1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thoughts on hiring freelancers from DP, eLance, Mechanical Turk..etc?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by missmelon, Aug 26, 2010.

Hi,

I'm just starting to hire some freelancers and while I didn't have the best experience with a writer from here, I am hopeful that I'll find more.

My question to those that are more experienced: what are some best practices that you go about when hiring from eLance or DP forums?

I'm looking for high quality workmanship so I realize that paying $.01 per word or $10 per logo is a bit ridiculous - you get what you pay for.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Best, Helen

missmelon, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  2. pixelbob

pixelbob Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually it is really hard to find a good quality workmanship. I'm afraid that you will have to sort out the wheat from the chaff before you can find that person.

pixelbob, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    First,you can do some background check on the writer such as his track record.

Only go for experience writer not cheap writer.

mentos, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  4. ebiztrendz.com

ebiztrendz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you should check for the portfolio and person's rating on DP and other freelancing website's. Its easy to track the credibility of person on web, search their name and business name.

ebiztrendz.com, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  5. computerconsultant

computerconsultant Peon

Best Answers:
    Verify the past experience, track record of the consultant and feedback from the past project owners. If you feel that the consultant is apt for your requirement, hire him and allot the work to him.

computerconsultant, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  6. gdrg

gdrg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've had very, very good experience with writers from Elance.com

It takes a while to find the right one and its hard not to get lured in by their enthusiasm and false promises.. but once you find that right person, you're good to go. And there's TONS of people to choose from!

gdrg, Sep 1, 2010 IP