1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So should you buy your business or build it from scratch?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by blackhawkpartners, Oct 4, 2010.

Deciding whether to expand your business organically or through acquisitions is the ultimate build or buy decision.

Mainly,
    The Basic Benefits and Costs
    Know Your Own Business First
    Developing a Business Growth Strategy
    Know Your Industry and Market

blackhawkpartners, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  2. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    Ultimately there is only one thing to consider... time. Which will gain you revenue faster? If you can afford to do both and both are profitable... then do both cause you will gain revenue faster.

JoesMillion, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  3. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah, it's easy. Hire someone to do it for you, especially someone that can make you more.

JoesMillion, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  4. alimog

alimog Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all!

Both have their benefits.

Buying a business gives you instant access to revenue whilst building a business gives you the chance to mold it as your own.

I would be more inclined to start a business, since it lets you shape the business and its values....remember past businesses may bring past reputations also.

Regards

Chris

alimog, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  5. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    if it's an internet business you should probably start it from scratch... If you purchase a website that's main function is to make money you will have no idea how to operate this business because all you've done is purchased this website and you haven't done any market research etc. Building a website from scratch will force you to learn the ins and outs of running an online business and it might not be as effective as purchasing an established website it will benefit you in the long run because you will learn what it takes to run the business from all aspects: marketing, customer service etc. Even if the business you start from scratch doesn't generate as much cash for you as purchasing a business it will at least cover the basics of internet marketing. Diving right into a business with no experience could cost you lots of money and might not work out for you.

Le Dangles, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  6. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you here to ask us questions or spam us your link. This is twice you've posted it.

JoesMillion, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  7. blackhawkpartners

blackhawkpartners Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sharing my views and ideas with you people. Thats it. If you are feeling like that, I cant do anything.

blackhawkpartners, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  8. BUSINESSTOOL

BUSINESSTOOL Peon

Best Answers:
    The 2 instances in which I would buy a business are
    1.) if I needed access to their client base (this will save on advertizing)
    2.) If I want their unique assets or intangible assets( copyrights, trademark etc)

BUSINESSTOOL, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  9. JerryMAC

JerryMAC Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to do both, buy one and then sell it after making it more popular. And open a new one for yourself for steady income.

JerryMAC, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  10. blackhawkpartners

blackhawkpartners Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes its really a good idea MAC. The success of your current business is based on your ability to offer your existing clients top-notch service. Any growth strategy could put that at risk, and render any possible benefits moot. Then there’s the matter of your financial infrastructure.

blackhawkpartners, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  11. AlfredSiliano

AlfredSiliano Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, it is a strategic decision and will depends on several factors. By buying instead of building, you’re sacrificing the ability to tailor the business to all of your specifications. Building can allow you to move at your own pace, pull back if circumstances change quickly on you and guard your business culture.

AlfredSiliano, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  12. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. it depends on what business it is
    2. it depends on the post purchase $ generation potential, i saw people selling snazzy websites (MFA) remember?

~~~~, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  13. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    Also buy buying other peoples businesses, you also buy their headaches. If a company is really profitable and doing well, why would they give it up for cheap? You dont want to buy them out only to find out all their customers are pains in the ass and not worth it to keep! And you wont have any clue until its too late. On paper they can look like a gold mine, but until you are in control you wont know for sure. No one is going to willingly tell you "yeah my customers are real jerks I hate them and they never pay on time etc" if you are trying to buy them. You dont find out until its too late. I understand from time to time it can be beneficial, but I think dollars are better spent promoting your own business. If you cant grow with your own dollars, how can you grow with another companies dollars as well...

webrec, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  14. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    depends on your niche and capital...

extraspecial, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  15. blackhawkpartners

blackhawkpartners Peon

Best Answers:
    For some companies, growing via acquisition may be an especially attractive option in such environment. In many industries, the same forces that are restricting organic growth—the credit crunch and the recession—have also separated the strong from the weak. While companies with high cost structures or heavy debt loads are struggling, leaner and better capitalized companies are positioned to take the lead in growing through consolidation.

blackhawkpartners, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  16. thenonk

thenonk Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the business as a childhood game, if we can build it from scratch would be more controlled in its development. and surely as children so enjoy the game because they felt proud of his experience.

thenonk, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  17. blackhawkpartners

blackhawkpartners Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes doing business in a game. But if we only get more experience in that particular business.

blackhawkpartners, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  18. blackhawkpartners

blackhawkpartners Peon

Best Answers:
    As for acquisitions, most will require some outside help, such as lawyers, attorneys, and other investment bankers and advisors. That translates to a bounty of fees. And the more complex the transaction is, the larger those fees will grow. Then there are other obvious integration costs such as those for IT and accounting systems. The success of the acquisition will rest on your ability to realize all the cost savings and revenue opportunities that looked so appealing on paper.

Blackhawk Partners

blackhawkpartners, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  19. articchen

articchen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    building your business from scratch is one of the best way to get started because you also lean on your way getting to the top of the game

articchen, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  20. ameerulislam1

ameerulislam1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you post your link in the signature section. I guess you are spamming unknowingly. Go to your user cPanel (settings) and add your link to your signature section. Or you might get banned for spamming.

ameerulislam1, Oct 31, 2010 IP