1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I cant get traffic to FORUM

Discussion in 'General Business' started by usamatariq, Sep 19, 2010.

Hey guys can someone pls help me i cant get even a little traffic to my forum and can anyone pls help me to make backlinks:D....Here is my forum http://ps2iso.tk

usamatariq, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  2. dreamconception

dreamconception Peon

Best Answers:
    You need an active user base, and you should get anyone to write as much as possible. For forums the active user base is very very important, and it will only help slightly to get more backlinks. If people see a dead forum, the simply not going to participate.

Send it to friends, or people who would be interested in such a board, build up the user base. Google and traffic from there will come in time.

dreamconception, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  3. arifsha

arifsha Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Do It Good Advise From dreamconception :D

arifsha, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  4. scithe

scithe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The most important thing is to answer, "why?" Why should I join your forum over someone else's similar forum? How does your site set yourself apart from the rest? You need to convey those answers to the inbound traffic.

Building some content pages might help as well. A guide to ripping your own PS2 games for instance. Pages explaining what an ISO is and the type of mounting tools you might need.

scithe, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need to make more quality posts to get traffic, and you shall choose the right forum

lifeplayer, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  6. alexschooling

alexschooling Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, to tell you directly your site doesn't have even 5 posts on the home page so first of all try to develop content!

Hire some forum posters it is very cheap now you can here any forum poster and can pay even 5 cents for one post!

Well, I am also a forum poster but I post only for webmaster forum and my rate is 10 cents!

Another thing is to do onpage SEO of your site I didn't find any keyword that should be targeted so put keywords in title!

alexschooling, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  7. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, typically people who create a successful forum have either a major fan base or they know a lot of friends. Obviously you don't have that going for you due to having 3 members there.

You should consider the fact that forums are not for everyone. When starting a website you need to have a plan of how you will make it popular. Without that plan there is no point in starting one up.

On a positive note you should make 50 fake accounts and start topics and reply to them like nuts. Talk to yourself and let the site get a lot of content going on. It will help to get members if they have something to look at.

Laceygirl, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  8. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That kind of marketing might leave you brain damaged .

The best way to market a new forum is to invite members and offer prizes for non spam posting . You'd be amazed what people do for 10 $ .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  9. editionart

editionart Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes Do It Good Advise From dreamconception.

editionart, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  10. computerconsultant

computerconsultant Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree with dreamconception. Promote your forum link in social networking sites and invite users by doing good quality postings.

computerconsultant, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  11. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its very possibly, but luckily the people who make forums not backed up from a website(support forum) can afford a little more damage. I still vouch for my system with creating fake profiles. I used to run EEQ(Echo EarthQuake) which is long gone now after sold and torched, but it started with about 6 or my friends and I created about 50 fake accounts and I think that after about a year I was at about a 12,000 member count but it was REALLY active too because I got them so quick. The fake accounts thing works pending you have visitors to the site.

Laceygirl, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  12. dreamconception

dreamconception Peon

Best Answers:
    Fake accounts can help a lot. I gives the new users an image of an active board, and eventually the user decides to stay on the board and contribute and make the board more active. This is the positive spiral needed to keep the board alive.

dreamconception, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  13. teddy_novak

teddy_novak Peon

Best Answers:
    Like any website, content is king. If need very helpful content over anything else. Find answers for your niche and start creating subjects about it. If the content is good, all your backlinking and advertising will be put to good use. I agree with most of the posts here, but focus on getting to the core of the REASON your forum exists, then try to create quality discussion that centers on that alone. People come back for good content!

teddy_novak, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  14. Coyotito

Coyotito Peon

Best Answers:
    Forums are a pain in the arse to get moving, hahaha... But yeah, as the others said the most important factor is the active members base.

Coyotito, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  15. davei

davei Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating a forum need a little expertise i would advice you to concentrate on branding yourself otherwise known as attraction marketing and you see people gravitate towards you.in other word Find your niche and work on it.

davei, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  16. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    going along with Laceygirl's idea. As you are writing content (ie talking to yourself). Make sure to link to other relevant sites owned by people who are prolific forum posters. You will find tons of them on DP. Click on the link a few times. In many cases the owner will see you in his stats and check to see what the site is that has been referring people. If you site ahs any interest to them they may stick around and write some posts.

I've found a lot of new forums because I've followed a link back from my stats. It's kind of human nature to want to add something in when someone is talking about your site. Good way to get some signups.

adacprogramming, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  17. Tom_Lee

Tom_Lee Peon

Best Answers:
    The most important thing is you need to make more quality posts to get traffic, and you shall choose the right forum.

Tom_Lee, Sep 28, 2010 IP