1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg/delicious/StumbleUpon

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by relient28, Sep 22, 2010.

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else was liking their pages on any of these social book marking sites? I had heard that the links were nofollow but does anyone know if that is true or false? I was hoping to create some high PR back links to my arcade site.

relient28, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  2. defuse.com

defuse.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you right click and check the source code press control F and type in "nofollow", if it shows up....yup!

defuse.com, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  3. itchair

itchair Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes,you can still get a traffic to your site even if that link is nofollow site,there is no matter about that...

itchair, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  4. relient28

relient28 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the quick replies guys! Do you know of ANY services other than paid directories where I could put some links up? Sorry is this is a stupid question I am just pretty new to SEO and it seems extremely difficult to get good backlinks.

relient28, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  5. myndconsulting

myndconsulting Peon

Best Answers:
    myndconsulting, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  6. pageupseo

pageupseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course your question is stupid because your answer is already on digitalpoint.com, just browse the forum.

pageupseo, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  7. vnsmith

vnsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    there are lots of directory site.. try searching on google if you don't find it on the link provided by myndconsulting.. but pretty sure you'll find everything in there

vnsmith, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  8. Jason C

Jason C Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, for arcades, submitting to directories is a waste of time. In order to get the "high pr backlink" from a site like Digg and SU or any directory is to get your story/link on the home page and for a "pointless arcade" I dont see that happening.

Your best bet for getting links is to write articles about you games and submit them to ezinearticles, etc. These are good links and if you write well, your articles will get published on people's blogs which will give you links and maybe some traffic. Your next good options are to link exchange with other arcade webmasters over at TA and AWF.

Finding blogs to comment on that you can use your anchor text is good also, especially if they're do follow. Signature links in forums are good to. Then again you could always buy links to, but for arcades look for them to be alot more expensive per month than some tech blog, especially ones with PR of 3 and higher.

Dont forget to use your target keywords as your link's anchor text! Good luck!

Jason C, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  9. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Some social bookmarking sites are still dofollow. Some used to be dofollow and have since switched to nofollow. You never really know if any site will make the switch. Digg is popular and can still send traffic. You really never know if someone will come to your site from anywhere including nofollow and possibly convert into whatever it is you promote. So nofollow isn't totally useless. They can be a good source of traffic if the site is popular.

gameutopia, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  10. crudeexperts

crudeexperts Peon

Best Answers:
    I like new digg because of its features.

crudeexperts, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  11. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi! Don't be afraid of no-follow links - they are helpful in generating traffic to your website.

Warner, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  12. diyakapoor

diyakapoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the social bookmarking sites provide nofollow links. So, they can't help you in providing a good back link. But they are very helpful in traffic increase. Enjoy traffic from there..

diyakapoor, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  13. sharelinks

sharelinks Peon

Best Answers:
    i would create a sharelinks.co page

You can put link to all of your social networks on a simple clean page. You can then share that page on Facebook. It will spread more than just a single social network. It will spread every link on the page with your facebook friends. You (or your fans) can also share it to Twitter, MySpace, StumbleUpon, Digg, Delicious and even e.mail it. It spreads your whole network so much faster than just sharing a single page.

you can visit sharelinks.co/share to see what a page looks like and if you want you can even share it to see how the share widget works when spreading your whole network.

It's probably one of the greatest tools on the internet.

sharelinks, Oct 11, 2010 IP