1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much is a network of websites that generates 6,100 unique visitors monthly?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by furca, Aug 21, 2010.

How much is a network of websites that generates* 6,100 unique visitors monthly?

*On autopilot

furca, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  2. ezrasalken

ezrasalken Guest

Best Answers:
    well, that is a lot of visitors. But, it depends on where the traffic comes from. The best place is from search engines. That will increase the price greatly. However, for me, net profit is a much bigger factor. What I have seen recently, a site gets sold for 12-17 times monthly net profit.

ezrasalken, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  3. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic isn't worth anything unless you can show it's worth something, for example; monthly revenue. Domains can add to the value of an internet asset, such as PageRank (PR) and the domain itself can add to the value if a domain and over all an website.

Seqqa, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  4. Mioni Krakel

Mioni Krakel Peon

Best Answers:
    6100 visitors is not much in the big game. It's what a number of sites does for me daily. Maybe $100 or $200, maybe a few dolllars more if it comes with decent design and really, truly is autopilot. But then if it truly was autopilot, why would anyone sell it?

Mioni Krakel, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  5. J and J

J and J Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a place you check to see what is worth? I know some people have said its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. But is that really true?

J and J, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  6. haiwin

haiwin Peon

Best Answers:
    it depends on the kind of your site.
    my site is tie shop online .if it has 6,000 unique visitors daily , it definitely will create huge sales

haiwin, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  7. matty01

matty01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    what kind of site is it, affiliate/ecomerce/service?? is the traffic all SEO based?
    i see some sites on flippa that are garnering that sort of traffic AND making reveue making pretty good cash. I guess it all depends though.

matty01, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  8. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These are informational sites with majority of traffic coming from the search engines. Thanks for your responses.

furca, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  9. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    targeted traffic, or random visitors?

like the other poster said, if you monetize it, you have hard figs as to what its worth.

contentboss, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  10. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is the traffic is returning?

If not then the traffic is worthless.

mentos, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  11. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, the traffic is not returning. Why would this make it "worthless?". Yes, these are targeted visitors. The network is generating $xxx monthly.

furca, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  12. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the traffic is not returning then you aren't offering what they want, or what your bringing them too, you want members that come back and back and back, if you don't have than then you kinda fail at it.. your sites are worth something, even if you aren't making money, it just really depends what, depending on what kinda sites you got, and what type of content, email me at I can explain more.

ryan1918, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  13. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Regardless of traffic I'd say most buyers want to know the potential in income.

If your site has 600,000 visitors and makes 600 USD per month and mine has 6,000 but makes 60,000 USD per month how does visitor numbers have anything to do with the worth? Get my point?

giorgioarmani, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  14. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is not about traffic...
    The REAL value of any business depends by its "monthly revenue".

tbtoyl, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  15. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Monthly revenues are $xxx. I think NON-RETURNING re-occuring traffic is more valuable. Here is my case basis:

1) My forum gets 1,000 uniques per day. All are "trained" not to click the ads. This site will end up with only 1,000 unique visitors in a month. (Not the forum in my signature - I own a big-board forum)
    2) My minisites get a few hundred uniques daily that equal to 6,100 monthly. They are untrained and new.

These are real examples.

furca, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  16. Tiedemies

Tiedemies Peon

Best Answers:
    Like many have stated before, impossible to tell just by amount of visitors. Where are they coming from and how, bounce rates, demographics, time spent on site, etc. all these are the essential factors that decides the value of your site.

Tiedemies, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  17. hpginc

hpginc Member

Best Answers:
    Get them to return. Change the website around and update it.. If they are not returing, then what does it matter if the layout looks the same. The visitors wont even notice. If you have 6000+ visitors you should be making at least a few thousand dollars a month from sales and affiliate programs.

hpginc, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  18. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, 6000 visitors spread over a couple of sites monthly, can be worth big cash, but also can suck. all depends on what niche it is in.

I get 9000 visitors monthly on 1 site and its only making me $40 monthly for example :)

KingNomar, Sep 1, 2010 IP