1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which open source article directory? Article Beach or Article Dashboard

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by walaboom, May 29, 2006.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question.

I have seen both Article Beach and Article Dashboard open source article directory php software. I really want to hear people's opinion before I implement 1 or the other.

What are the pros and cons from user perspective and admin perspective?
    Which one do you like better and why?

Everyone, thanks in advance!!

www.ArtDirectory.CarolinaFishTalk.com - Article Beach
    www.ArticleDashboard.com - Article Dashboard

walaboom, May 29, 2006 IP
  2. ssk

ssk Peon

Best Answers:
    dashboard is good. However you cannot edit the code. Still, it is easy to partner with very popular article submission programs like article announcer and articlemarketer.com

dashboard is my recommendation.

Easiest way to make money, is to get a PR and sell text link ads. My one site brought in 50.00ish a month from text-link-ads.com stuff. IF you get lots of traffic, Ive noticed that my ad channels for ads that are embedded in individual articles do the best.

Check out article dasboard university and their forum for better ad placement and help.

ssk, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  3. moneyspeaks

moneyspeaks Peon

Best Answers:
    moneyspeaks, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  4. hiredgunz

hiredgunz Peon

Best Answers:
    The article beach script has been hacked so many times, you may want to aviod that one. I've used article dashboard for quite a while now, and it's good, but I still wrote my own instead. You might have a look at article friendly (do a search for it on google) ..

best,

Jan

hiredgunz, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  5. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also use my own. I think I had my articles directory even before article dashboard was out.

I was not the first, but I started my articles directory when there were far less article directories about. Article directories have seemed to exploded in popularity.

john269, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  6. hiredgunz

hiredgunz Peon

Best Answers:
    So, true John269 ... it reminds me of when blogs first started becoming popular and now you almost can't find a site the DOESN'T have a blog :rolleyes:

hiredgunz, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  7. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have an articles directory, but I have not got a blog.

I have never had a blog on my site.

I may look into doing one eventually, lets see how things go.

john269, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  8. spjain81

spjain81 Peon

Best Answers:
    I preffer to articledashboard because their software is really very good. I have seen many article directories which have used that software.

spjain81, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  9. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it looks as if the articledashboard is the best articles script and the most widely used.

Even though it is good and widely used, I prefer to use my own. You have more control over it and can do what you want with it if you use your own.

john269, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  10. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    Apparently it seems today lot of people don't want to spend time to write code from scratch. Hence article dashboard turned out to be a pretty much a successful directory script. Take some thing that is already existing, tweak the templates and boom - you have a directory. Speaking of control - I think article dashboard allows you to do more then you need to when you speak of having control. The average Joe does not know how to code in first place and they are happy by tweaking the templates - I guess that itself gives you enough control. Even if the code is opened and given away - I am sure 90% of the directories will still be same and hardly any code changes will be made.

My $0.02.

Bombaywala, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  11. hiredgunz

hiredgunz Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess the best thing I can say about Article Dashboard is that it's free. It's full of bugs that have never been fixed, but if you just want something to throw up on the net and fill will adsense, it'll work till it gets hacked. But thats just my experience with it for the last year and a half of writing addons for AD and fixing broken sites.

And you are right.. 90% of the sites will remain the same, cause Article dashboard is too hard from most users to change. Thats why most AD sites are a pr2 at most. The sites that pay someone $150.00 bucks and buy my addons (or are php/mysql experienced) are the sites that rank higher... otherwise, they are all the same. Still, the forum mods and developers are making a big chunk of change on a "free" script while the users try to find ways to change/improve or fix Article Dashboard ;)

Fact is, most of the people that have gotten my Article Friendly Script are ex-AD site owners that were tired of fighting with AD and not getting anywhere, so I guess it comes down to what you want ... good quality or bad quantity.

BTW, Article dashboard isn't open source as it's nearly completely encoded.

anyways, just my opinion and not a slam against any AD owners :)

best,

Jan

hiredgunz, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  12. Dejavu

Dejavu Peon

Best Answers:
    Dejavu, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  13. MajorHart

MajorHart Peon

Best Answers:
    so which is yours and what does it cost?

One of the problems I see with article friendly is tha I us clickbank buddy code (called ezcashads now) nd they are regular html code. Just the pub line wouldn't be enough toi ptu that in.

MajorHart, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  14. sparkposter

sparkposter Guest

Best Answers:
    same questions here.. Im interest how much it costs..

sparkposter, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  15. biggig

biggig Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    But article dashbaord is very complicated cms and you cant retrive your password once you have lost it you have to re ragister it .. its very complicated.. i am pretty sure Wordpress is much better option that anything else... please suggest the plugins for it

biggig, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  16. a1optim

a1optim Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used article dashboard since its inception in 2005. My advice: do not use article dashboard because it is easily hacked and there is no support for the script when you run into problems. Article Friendly works well and is not expensive, I would recommend that a new directory start with AF.

a1optim, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  17. Dhvanesh

Dhvanesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

What about articlesss.com/article-directory-wordpress-theme ?

I have created a wordperss article directory using this theme and it's working fine for me.

Dhvanesh, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  18. idreams

idreams Peon

Best Answers:
    dont use article beach.. it got many security issues.. may be some other good one google it

idreams, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  19. awesome182

awesome182 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think article dashboard is better ..

awesome182, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  20. moshecogan

moshecogan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dashboard is good.

moshecogan, Feb 4, 2011 IP