1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for the best project management tool

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mit, Aug 10, 2010.

Hi Guys,

I am searching for a project management tool which can show the transparency of any project in the company.

Something like Basecamp, which we already used. It has limitations, basically for the SEO measurements.

Waiting for your suggestions

mit, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  2. awesometbn

awesometbn Peon

Best Answers:
    What are the limitations you've experienced with Microsoft Project? I think their 2010 version is now integrated with SharePoint Server, so there should be a lot of the transparency you are looking for.

awesometbn, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  3. arlisch

arlisch Peon

Best Answers:
    What limitations are you trying to get around?

arlisch, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  4. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft project is the only one I've used and it seems to have everything I've ever needed. I'm not too sure what you mean by transparency... like openness and good communication?

Le Dangles, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  5. mit

mit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I still didn't use Microsoft Project but have heard a lot. I have used BaseCamp but it won't work because I have a similar work every month and it goes difficult to assign the same thing, there is no copy paste thing in it.

mit, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  6. davidmorisseau

davidmorisseau Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like you want to easily see what's going on in every project.

Basecamp is good, but indeed has its limitations. It's biggest appeal is in its simplicity, and it lacks many features that make it fall short of being a true project management tool.

How does this sound:

- Collaboration on everything (all aspects of the project, from to-do's, calendars, and tasks, to reminders)
    - Gantt charts
    - Project dependency
    - Unlimited sub projects/the ability to prioritize those sub projects
    - Client Collaboration
    - Timesheet and Milestone billing

Logging in brings you a dashboard with everything simply displayed (including projects). WORKetc also has a tool in beta that will show you a view of all your projects and then drill down to show a project by timeline (Gantt + Progress + People + Budget). Here's a link to their blog regarding the new feature: http: //admin.worketc .com/Blogs/Development/53

That being said, WORKetc is not just a project management tool. What I love most about it (I have done work with them so I'm trying not to be such a salesman) is that it combines project management with CRM and billing features. Basically an all-in-one business management tool that lets you do everything you could need. If you user other apps for billing/CRM, you could get rid of those entirely and let WORKetc cover it all, and not have to worry about integrating or jumping between applications.

davidmorisseau, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  7. horsey67745

horsey67745 Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft has a project management tool, not knowing the right not

horsey67745, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  8. dinagarfinkel

dinagarfinkel Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for a system that can be easily templated in addition to a host of other great features (full collaboration tool set, robust scheduling engine & task management system, reports, integrated time tracking, free iphone app) then I recommend checking out LiquidPlanner. I find that Basecamp is handy with collaboration but can quickly become messy and unorganized and is lacking critical work-duration features. As for transparency, LiquidPlanner has project portals, which will allow you to communicate with your clients and show them real-time project status (you can tell that I'm a big fan of the project management tool).

dinagarfinkel, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  9. pacifictimesheet

pacifictimesheet Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try Pacific Timesheet software for light project time keeping and attendance. It has the ability to memorize or copy previous timesheets, which is useful if you generally do the same work from time period to time period.

pacifictimesheet, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  10. andrew simon

andrew simon Peon

Best Answers:
    hi friends

These applications offer the ability to do so from any Internet connection.

1. Basecamp: Considered one of the most popular project management applications online, Basecamp offers a very easy-to-use interface that allows you to manage your projects. You can even give your clients a certain level of access to your Basecamp projects in order to get feedback on progress.
    2. DeskAway: With tools to track projects as well as what your team members are working on, DeskAway focuses on showing the progress you’ve made on a project. You can easily share information with your team, even scheduling events or posting to a shared blog to make sure everyone is on the same page.
    3. Goalkeeper: You can choose different plans with Goalkeeper, meeting the different needs of a freelancer or individual or a larger business. The tool offers a variety of collaboration tools as well as the ability to track bugs and other problems, making it a particularly useful tool for product-oriented projects.
    4. Copper Project: While Copper Project has been out there since 2001, it has undergone numerous upgrades. It’s focused on making paperless project management possible, even down to managing budgets and tracking time use.

take care

andrew simon, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  11. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is SEO a consideration for a project management tool? What are you actually trying to achieve?

PPM by HP is a commercial solution as a SaaS which I have used with a number of clients, it is reasonable in its functionality but isn't the most intuitive and in my experience is often slow but does give a much broader set of functionality than many others. MS Project is ok for stand alone projects but lacks a PMO functionality or cross project resource planning. MS Project Pro can be integrated to Project Server which I believe then starts to add more functionality but never actually used it with server running.

AstarothSolutions, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  12. pacifictimesheet

pacifictimesheet Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Pacific Timesheet software. It has the ability to memorize or copy previous timesheets, which is useful if you generally do the same work from time period to time period. That might solve your problem with the other timesheet product.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    pacifictimesheet, Oct 19, 2010 IP