1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thinking of Starting Video Game Development Company!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by olddocks, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Xtremexx

Xtremexx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Makesure you start thinking about the story and what will set it out different from the other games, also go onto developers sites and see how they started some of them have like a history page if not then try wikipedia, hope this helps and good luck, also you might want to start thinking about what engine you might want your game to run also before you go into mainstream game development try making an indie game those are games you find in the PSN network or the Xbox Live Market Place

Xtremexx, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  2. Tom_Lee

Tom_Lee Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you know to properly venture into 3d game field it takes atleast 5yrs to learn.

Tom_Lee, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  3. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks 5yrs i am prepared to put in. i know chances of success are very slim but i would like to to keep throwing stones, even it means a failure. As of now playing Games are my passion and game development is a long term goal.!

olddocks, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  4. unbrokenspirit

unbrokenspirit Peon

Best Answers:
    back to the past, i have the same idea. but it's not to much reliable, because human resources in my country is only a few experts.
    just tell me whenever you goal, I'm pleasure to be a beta tester :D

unbrokenspirit, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  5. BLuka

BLuka Active Member

Best Answers:
    you should understand how much 25,000 means, do a huge research, ask on other forums too, ask game developers..

BLuka, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  6. LasseKohau

LasseKohau Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Olddocks, very exciting business.

In most business matters, all it takes to succes is

1) hard work
    2) dedication
    3) knowledge
    4) bit of luck

It seems to me, that you are very well "dressed" for an oppertunity as described. If you can turn your hobby in to a real business, you poberly will make som kind of money.

I suggest, to hook up with some contacts in the business, and start to create circles by discussing ideas and games. Get your name out in the business.

regards, LASSe

LasseKohau, Sep 29, 2010 IP
    olddocks likes this.
  7. revolverbloom

revolverbloom Member

Best Answers:
    Gosh I think this about sums it up perfectly! If you aim big at the beginning, then you will probably bite off more than you can chew. I would advise to start small, look into the small mediums, flash, javascript et al. Learn the rudimentary pieces first and work your way up. $25k is al ot of money and the last thing you would want to do is blow it all for a game that has no market! Granted, gaming is your passion, but let your passion make you money and not blow a hole in your pocket.

Furthermore, write a plan, I highly recommend a SWOT analysis, this will help you to identify what you want to gain from the project (monetary and personally), your competition, market type and how you plan to be on top.

revolverbloom, Nov 24, 2010 IP