1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I take 100+ technology domains and make money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by UnBooked, Sep 7, 2010.

I have a collection of over 100 technology domains and I'm absolutely clueless on how to turn a profit with these.

-I don't have the time to write unique content and do any SEO or promotional marketing for the domains.
    -I've tried domain parking, adsense, CPM networks, CPA ads, everything. But I've had little luck with all of them.

I spent a good $800 investing in them and I'm hoping I can make some money from them before I sell. You see, within a few years I expect the value of the domains to grow, and many of them to sell in the high $xxx or low $x,xxx range.

I'm sort of regretting buying them, but I wouldn't regret it if I can work out making some profit. Anyone have ideas...?

UnBooked, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  2. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about developing one first? Just one. If you can send me a list of the domains, perhaps I can help you to choose one to start with.

ThisOldMan, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  3. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be my attack plan, if my schedule wasn't already consumed by other websites. I am currently focusing on a completely unrelated website so I don't have any time for these domains.

UnBooked, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  4. ThisOldMan

Best Answers:
    I see. How about this? Let me have a look at the list of domains. I will choose one to develop for you. No promises. Just feel that it is a waste to just let them sit there idly not earning anything.

ThisOldMan, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  5. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're open to that, that would be wonderful! I'll send you some of the domains I feel are most promising.

UnBooked, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  6. ThisOldMan

Best Answers:
    Looking at them now. Give me a couple of days and I will send you something. May I have your email, please?

ThisOldMan, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  7. pennystockspsychic

pennystockspsychic Peon

Best Answers:
    Another good start to look into is to outsourcing the work, i know that within your budget you can hire, someone to start up a basic blog platform, in the niche your in, and of course dependent upon the keywords in your domain, but if you are looking to increase each domain in value, outsourcing is the way to go, if time is of the essence for you, IMO of course, just a suggestion to ponder ;)

pennystockspsychic, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  8. Oskar28

Oskar28 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah.. Domain Parking.. or outsource it for development.. Rank it.. and sell links.. :) Just my suggestions...

Oskar28, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  9. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you really feel that some of the domains hold value, and you'd be interesting in selling, feel free to PM me the list.

WebDev Solutions, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  10. The Simpleton

The Simpleton Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know you've gotten some good suggestions and replies already, but I just wanted to add my $0.02. You have a large number of domains and believe some of them hold some value. That means there are a bunch of idle domains which don't have any content in them? It would be a good idea to hire someone to create content (mostly articles) for such domains and then try to put them on sale in the marketplace. You never know who is looking for the type of content you post! I'm ready to create some content for such "low-value" domains if you want. Just give it a thought.

The Simpleton, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  11. abideabide

abideabide Guest

Best Answers:
    try to buy buck in godaddy it will be cheaper...

abideabide, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  12. Christian_SEO

Christian_SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are luck to have "ThisOldMan" offer to help you. You may also find help on Namepros.com since it's a domain name forum.

I was concerned beause you said you tried parking, adsense, etc. You might want to try Noomle.com or Whypark.com. They allow you to get content on the domains without a lot of work. But if you really don't have time for these domains, then you should sell that as soon as possible. Depending on how good they are you may get back some or all of your money, but it's hard to tell. As you have found out, domains are easy to buy and may increase in value, but they are not easy to make money with and when renewal time comes along that can be a huge bill to pay for a possible future payoff...! Good Luck!

Christian_SEO, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  13. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its sounds like parking does not work for you.
    think the simple and obvious way to is to set up 200 blogs ( there are simple tools to administer all of them )
    Autoblog of course.

cheap reseller hosting, perhaps via "hostnine" as you can set them out in blocks of 10 on different ips,
    SEO:
    link them to the different blogs on the other ip's
    simple scrapebox and profile burst to get them going.

they are the broad stokes but its would bring in money and after the initial setup cost ( which is your labour ) then you just count the money.
    you could even outsource the job to set it all up

ronmac, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  14. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Outsource to other people that have time to manage it.

In return,share the profit to the worker accordingly.

mentos, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  15. ThisOldMan

Best Answers:
    This is what I have figured out so far:

1. Set up a Wordpress blogsite. Specifically Wordpress 3.0 with multi-site activated.
    2. Offer to host blogs for free with the condition being that the blogs must use a name from your list of 100 domains.
    3. Add a bonus by offering the chosen domain name for a very attractive price when the blog using that name gets, say, 1000 unique visitors.
    4. Populate your blogsite with content related to your domain names to attract the right kind of visitors.

Hope that is useful.

ThisOldMan, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  16. Candybox

Candybox Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you should look at parterning up with someone else? I think 40% split would cover their work, ie SEO promoting managing etc?

Candybox, Sep 14, 2010 IP