1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Offshore Outsourcing

Discussion in 'General Business' started by digiaads, Aug 10, 2010.

Hello Friends,

What do you think about offshore outsourcing of IT services from USA/Canada/UK/Australia/New Zealand to India/Philippines/China? How many of you outsource services and what are your experiences? Did you get quality of work? Did you had security issues?

please share experiences

Cheers

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
    digiaads, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  2. 7Solutions India

7Solutions India Peon

Best Answers:
    India is a best option for any outsourcing work.

7Solutions India, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  3. allthegoodnamesweretaken

allthegoodnamesweretaken Peon

Best Answers:
    India is the best option for any outsourcing work? You can never make such a generalisation like that. Let me correct your sentance:

India is (on the whole) is one of the best options in terms of price, they're extremely cheap. However, India is (on the whole) one of the worst in terms of quality as well as a big language barrier.

I personally would choose a Russian if possible. While they're more expensive, they're hard working and the outcome will be pure quality. If you're looking for something a little cheaper though, I've had great success with contacts in South America.

After years of outsourcing though I have some friendly advice, heed it or not. This advice is based on bigger jobs, eg. nothing trivial such as data entry, link submissions etc. It's not worth the trouble outsourcing. Sometimes it's more problems than it's worth, and you'll find quality will mostly be lacking. I'm living in the UK, the best option is just to find a friendly American, someone from the UK or someone from Australia. You can't really go wrong.

4. 7Solutions India

7Solutions India Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so...

You must be aware that entire outsourcing trend was majorly started from India and then other countries like Russian and Philippines came into the race. We have superbly talented professionals in every sector from BPO to KPO. So please don't underestimate INDIA POWER...

7Solutions India, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  5. mainhoondon

mainhoondon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think India has language barriers as it is the second largest english speaking country just after US
    Its always advisable to think before you choose :)

As for the OP's question, I am being Indian have outsourced work myself :)
    You just need to see where you are outsourcing (in terms of responsibility, quality, etc )

Good luck

mainhoondon, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  6. allthegoodnamesweretaken

allthegoodnamesweretaken Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL proved my point.

Well we've got to look at your point ("entire outsourcing tred was directed toward india") and then look at the following: Non-Internet/ICT outsourcing (the original outsourcing) and Internet/ICT outsourcing (the type we're talking about). Original outsourcing was directed towards latino/south american nations (inc. mexico). Also as you know many companies outsource product production to companies such as China. ICT outsourcing has more of a hazy past, but we CAN make the following generalizations quite reasonably: Due to India being a developing nation the prominence of ICT wouldn't have been so apparent in the early days. Therefore the Indian public wouldn't have had as many computers Per Capita orginally, I doubt it was India but more like a country such as Mexico. (One of my friend's dad was outsourcing to Iraq, India and America in the 70's and 80's - he's British and said it was mainly british companies at the time).

Therefore, "entire outsourcing trend was majorly started from India" is an unfounded beleif. Find me a source of proof of this and I'll take my words back.

Just so you know, the Phillipines was awarded best place to outsource last year (2009) and I beleive a couple of years prior.

Also if you knew the entire fundamentals of outsourcing work, you would know that the given implations (among others) are a lack of quality and the language problems.

I will however give you the following: India is one of the most popular countries for webmasters and online entreupaneurs to outsource their work.

I'm not usually this awkward btw, I just don't want people to get wrong information from certain people.

7. blueangelfire77

blueangelfire77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Philippines is currently the largest Offshore Outsourcing country in the world next to India. Three other Philippine cities have been included by the London Financial Times in the survey of ‘Top Ten Asian Cities of the Future‘, thus validating the country’s position as a major player in the global offshoring and outsourcing (O&O) market.

blueangelfire77, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  8. unilita

unilita Member

Best Answers:
    Time zone is a big factor when you consider outsourcing.

unilita, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  9. conferenceshopper

conferenceshopper Peon

Best Answers:
    India and Philippines are the good choice for offshore outsourcing, they have good workers and the rate are reasonable.

conferenceshopper, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  10. Abigale

Abigale Peon

Best Answers:
    India is a very good choice. They work fast and there are many good professionals available!

Abigale, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  11. hoimore8

hoimore8 Peon

Best Answers:
    Vietnam is a rising market for outsourcing. Let's go there.

hoimore8, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  12. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are hiring an individual or a company not a country. So, such geo-based generalizations are not correct.

makeit easy, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  13. devonblzx

devonblzx Peon

Best Answers:
    It can be great for night support but the problem I find is how to monitor the work. You have to be on top of how they are responding to your customers and if they are doing the work required.

devonblzx, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  14. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Outsourced some work to Poland, their portfolio looked good but the delays and the poor quality of work submitted at the end cost us dear - if the project is important I would recommend having a team that you can work with in the same room to make sure things are going in the right direction day by day. Good luck!

Seiya, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  15. baronet-a

baronet-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice writing skills and ability to persuasive lol. and the most important that it is true. I had to outsource translation and some phone services and quality from Russian was surprisingly good!!!

baronet-a, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  16. gb-translation

gb-translation Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that outsourcing can be a good options. Just keep time differences in mind. I have two clocks on my windows 7 desktop (it's really easy to do, just click on the time display in the bottom right corner, one set to Madrid time and one to U.S. time.

gb-translation, Apr 3, 2011 IP