1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some tips for facebook marketers

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by White80, Aug 23, 2010.

Add friends:
    1. Search for a person within your niche or a niche in the search bar.
    2. Look through their friends (they are likely to be in your niche).
    3. Look at their profile. If they are for example interested in networking, seem to share common interests and you like the look of them;
    4. Send them a friends request. Make sure to add a personal message. This is how you begin to build a relationship. If you have a landing page you can even put this at the bottom of the personal message.

NB. You have a 5000 friend cap so be selective... and don't try to add more than 25 freinds in a 24hr window or you will get a slap on the wrist and risk a ban.

Groups are a great area for discussion:
    Once you have a list of friends within your niche why not invite them to join a group?
    The group should be for a specific subject within the niche.
    1. Simply create the group and;
    2. invite your friends to join (with 1 click). As soon as friends join your group you have the ability to send emails direct into their facebook inbox. You can email the whole group with 1 click.

Groups are great for discussion, conversations. You can moderate the group.
    Tip - make sure to put keywords people will search for in the title of the group.

(From a recent webinar)

I hope this tips help you.

Best wishes,

Joe

White80, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  2. AnnM

AnnM Guest

Best Answers:
    wow this is really great- i recently created a facebook page for my ebooks website but wasn't getting the publicity or the traffic. BUt your post clears it all up for me. Facebook can be a great tool- i even heard buzz that it might google some serious competition soon! :D

AnnM, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  3. jackson10

jackson10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! very useful

jackson10, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  4. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good one, your tips are very helpful for the beginners. I would add more by saying that create a fan page too, so you can have a landing page with an FBML page whch can attarct more eyeballs.

China_girl, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  5. Zack_miller

Zack_miller Peon

Best Answers:
    your tips are really helpful.

Zack_miller, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  6. razz.jazz

razz.jazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Not bad. But also not very good either. Just my opinion.

razz.jazz, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  7. khulet22

khulet22 Member

Best Answers:
    Useful and helpful. It's good. :)

khulet22, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  8. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Offer something new which people cant get anywhere else like exclusive product coupon, free shipping, you can also create a video related to your niche and share on facebook, provide news related to your niche, you can also share photos of your products. In this way you can promote your product.

Alan Smith, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  9. IncomeMarketingPro

IncomeMarketingPro Peon

Best Answers:
    Theres only one thing I kind of disagree with and its in your intial contact message for a friend request by having your landing page in it. This to me is to spammy and commercial. When I send friend request, yes I send them a mesage but I do not offer them anything, Now heres an example of my intial contact message when I ask for a friend request... I just tell them I saw their profile and seen that they are in the same industry as me, and I'm looking to build a group of contacts and hopefully make some friends as well to share the ups and downs of our business in an atempt to try to help each other and others out as well, Hope to hear from you Steven. This make its more personal. If and when they add me, I comment on their wall thanking them, and then about a day later in a personal message to them, I mention that I have free software for them that could really help them out in making thier business grow, and then I post a link to my landing page. If they do not take my service I offer them, then I just leave it at that and post on their wall once a week, like have good day or have a good weekend, etc... and if they comment on my wall and keep in touch, then I do also. If I don't make a sale, I atleast did make a new friend and contact, and over time you will be surprised how this just might convert later for you, social networking to build a warm market and convert to sales is little tought and time consuming. So I really don't spend to much time on it, but this is what works for me.

IncomeMarketingPro, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  10. javierjmc

javierjmc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. I think you need to let the other person visit your profile and see what you have to offer. The other tips are great btw..

javierjmc, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  11. Sweetums

Sweetums Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your tips - they could come in handy but as for now I just use Facebook to stay in contact with family and friends. I would not even know how to use it as a marketing strategy.

Sweetums, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  12. Abhishek Saini

Abhishek Saini Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook tips:

When send links add emotions to it because people are emotion fools.......lol
    2.Facebook page should be created not group.If u update on group than one has to visit group to check it and facebook page update in its news feeds.
    3.Ask your friends to help you
    4.Chat with people built relationship
    5.Send as many as invites you can send of your page and friend suggestion can be send from your friends profile.
    6.Connect with me on gtalk to know more

Abhishek Saini, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  13. edcampbill

edcampbill Peon

Best Answers:
    Its been very convincing that facebook marketing is very helpful. About your suggestions I guess I will apply it first before I conclude. Anyway thanks for the tips really hope it can help.

edcampbill, Sep 5, 2010 IP