1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I remove monetization from a website?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by aatech, Aug 27, 2010.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but this is the closest catagory i could find for my question.
    If you aquire a website that has already got monetization on it (Amazon, Google Ad Words etc) how do you remove all of the adverts from the site and still leave it looking good?

Many Thanks
    Rebecca
    :)

aatech, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  2. TheWiseGuy

TheWiseGuy Member

Best Answers:
    it depends if it's running on a content management system or not

It could be as easy as logging into the cms control panel and editing it online deleting the banner codes, or in the worst case you could need to go and edit every single page and remove the ad codes.

You need to give more details about the website ( static pages, dynamic pages, content management system, which cms, which ads do you want to remove -both text links or just banners, do you want to remove also in-content links to the advertisers etc...)

TheWiseGuy, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  3. aatech

aatech Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply.

There is no cms, with it being a standard wordpress site could you do all the editing in wordpress?

aatech, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  4. TheWiseGuy

TheWiseGuy Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is a CMS.

You should be able to edit all the files of the wordpress theme via the online theme editor, or even more easily changing the widgets contents.
    If you have ads in posts text you would probably need to go and edit every post...it's difficult to say this without seeing the site.

TheWiseGuy, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  5. MichaelSullivan

MichaelSullivan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree with TheWiseGuy. It would work for you without any hassle if you will just try to change the widgets or eliminate the monetization widget that is present on your site. You can utilize the help section available in your WP dashboard for exact details.

MichaelSullivan, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  6. uabclst

uabclst Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could replace the ads with pictures of the same sizes (160x600, 728x90, 300x250 etc) and possibly have links on the pics.

uabclst, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  7. aatech

aatech Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated.
    It has given me a few ideas as to what to do.

aatech, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  8. indescoz

indescoz Peon

Best Answers:
    yea you can replace banner ads by same size of images that will be best solution i think.

indescoz, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  9. TheWiseGuy

TheWiseGuy Member

Best Answers:
    you could link such images to a contact us page where interested users can inquire about advertising on your site.

This wouldn't be worth the effort if your site doesn't get some decent traffic

TheWiseGuy, Sep 4, 2010 IP