1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate Marketing v Product Owners

Discussion in 'General Business' started by BusinessGod, Aug 20, 2010.

Whilst being an affiliate is great, as it usually means no customer service, there’ll come a time when you may wish to be on top of the food chain and have your own product, which when done right will lead to much faster success (although it’s more costly to set up initially)

This is excellent as you can have thousands of your own affiliates doing all the hard work for you provided you entice them with an offer that can convert. Coz think about there is a whole army of super affiliate potentially wanting to promote your offer….now that’s what I call the power of leverage!

Generally speaking, being a product owner is the next step up, and while you can create the product yourself (a digital product for instance) you can always outsource it at places like elance.com.

Once you’ve tweaked the salescopy until it’s converting, then you can recruit your affiliate army on places like clickbank and affiliate related forums.

In this way you become an affiliate for your affiliate program so to speak, by creating more campaigns as you would for your normal affiliate products…except in this case you want people to sign up to your affiliate program and start promoting…which in the long term, if you provide them with the adequate training and resources will pay handsome dividends.

Furthermore, you can also approach huge websites in your niche and offer to JV with them. As long as your product converts then you will have them biting your hands off.

It should be noted though, that all successful product owners used to be successful affiliates. This is key because they know intimately what their affiliates want and need to set up a profitable income stream.

Anyway would love to hear your thoughts!!

BusinessGod, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  2. marketingideas

marketingideas Peon

Best Answers:
    Some good points in this thread. There's also an element of excitement when it comes to promoting something you've created yourself which can be very motivating. There are only a few affiliate programs I've promoted that I've been really excited/motivated to promote, and it's usually been because they give a good commission on each sale.

marketingideas, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  3. BusinessGod

BusinessGod Peon

Best Answers:
    continutiy affiliate programs work a charm too

BusinessGod, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's my whole business model, there my own programs though ;) I agree aswell with launching products are the way to go once you've got your feet wet in the affiliate side of things you need to learn to walk before you can run in this game or a lack or experience can be very costly, although if you are good at product launch hijacking then you can make a tidy pile of cash out of a $3k product that pays 40% commission.

Seqqa, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  5. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    If you put in the research you can create a successful vendor campaign without being an affiliate first.

Le Dangles, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  6. BusinessGod

BusinessGod Peon

Best Answers:
    Sssshhh!!!!!

BusinessGod, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  7. BusinessGod

BusinessGod Peon

Best Answers:
    defo...the quicker you get to the product launch side the better all round it'll be for you

BusinessGod, Aug 25, 2010 IP