1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is website traffic worth an effort?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by togotutor, Sep 27, 2010.

Guys,
    I am owner of a technical website (site url in my signature), It`s a new site and I am putting a lot of effort and money.... still in beta version. Is it worth to do all this effort?
    Let`s see If I have 100,000 page views/month how much money I can make without selling anything for a technical niche website from cpm/cpc ads?

Any suggestions?

togotutor, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  2. ala101

ala101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it woth it for sure. Just follow a strategy and measure the ROI to be on the safe side.

ala101, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  3. togotutor

togotutor Active Member

Best Answers:
    How much can I expect?

4. Media Signal

Media Signal Peon

Best Answers:
    What is written in your business plan ?

Media Signal, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  5. togotutor

togotutor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Please ebalorate.. Also general idea on if I reach to a point where I get 100,000 page views/month. How much can i make from cpm/cpc ads(no affiliates or pop-up ads) not selling anything....

General Idea will give me my answer.

6. togotutor

togotutor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any other opinions please?

7. Tom_Lee

Tom_Lee Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes,this site is realy worth.

Tom_Lee, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  8. togotutor

togotutor Active Member

Best Answers:
    And What`s the scope of it?

9. togotutor

togotutor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can someone please give me a decent reply on this question...

I really need answer as i really dont want to spend time on the websites if it`s not going to generate any revenue.

togotutor, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  10. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need to wait at least 6 month then only can see whether its generate income or not.

1 month is nothing as you cannot see how your website perform.

mentos, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  11. togotutor

togotutor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I am on first page of google for various key phrases in my niche and i am getting 100 users/day (almost). So please give me some suggestion on where are you seeing this website will generate some money in future and how? Should I sell something or advertisement will be enough.

togotutor, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  12. johnzawad

johnzawad Peon

Best Answers:
    If you anticipate receiving 100,000 page views a month, then you definitely need to stick with this website. That's a lot of traffic! You'll need to tweak it and add monitisation to your website, such as affiliate links, adsense, membership programs, etc. This is something that you'll have to weigh up and decide on. Good luck.

johnzawad, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  13. wf2h

wf2h Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry but in my honest opinion you will need much more work with site before it starts to give back

wf2h, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  14. prowlerinc

prowlerinc Peon

Best Answers:
    ya also my option what wf2h said.

prowlerinc, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  15. temp2

temp2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    earning depend your niche, but if you invest effort & $ into traffic for the new site, I think you'll have negative income for the begin, maybe

temp2, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  16. togotutor

togotutor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for response, I am investing a good amount of money on the site design (which will be ready soon). I am on first page of google for many key phrases in my niche. Now as my site is more like an education site with courses from basic to advance level.

I started my website almost two months ago(url in my signature), found out that my Alexa rank is 9 million +, I then started backlinking (right way only). Few things:
    1. Patience
    2. Backlinks (right way).
    3. Press-releases.
    3. Articles.
    4. Answering Forums.
    5. Tutorials which are not online (rareones) example --> wily EM installation tutorials.
    6. Reply to Forums.
    Now I am at 645,000.

I dont use any blackhat or paid traffic, as I know that`s bad. I even not have put any ads yet and will not put for next 4 more months. But my question is :
    1. Why someone will buy stuff from my website (affiliated marketing), when you have ebay, craigslist and amazon.
    2. CPM does not give any money, Here is my Adsense money:
    3. Page impressions Clicks Page CTR Page eCPM [?] Estimated earnings
    AdSense for Content top channels 64,303 89 0.14% $0.28 $17.85

So with everything legitimate, what you guys see my website in an year or 6 months. As you guys have way more experience in web-developement and SEO, please give me some suggestion, as it takes a lot of effort and my time and is really worth to do it?

17. susan_ham

susan_ham Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure that all effort you have done can bring your site more traffic in return, although you can't see it at present. Waiting for long time and you will see corresponding recompense for you effort.

susan_ham, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  18. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    The reason they will buy stuff is because you make it convenient and/or tempting. For example, on your pages put links to relevant Amazon products. For example, if the page is a tutorial on PHP, put links to some of the best books on PHP programming. The people that are reading your tutorial on that subject are obviously interested in learning something and are likely purchasers of a book.

First of all, you are violating the AdSense TOS by publishing your exact figures and I would be violating the TOS by giving you my figures, but I will say two things:

1. Your Click Through Rate is surprisingly low to me. When I look at your website I don't see any ads at all, so I can't even guess what the problem is. Google has a "heat map" that can help you position the ads in a way to be most effective.

2. You are getting about 20 cents per click. I don't know what the rate per click in your niche is, so I can't tell you whether that can be improved. I have a couple of sites that do much better than that but I have some sites where 20 to 30 cents seems to be the norm. Do some research using the AdWords Keyword Tool and look at the relative prices an advertiser would be expected to pay for clicks in your niche. Try to rewrite a few pages to target some of the higher priced keywords. Put them in a separate channel and check back in a few weeks to see if you can see any trends.

I would not expect to get rich from AdSense on 60,000 page views, but from what I have seen, I would expect a much higher CTR and more like $200-$300 from AdSense, even if the clicks are just 20 cents each. If you could get the clicks up to 40 cents, then $500 might be a reasonable target.

Business Attorney, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  19. togotutor

togotutor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for a great response, I was not sure if I am suppose to put these details, But I will remove it, just in case. Yes I have removed the Ads completly, I am thinking to first change the look and feel of my site and after 6 months or so I will start putting ads. I really want to first users to get to my website.
    My game plan:
    1. Add more content and tutorials.
    2. Change the design of template.
    3. Add some tools.
    4. Add the Advertisements in 6 months.

20. Denverlaw

Denverlaw Peon

Best Answers:
    A webpage without visitors is like an ice cream shop without ice cream. . . pretty, but relatively useless.

Denverlaw, Dec 12, 2010 IP