1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find Trusted Partner

Discussion in 'General Business' started by inomcoke, Sep 2, 2010.

Is there any way to find someone you can really trust to partner up with online for a JV project?

I have several ideas on making money online which are unique and will make a lot of money (i hope). Last time I had an idea like this I found a programmer to help with the coding of things which I'm not great at. He was great for the first 2-3 months, we were making some pretty good money ($150+ per day before we even started advertising). Then he just vanished. Would not reply to email, ect. He just turned up again and is basically taking my idea and doing it on his own.

Obviously I'm upset with that.

I've had two other people that promised to work with me on a few projects. They start out excited and doing good work, then after a week or two of little/no profit (which is expected for a new online venture IMO) they just stop working and are not interested in the project anymore.

So...How do you find people that you can trust to work with you on a project for a percentage of the profits?

inomcoke, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  2. mknapper1

mknapper1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend doing as much on your own as you can. Maybe hire a freelancer to write as much as possible which would mean higher up front costs but you are at least taking in all the profits after the initial start up. But with my experience i would either just team up with a physical friend, not someone from the internet, or just keep trying to find someone and eventually someone descent will pop up.

mknapper1, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  3. troyj

troyj Peon

Best Answers:
    Virtual assistant is a good thing but you need to make sure you got a loyal and trusted partner.how?well try to be friends and chat a lot with him.

troyj, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  4. gotti3636

gotti3636 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the only way to keep them working is to overpay them at the start and make sure you give them a % of the profits. By giving them a % of what you make you are always going to get them to work harder so they can earn more too, not just you :)

gotti3636, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  5. Asra Consulting Services

Asra Consulting Services Peon

Best Answers:
    many partners who finds out the actual earning , will act the same.. the point loyalty is very important. Giving a good pay with little % can work well. Moreover instead of friend from Internet.. Physical friend can be good in longer term. But most of the work have to be done self.

6. funzone

funzone Peon

Best Answers:
    first thing if you facing such problems, which are not uncommon. then you should do two things..firstly take the project responsibility yourself and willing for profit or loss and second thing keep in mind don't choose partners, just hire them employees..because for partnership you must ve trust on your business partners more than your family which is rear in nature.. so hire them as employees in case any or they all will fed up you must have other alternatives...

funzone, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  7. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use outsourcing trusted site. There's a lot of freelancer waiting for the job.

karmaseo, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  8. accountingtampafl

accountingtampafl Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest before choosing partner if possible choose one to which you can reach in any way though its not easy if going to find freelancer only but i think before doing work like you have to make yourself ready that at any you going to lose your partner because no one can assure you for 100% guarantee & loyalty about freelancer's.Though there are some site & services who are professionally provide freelancer with assurance you can try for that...All the best

accountingtampafl, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  9. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need to ask your partner to sign contract.
    NDA.

Incase your partner cheated you,then you can sue your partner.

mentos, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  10. csreference

csreference Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this, i was up to something same. So first thing to do would be to get your business registered and then do paperwork so that they cant steal your idea. You need to make them work under you even if as a partner, and not let them take control.

csreference, Sep 3, 2010 IP