. I had to learn wordpress to create a website that was content rich in order to support the application. That was my xmas and New Year taken up

I don't think they care any more about ISB as they seem to be pushing Speedlings.

Then there is the "Craigs List Optimiser" - no longer working because Craigs List has changed the format of their site. No plans to update that either so thats a no-goer

Hi "jim34" I note you are in NZ - me too - where abouts?

Would anyone like to throw any figures around on what they are making? I can say something semi-positive though and that is I made 100pound last month with 30pound, and 20 pound in the preceding months.

I would love to hear of anyones success and what they are doing to assist in the SEO

Mark

marknn, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  16. Assasin

Assasin Peon

Best Answers:
    Many guys were ripped off with it.

Assasin, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  17. tonnele

tonnele Peon

Best Answers:
    Making money on ebay is simple. You need the right information in terms of where to find scam free dropship, liquidators and wholesalers. If you need the perfect resource just let me know I will give you that information

tonnele, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  18. Junjub181

Junjub181 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mark,

My wife and I saw Adam Ginsberg in Sydney quite some time ago now and paid up the $17k for the ISB package , e-stores and platinum template optimizer.

I will say that the eBay template optimizer is great for creating ebay auctions that stand out but using Doba as the warehouse in the USA is crap. Their prices and shipping are to high. Most times you will find an item from Doba being sold on ebay for what you can get it a wholesale price let alone the costs of the ebay auction and paypal fees. So I have used it to sell just items here in Australia.

I loved the idea of having my own internet presence and did like the e-stores concept. The $17k price gave us unlimited e-stores but it took over 12 months for AG to get the unlimited part going and their support of e-stores is very limited. No one could ever answer your question properly. An when you did have a problem they always put the blame on you. (i am in it and computers, have been for 20 + years) and when I had a problem that was a programming issue they refused to acknowledge the issue and ignore the many emails / support tickets until suddenly other people see the same problem and 6-8 weeks later the problem is fixed and they send a email saying that the problem has been fixed. No mention of sorry you were right and we were a bunch of stupid seppos!
    BTW I have had no success in sales with the e-stores. I have had customers try to place orders (looking at the logs) only for the order to fail and never get ordered automatically from Doba like the e-store is meant to and so they eventually give up. - I am going to use Prestashop instead and manually order from Doba (but I am looking at other drop shippers)
    The support form AdamG for e-stores is next to useless. The only knowledge they have is how to make your site look pretty and not work. It did take me ages to get the content setup correctly in seo terms with out any help from AG

As for the ISB system. Well all I can say it does work but there are many caveats on this and do be aware that.
    1. It will take up to 90+ days for any traffic to start hitting your site if you do bugger all as is effectively taught buy Adams Ginsberg and Steinberg.
    2. eBay pay 2 thirds of bugger all for any traffic driven to them from your site. There is no pattern to their payments. I have constant traffic from many of my sites being sent to eBay and they are bids and they are winning bids that pay anything from zero to 80cents per click. in fact I have this suspicious feeling that eBay have changed the rules over the past 6 months and that is why my payments per click are heading downhill. I have about 75 domains using carefully selected keywords and products that have all been running for 9 months or more (many over 18 months) and although I can see that many are in good Google, bing and Yahoo optimization eBay is not paying what it used to do when they first started appearing up the search engine lists. All I have been doing for the past 6 months is SEO optimization. Getting good quality backlinks but to be honest if eBay don't pay then is it worth the effort.
    3. I was at the same seminar "Flick your boss" that Adam Ginsberg saw speedlings for the first time himself. Speedlings was originally "Parklings" see www.parklings.com a small company in Sydney. The presentation was pretty crap but AdamG saw the potential in making money (not from using speedlings but selling it) So he bought a interest in the company and about 2 weeks later at a training course he started flogging it. Fortunately I could not afford it at the time, its funny he tried to make me look like a fool for not buying it. I feel sorry for those poor saps who had no idea of what they were doing who did invest the $3000 or so then. Speedlings may work but unless you know what you are doing when it comes to domains, SEO, PPC and eBay partner and many of those people who go to Adams seminars do not then you are going to be spending a lot of money without much chance of seeing a profitable return for several years.

Going back to point 2, at one stage early this year I though I was going to be rolling it. My payments from ebay partner started at around $30 and slow rose each month until it jumped form $50 one month to $225.Then it dropped back to $50 and has never climbed over $90 since. Its funny when asked the question of how much do they make using ISB both Adam Ginsberg and Steinberg say they they expect we would earn $1 a day from a good domain. So a quick bit of maths
    Say you had 25 domains earning $1 per day = $750 per month = $9000 per year which would mean nearly 2 years to cover the $17k, forget that it may take 100 domains to find a good 25 niche markets to produce the elusive $1 per day and that it may take 2 years for those to start making money and then if as I said above ebay looks to be changing their way the pay per quality click it could be a long time before we see a return on our investment.

Which is why I'm looking at other options as well as ISB.

Junjub181, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  19. Junjub181

Junjub181 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just an update to those who have had dealings with Adam Ginsberg before and have paid lots of $ for Template optimizer, E-Stores or ISB he was at the Empowernet seminar in Sydney Australia Sept 10/11 2010. (with Tony Robbins and Sir Richard Branson) The interesting thing is that he did not try to sell the template optimizer as usual and then try to up-sell to ISB or speedlings at the training session later in October. Instead he just spruiked speedlings at $6000 for unlimited speedlings. So who knows what he will try to up-sell at the training course.
    Looks like about 250 suckers parted with their money. Don't get me wrong I think the speedlings product is a great program and does do what its says it does. I just don't think the $6000 price tag and the useless support that Adam Ginsberg's company provides is worth the money.
    Interestingly the offer today has a double your money back offer. Which is if after 12 months you have not made your money back ($6000) he will pay you back twice the cost, but there are catches. One is that you have to build a minimum of 30 websites a month. ($15 per domain per year charged by them plus hosting I think). You can only add 10 of your own domains per month to Speedlings.
    So it looks like ISB and E-Stores is dead and gone and those who forked out thousands have been shafted.
    He did the usual thing of getting a none technical person to come on stage and pick a niche. (She choose womens shoes) so they created a domain, I can't remember it as is was soooo looong. And she clicked on create speedlings button etc. About 20 mins he showed a page from the Speedlings console that reckoned that the site had earned about $1.50 - $2.00 already. I'd love to know how a brand new domain and site has been clicked on and generated revenue that quickly other than having someone like Adam Steinberg who was also there, in the back of the auditorium start clicking on ppc adds whilst Adam Ginsberg was playing up to the crowd. Just like a magician, one hand distracts you whilst the other picks your pocket.

Junjub181, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  20. robmeister

robmeister Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Junjub181,

I'm one of those people in the process of getting shafted from the Sydney seminar. I am looking for advice from people on how to get out of this. My credit card has been charged $2000 dollars and will be charged again twice more. This really is a scam and the guy should be stopped. However the promoting company Empowernet in australia is the one who has charged my CC. I am contacting them and asking for a refund. If anyone else is in the same boat please contact me so that we can come up with a strategy to get a full refund. email or via this forum. Rob

robmeister, Sep 26, 2010 IP