1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are You Afraid of Success?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PaulSch, Sep 1, 2010.

I´ve noticed a lot of people put up barriers to their success, for example saying that they can´t cope if the business takes off, they don´t know how to deal with a certain aspect of business or that they are just plain frightened by the volume of work that would be involved if their ´business´actually became a business instead of a hobby.
    Are you one of these people?
    What stops you from succeeding (apart from hanging around in forums for hours and hours every day)?

PaulSch, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  2. Mario_T

Mario_T Member

Best Answers:
    I think many people don't know where and how to start. If they start doing something and it doesn't work in the first few days, they are stopping and looking for other methods.

Mario_T, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  3. Scriptoman

Scriptoman Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm some what in similar situation. I'm doing web designing and web application development from past over 4-5 years. Now I'm planning to step into desktop applications and want to sale it in Indian local market but not sure how it would work. Will it make sense to build small billing software and sale it in CDs to local retail software stores and also integrate license code in each CD. I'm also afraid of piracy as it really rocks in India and China I guess. So that's what I'm afraid of right now and not sure if I should take a chance of going into it as I'm not sure how this things actually works in offline market.

Scriptoman, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  4. edcampbill

edcampbill Peon

Best Answers:
    Every one wish to be successful, one thing I've noticed why many of them afraid is the responsibility, as what you have said as the business grow it takes more concerns and responsibility. But I don't afraid of it because I have an ambition and dreams.

edcampbill, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  5. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say people that 'dont know how to cope once business has taken off' are infact lying, and it could possibly be a fact they haven't succeeded which is why they are stressed

Jon1771, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  6. Keith1981

Keith1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Most people don't want to spend countless hours trying to figure out something that may or may not work and not get paid for it. I said it in another thread, not knowing what to do or not knowing where to start is the number one reason why people either quit and give up or don't succeed when it comes to internet marketing.

Keith1981, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  7. MikeM82

MikeM82 Peon

Best Answers:
    am i afraid of it? absolutely not. infact, i feel as though its been predetermined that i become successful. I've had vivid visions of what my life would be like while i'm successful and as far as i'm concerned, it's only a matter of time before it happens. The fun part is in the journey anyways ;)

MikeM82, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  8. susan_ham

susan_ham Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone wants to be a successful person, but only some of us can succeed.Why?I think one of the important reason is that we are afraid of failure.

susan_ham, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  9. mcampbell075

mcampbell075 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe it depends on how we truly understand the real meaning of business. Depends on our personality and discipline. And even though we failed, we should try it again by knowing the best strategy and be responsible on it. We should acquire the good commitment to our job and business.

mcampbell075, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  10. funzone

funzone Peon

Best Answers:
    it's a general opinion that mostly people looked for minimum invest and maximum profit..

funzone, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  11. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've noticed that people like to limit their capabilities. I think people do have a real fear of failer, I've failed a thousand times in doing things I've learned a thousand lessions too which puts me in the position I am in today.

Seqqa, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  12. itsallwhite

itsallwhite Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you're right, the main reason people don't succeed though is they don't take action - its all too easy to spend lots of time doing courses, reading blogs etc but you'll only start making progress towards your goal when you DO - that is the key in my opinion

itsallwhite, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  13. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many factors involved in it. May be wrong choice of business, some are early bird but then forget to fly high. Consistency, self confidence, hardwork, right direction and another most important factor of luck also contributed largly to the success.

pradiprg, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  14. click.burner

click.burner Peon

Best Answers:
    i m not afraid as i m a big fan of EMINEM... seriously u should not be afraid of atleast SUCCESS.

click.burner, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  15. BigNinja

BigNinja Peon

Best Answers:
    Personal discipline. Time to quit surfing here and get back to work!

BigNinja, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  16. VHostingZone

VHostingZone Guest

Best Answers:
    I would say so :)

I think everyone is scared of Success..

VHostingZone, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  17. bluecode

bluecode Peon

Best Answers:
    the same problem with me. thanks for the advices

bluecode, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  18. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some people who are self-sufficient and have little or no fear of failure. They know they can make it work on some level at some point and have a back-up plan in place until they reach that point. There are others who make far better employees than entrepreneurs. They excel at getting things done, but the premise of going off on their own and being reliant on their own industry to pay the bills is a bit freaky. Maturity aside, those who know how to make it work often take the natural trepidation in stride. Those who struggle with the basics of business and don't know how to handle the many different aspects - accounting, finance, planning, structure, branding, etc. probably aren't ready for a business anyhow. I think they are telling the truth more than keeping themselves back. There's a reason such a high number of businesses fail, after all. Maybe it's self-preservation kicking in.

internetauthor, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  19. netsavvy2010

netsavvy2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    It has to do with how determined you are with your goal. With the right motivators, I don't see any reason why one would get scared with success.

netsavvy2010, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  20. enormous

enormous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    enormous, Sep 16, 2010 IP